UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

I think your colours look great, Griff...shame you can't afford the lamp you want, any chance it might be reduced in the next sale?

Nigel, I hope your interview went well and you get the job. My husband recently changed jobs after 14 years at the same place, and he found the interview nerve wracking too but he must have done ok as he got the job.

I lent the chap up the road a lead to take his dog home, but he did say he will probably forget to return it as he had a brain haemorrhage some years ago and he has short term memory loss. By the shape of his dog, he must forget he's fed it and feeds it again! I must say, dog didn't exactly look pleased to see him.

• Like 1

Love your colours, griff.

I want our kitchen painted but it is a large l-shaped room so a lot of work and disruption. In our last house the kitchen was normal size and I got it fully tiled to avoid any further decorating.

The same with the bathroom. Nothing worse than needing the loo when somebody is busy painting it.

We used to have a westie that came visiting. He would arrive in the evening and lie by the fire for ages, then get up and go home. My parents lived two streett away and later on they mentioned a westie who visited them in the evenings.

So he obviously had a visiting routine of the neighbourhood.

We never knew who he belonged to.

After a very nice sunny day we have had two grey, wet, cold days but today the sun has his hat on again.

• Like 1

I hope the interview went well x

just took luna out, she was fine with the binmen making a fuss of her

the rescue hasn't answered me, so they can sod off. the other rescue has a pug cross needing a foster so ive offered.

ill take merlin and jerry out later

• Like 1

Alabama Rot seems to be spreading. The latest advice is to keep your dogs out of muddy areas. That's just about impossible here with the weather we've been having. I just hope that with the influx of tourists with dogs we will get over the next 2 weeks the damn thing isn't spread up here.

What's everyone doing over Easter?

Thanks Suzeanna and black magic, i don't think the lamp will get reduced, doesn't matter...i am sure i will find something else

Blackmagic, we are so lucky, we have 2 toilets so when the bathroom was getting done it was good not to have to rush too much.

Went to get a fringe trim and ended up getting the lot trimmed up, won't need cutting again for a while, made a spaghetti Bolognese for Steve so he has some dinners when he comes back from work, he is really fed up and so am i to be honest, he was due off sat, sun, mon, because it's easter, they have changed the shifts so his days are now, off sat, in sun, off mon, in tues, off weds...he went in and put a holiday form in for sunday and they said it would be refused so he went back and put a holiday form in for tuesday so at least he gets a decent break...i think that has been approved but all this is down to one fella who seems to not want to give steve decent days off, this is the same fella who told him he had days leave left and approved them...steve didn't have the days and lost a weeks wages...hopefully he can get the days off together and recharge his batteries

I didn't think Amazon would be delivering today. Are the couriers still working?

Archie and I went for an early morning walk and we saw the Easter bunny. He ran right across our path not 6ft in front of us. It will be horrendously busy here later. We are staying put.

Awww bless him

Just emailed a complaint to Iceland, for some bizarre reason they have put a turnstile at the start of the store...how the hell disabled people are supposed to access the store is beyond me...I had to asked people to let me through the till... which was a squeeze. I have pointed out that I should be able to walk into any store in the country and feel the same as any other customer...not feel like an inconvenience...let's see what they have to say!!