UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

January's Fireside Chat

Yantan

I was a little bit windy when Archie and I went for a walk early this morning but nothing too bad. However it's really blowing now. I could hardly shut the front door for it. Fingers crossed no damage gets done.

Met a fellow dog walker this morning. Last time I saw her (last week) she just had one dog with her as the other wasn't feeling too well and she thought he was better off staying home warm & snug. Of course I asked how he was doing only to find out he'd gone to The Bridge a couple of days after our last meeting. She's only ever had pedigree dogs bought from reputable breeders but she said she was worried her age was against her now if she got another pup and thought she might have an older rescue dog, especially as her daughter, a vet, had 3 rescue dogs herself and they are all fabulous dogs. I told her about The Oldies Club and she said if and when the time is right & she feels ready she will look them up.

Bless her.

Today we had a ramble along the main lime tree avenue in Clumber Park. I spotted a small shoulder bag left under a tree, the kind guys have to keep their bits and pieces in. Opened it to look for ID, and was bowled over by the smell. Bleurgh. Strong stuff. Cannabis resin, grinding thing, papers and half a joint. Person must have been well stoned to leave that behind, and the worrying thing is that they would have been driving. Handed bag in to park ranger to deal with and report.

Wispa didn't like the bag and tried to pull me away from it. She would not have made the grade as a drugs detection dog.

My neighbour's son smokes regularly going by the aroma wafting over the hedge, and he's taking driving lessons. If I ever see him get in a car when I know he's been smoking, I'm ringing the police. I'd rather fall out with the neighbours than bear the guilt if he killed someone driving under the influence.

I always said to my sons they would rather the police find them drink driving than me. if I saw they had been drinking before driving id be taking the keys off them. threats meant they never did

little one is doing ok. shes starting to sit for a treat. she knows she gets one if she has weed in the garden

Lol@ Wispa keeping you on there straight & narrow.

Jazz I'd never have a pup again. Archie was such a little bugger I swore off them.

Talking of Archie he's in the vet's for his dental. Fortunately one of the neighbour's is a nurse there & she's going to ring me as soon as he comes round. If all goes well I should be able to collect him around 3 or 3.30. His face when I left him 😢

Well what's meant to be Jazz will be :)

Archie's dental has gone well although it was done a little later than planned so they want to keep him until 4.20 at which time I have a "discharge" appointment with the vet. He was still sleepy but calm when they rang about an hour ago. I can't wait to go and collect him & bring him home. I have put a nice clean throw on his sofa and a nice soft blankie in his bed by the fire. The heating is on so the house is nice and warm and I have some of his Edgard Cooper wet food on hand. Also we are having cauli cheese for tea so if he fancies a little bit of the sauce there will be some for him. I need him to eat as otherwise his acid reflux will kick in (if it hasn't already!)

Archie's home. The vet had taken photos of the "growth" on his gum for me to see taken when Arch was still out of it. I don't recall the name of the sort of growth he hopes it is i.e benign but he took a biopsy of it & said he could send it to the lab if I wanted to know one way or tuther or if I prefered not to know he would put in their medical waste. I chose to have it tested. Fingers crossed its nothing nasty.

Anyway he's here at home, a little wobbly but he's had his tea :)