UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

March Big Freeze

Jazz

Oh heck Jazz I dunno. I wouldn't say that any demerara I've had tasted of liquorice or aniseed but maybe that's just my tastebuds!

There's Muscavado sugar too, which is a very dark sugar, but that doesn't taste of liquorice/aniseed to me either.

Now I'm intrigued.

We visited Boston on October. We motored up from New Jersey, where JIm working at the time up through Newo State

There was a freak snow storm just before we went and the trees , still in leaf, were covered with snow. Many branches came down due to the weight of the snow on them.

It was -15 in Boston.

We visited to some shops. Everybody crowded round the door, worked out where they were going next and then made a run for it, getting into the next shop as quick as we could.

Despite being wrapped up we were frozen.

The man of the family we were staying with had had a heart attack a few years before and he could not go out , it was so cold.

Yeah, my dad has been freezing and he never says he is cold, mum went to bed in a big thick polo neck Lol, she is worried as they are expecting 5-10 inches of snow tomorrow and they are due to fly to niagra falls...well buffalo

i won't use them Marion, i prefer to deal with my local pharmacy who can help me sort out drugs and over the counter products, also if i run short of anything i can ask to "lend" some until my prescription is sorted. Is there a reason you want to change? our chemist will deliver our stuff out, sadly they can no longer order repeat prescriptions off the doctor, we have to go through an NHS hub, i bypass that by ordering online Lol

i think mum and dad have left boston,well put it this way, the flight has left, last thing mum said to me was she would call me when they got to the airport.....nothing, i have checked the flight and it has departed

i won't use them Marion, i prefer to deal with my local pharmacy who can help me sort out drugs and over the counter products, also if i run short of anything i can ask to "lend" some until my prescription is sorted. Is there a reason you want to change? our chemist will deliver our stuff out, sadly they can no longer order repeat prescriptions off the doctor, we have to go through an NHS hub, i bypass that by ordering online Lol

i think mum and dad have left boston,well put it this way, the flight has left, last thing mum said to me was she would call me when they got to the airport.....nothing, i have checked the flight and it has departed

We used to have about 6 chemist shops in town but we are now down to 2 - Boots and a small local chain. I used the local one but a few months ago they were taken over by a bigger concern. A number of the staff left including the pharmacist who I knew well and who would immediately sort out any problem with a smile. Now I just get a shrug and told to come back the next day, they won't advance me any medication without a prescription even when they've made the mistake. It's a different pharmacist every time I go to collect my prescription and some of them are so off-hand. So the service just isn't that good any more. Ruby has already changed to Boots but they have missed ordering her prescription and forgotten to tell her its ready (they usually send her a text) so she then has to chase them up. It doesn't instil me with confidence so I thought I'd give a postal pharmacy a go and see how it goes.

Have you heard from your parents?

When the breast consultant told me he wanted me to have an MRI scan for a dubious area on my spine, I asked could they let me know by email or text if it was ok, so I wouldn't have to haul myself to the hospital only to be told it was nothing to worry about. He said alright but the nurse made an appointment for me "just in case." The appointment is tomorrow at 11.50 and so far I've heard nothing. Now I don't know if they have forgotten to let me know or if there is cancer in my spine. It's doing my nerves no good at all! Also for five days before an op you have to shower and wash your hair with this anti MRSA stuff, and it's making me itch. Oh woe is meeee!

Just had a phone call from the secretary of the last breast consultant I saw..he wants to see me on Tuesday to discuss the results of my MRI scan, and the date of my surgery is changing from Monday to Wednesday next week. After I went somewhat ballistic and pointed out that a) I have an appointment tomorrow for the results and b) I can't just change the day with no warning as my husband can't get time off just like that, she said she'd speak to him again. I got another phone call about five minutes later, saying come tomorrow after all for the results and the op will still be on Monday, but might not be with my lovely lady surgeon as she's been off sick. Arghh! It sounds as if it has gone to my spine, I've been reading up on the drugs they give you and I foresee a battle ahead as there is no way I'm taking them. I don't have any pain in my back, and the side effects aren't nice. Why make yourself feel rotten when you were feeling ok? I don't think he's going to be happy about it, somehow. I'm starting to feel like saying forget the whole thing, just leave me alone altogether.

Suzeanna, i really really hope it is arthritis for you, do you think that perhaps it hasn't been noted that you want the results given by phone? your agreement was with the other consultant wasn't it? I am pleased all your arrangements can stay the same, it annoys me how they think you can just alter your arrangements...it's not easy to get somebody to be able to get you there on time, be available to pick you up etc. I will be rooting for you tomorrow xx

I heard from my mum, they had a little bit of a nightmare, she couldn't use her phone at the airport for some reason, then they got to buffalo, went to pick up the car only to be told that as the bank had changed mums card they couldn't give them the car, they would have to issue a refund and my dad would need to pay as he is the driver?? anyway, they were damn rude and unhelpful and when they asked for a sat nav they were like what?? so mum said GPS?? they said down stairs, she went down, asked them and they said it will be $100 so mum said fine and the woman just threw it at my dad!!! the best bit? they have paid $100 for a sat nav that doesn't work in canada so they drove miles and miles out of their way only to find they can see the border from their hotel room Lol

her mobile phone won't let her call me so she has to text me to say she is calling the landline as i won't answer international calls Lol