UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

Suzeanna, it's a paste...you can buy pre- made or make your own

Hope you get good weather Blackmagic

I still find Diesel and Delaneys hair all over the place...makes me smile

Awww how Lovely Yantan, i like how dogs can just be dogs regardless of where they are from.

Theres a chap round here, has a tiny dinky yorkie, he is polish and we just say hi when we have the dogs, i knew he was a bus driver, i was stood up town yesterday and this bus stopped, this fella kept staring, i just looked back and i was thinking...i know that face, after about a minute, the penny dropped, i started laughing and just said "no doggies today" he started laughing his head off, funny how you can see someone most days but put them in a different place and take away the dog and i am clueless, him, his wife and son are lovely, one of the neighbours is elderly and has dementia, he has had a fall and broken ribs so can't walk the dog, they have been taking him out for them and they look after each others dogs when on holiday...lovely

After a couple of days with no response, Angela has bounced back and was sitting up in a chair today. It is as if her brain shuts down for repairs, then each time she surfaces she has made some more progress. Looks as if she is breaking all the rules. But then she always did hehe. Going to see her tomorrow and staying over until Fri eve. Wispa is with Finlay until Saturday. I had baked spud with cheese for supper and cut off a bit to give to her, then realised she wasn't there.

• Like 1

Amazing news Owl. Come on Angela!

I think they are OK in Austin Tx as that is where they are shipping some dogs and cats who have been saved from the flooding. I sent a donation to one of the rescues there that are doing sterling work & am now getting updates from them.

Archie has been out with his pals and the dog walker. He must have had a good time as he's been flat out on his sofa since he got back.

There's an 18 year old wonky & confused Patterdale x lost here (I think the owners are here on holiday but not sure) the details are on Dog Lost but the word has got out in town and there are so many people looking out for him. I just hope visitors haven't picked him up and taken him home with them as has happened before a few times. My old dentist, Ian, was out on the fells with his dog training to become a member of SARDA (search & rescue dogs) so the dog had been sent away to find a planted "casualty" . The dog being young and in the early days of training got distracted and so Ian lost contact with him. He was distraught! They had people combing the fell for days when they finally got some news. Some tourists had come across the dog. Thinking he wasn't being cared for, as the shepherd they assumed owned him had left him out there, they took him back to their holiday accommodation and then back to their home in Essex! Ian had injured his hand and wasn't able to drive so had to take the train to go and collect his dog and bring him back. He wasn't very pleased about it all.

Yantan, that happened to my mates elderly dog, his dad takes the 3 dogs together, 2 young and one old, obvs Gem...the old girl lags behind, she knows where they go and has had the same walk every single day in her life...i don't agree with it but he lets her off the lead and she potters along behind and they get her on the way back. Anyway, a couple driving in a car saw her at the side of the road, stopped, picked her up and drove off with her...didn't try to get her checked for a microchip nothing...they were off on holiday and took the dog off with them!! we were out for hours and hours in the chucking down rain, freezing cold pitch black looking for her, people came from across the city...gem is 15 and where they walk is near a river so we were thinking the worst! eventually the story came out and it took the police to get the dog back off the people, now it might not be right what the man does but that family had looked after gem for 15 years and for somebody just to take her and not even bother checking for a microchip...disgusting!

Jazz, only thing i can say is google it

Sorry Jazz not encountered that one yet.

I think the last time I wore a dress was in 1982, no tell a lie it was when my brother got married which was 1987 I think.

The sun has come out here - hurrah! Archie is out in the garden and when he's not barking at people going up next door's path he is laid out on his outdoor bed. He was a good boy when some people went by with a dog and just wagged his tail at them all. A couple of them stopped to say hello to him which he likes muchly.

Awww i would spend hours fussing Archie

Jazz, i think you can get synthetic tears from the chemists, they are eye drops just don't say they are for the dog...google it, dry eye eye drops and loads will come up about it

Well the one dress i really liked is like a sack...gutted, it was only £2.50 so will give it my mate along with the other one

Dogs groomed and now half the size and sweet smelling. Both put themselves to bed at 8 pm. I think they must have used up all their nervous energy this morning.

Suzeanna, I use Golden Paste. I make my own snd put it into containers to freeze until needed. It keeps in the fridge for two weeks. You can buy ready made from the Golden Paste Company but it is easy to make. I buy organic turmeric from Amazon and have been using coconut oil but Murphy has been scratching for a few weeks now so I am wondering if it is the coconut oil causing it so will try virgin olive oil next time.

http://turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-recipes-golden-paste/

There is a very good facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/415313751866609/

Good news about Angela. They do say we only use a small part of our brain and the unused part can learn to take over from damaged parts.

Murphy is now getting deaf and tends to trot off in his own direction when the smell takes him. If we directly behind him he does hear us. He is also at the stage of deciding he doesn't need to respond to us until he is ready- as elderly dogs do. My long line will be coming out very soon.

Cleo will return when called and when he eventually decides to join she gives him a telling off.

When my retriever, Shera, was deaf we sent my younger one to get her. Amber would run to her and run round her and then run back to us. Shera would turn to see where Amber had gone and we could then signal her to come by standing with our arms open wide and she would com to us. We didn't teach Amber to do it.It just developed. My young dalmatian would run to her but he wouldn't leave her to come back to us so wasn't much help. It is amazing how fast old dogs can run when they are going the wrong way and you are trying to catch up with them.

Phillipa Williams. the well known gun dog trainer lost her 121/2 year old deaf spaniel, Secret, on a walk. https://www.facebook.com/groups/753724534795426/

Secret is a 12.5 year old female cocker spaniel that has been missing since 7.30am on 13/8/17 after vanishing on a walk in Buttercrambe, YO41 area.

There has been two sightings since her disappearance on the same Sunday. One seen heading towards Bossal and another heading towards Stamford bridge, York.

Secret is 'COMPLETELY DEAF.

She was wearing a collar with a bell on it but this may have now come off.

Microchipped and Spayed.

She is an elderly dog but is also still very active.

There is a SUBSTANTIAL REWARD for her safe return or information leading to her safe return.

If seen, please do not chase or try to catch as she will be scared and being deaf also these may really make her bolt without encouraging her or building up her trust. Just call 01759 372293 or 07831817309 immediately with exact location and direction heading. If possible try to keep her in sight.

Thank you - lets share like mad to get this girl home.

She has been missing for a long time now for an elderly dog