UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Nearly Christmas

Jazz

How did the speed awareness course go Yantan? I've only heard positive things from people who've been on them.

Never got the sunshine Griff. Throw it up a bit harder tomorrow please.

How many mice have you got Owl? It seems never ending.

Don't suppose you want to foster a 7 year old Shi Tzu Jazz? Owner needs to rehome due to work/day care circumstances changing. Have contacted Oldies Club so hopefully they can help.

The post by me at 8.06 was done from my phone yesterday. and referred to yesterday's mouse. No idea why it took a day and a half to arrive. So a mouse every morning for the past 3 days, and one early this evening when we got back from a long walk by the riverbank. I think it had only just gone in the trap. It was very cross and shot off like a tiny rocket when I took it up to the wood. As to how many I have, I can say many more than I thought. Extra traps arrive on Saturday according to email I just got, so we will see what happens when I have 4 traps set at once. Would anyone like to take a guess at how many I catch before the end of the year?

I reckon that a mouse has put a post on their equivalent of FB saying what an awesome b & b you are running and will even provide a taxi service to a lovely picnic area lol

I have never used poison, my great grandads jrt jack got hold of rat poison, nearly killed him and he had to have medication for his life....I could have only been tiny and i remember being with slobberchops ( my great grandad) and him making a sandwich and him telling me he had to share his sandwich with jack as it was the only way he would have the tablet and me having to distract the dog so he wouldn't see...I thought he was cracked at the time but now i know how smart animals are!

Mice can start breeding at 4 weeks old and a female can produce 60 young in 3 months So there are probably nests around. They do say if you remove one you just make room for another one.

The builder was removing the stone wall on the inside of our garage wall yesterday and there was field mouse running across the rafters. We will always have them visiting as we are surrounded by fields and woods.

Getting a new bedroom carpet today so bedroom has been emptied and the old carpet is being lifted before they come.

We are going down to Edinburgh tomorrow, for the weekend. Thankfully the weather is set to continue to be mild.

• Like 1

what a fun night

as i was sat on the bed getting undressed, with my back to the dogs, hugo weed over the whole bed. so had to take the 2 sleeping bags off and get 2 more out. i was ruddy annoyed with him as he had just been in the garden. so he managed to squeeze under the bed, after woofing in the kitchen, keeping us awake and me shouting at him. so this morning he was stuck under the bed crying. luna was doing the lassie bit. i left him there. he got himself out when i rattled a bag, but was straight under the sofa, wouldnt go in the garden. so i cleared up the wee going under the rug.

*sigh*

the foster coming today is called Klaus. cant call him that as I have mouse, so he will be clause, maybe colin

Is it that Hugo won't wee outdoors in the cold?

It was very cold when I did the morning mouse run. That is number 5. My neighbour in other half of semi has been doing major DIY stuff, laying a new kitchen floor and who knows what else. Maybe some were living under floor and have come over here.

Eve the speed awareness course is this afternoon.

I'll guess at 23 meeces by the end of the year Owl.

Archie went for a walk with Ruby this morning and was running around like a la'al pup :wub: He got me up at 4am and 6am, second time he did a poo in the garden. However he came up to get me up at 7.30 and he'd done more in the hall. Which he had stood in and spread around the house. Deep joy.

Lol @ your dad Griff. The course obviously worked for him :D Your aim was better today and the sun has arrived. A lot milder out than what I thought it was going to be as well so was a tad overdressed and sweltering on the dog walks. Better than shivering though.

I'm going for 32 mice Owl.

How old is Hugo Jazz?

Good luck with the course Yantan.

• Like 1

To be fair Eve, he was just over both times and the second time he had just dropped me at the undertakers to go and see his mum and was on his way to work..I think like Yantan he was a mile or 2 over

Glad the sun reached you!

I am bored, can't be bothered with going out, I am just watching time teams about jersey and the Germans...well mixed with the banging from next door