UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

I seem to remember, when I said I don't want anyone to come to my funeral, that Yantan and Griff said the same? For them and anyone else thinking this way, someone on my FB has said she wants the quickest, cheapest funeral going and got lots of agreement, and this link. She has no family, just wants to get it down in her will her wishes, the most important one is for her ashes to be scattered with those of her dogs.

http://www.goodfuneralguide.co.uk/direct-disposal/

Hope it's not too morbid a subject! Just goes to show though, if like me you don't have hundreds of friends to weep and wail (one would be nice!) your next of kin doesn't have to fork out thousands for the traditional ceremony with the undertakers raking it in. I may have opposition from my kids, but I honestly don't see why they should feel the need to sit in the crem chapel listening to someone who's never met me waffling on. Better to be in the pub, raising a glass (or several, knowing my daughter.)

I haven't read it, but know you can go straight to the crem and miss out the funeral

the dogs parcel is on its way

ive been asked to take a 14 year old yorkie. don't know the situation, but poor sod needing a new home at that age

Jayne :GroupHug:

A friend called to see us yesterday. She occasionally looked after Archie when he was a puppy and hasn't seen him for while. She said "oh he's turned into a little old man". Because his eyes are cloudy and he has a few white hairs spreckled in amongst the dark hair on his head it does give his face an aged look. He's also casting at the moment, which he usually does at this time of year, so his coat isn't in the best of condition but you only have to see him running around during a walk and enjoying himself and it's hard to believe he's actually 14. It did bring it home to me though that we might not have him around much longer :sad02: He's already more than a year older than George was when he went to The Bridge.

Hope Ted, Archie and Dex are around for a good while yet.

Wispa is starting to look like a mature dog, and for the first time I need to watch her weight. She is still excellent for 10 1/2 but tires more easily and would sooner trot than gallop. Most of her life we have struggled to keep any weight on her at all. Still has very good teeth fro her age, and no frosting though it would be harder to see on her ticked coat.

She is still as loud as ever when awake, but sleeps more.

I like your grandson's thinking, blackmagic.

• Like 1

Murphy is 12 1/2 and is the fittest 12 1/2 year old dog I have had. Even the two who nearly reached 14 and 15 weren't as fit as he is at that age. He is getting quite deaf and can no longer keep up with Cleo sprinting along the beach but he still tries.

Were do the years go?

• Like 1

Jazz all of George's things are still here. His lead hangs beside Archie's, his collar is on top of his box of ashes, his coat is in the cupboard where it always was, his blankies are in the airing cupboard. I did put his bed, steps and favourite toys in the attic but only because it wasn't practical to keep them downstairs but they are still here. I couldn't bear to get rid of any of them. Archie may need the steps at some point in which case I will get them down.

Glad to hear Murphy is in fine fettle. Long may he continue to be so :flowers:

Baby hedgehog from a couple of weeks ago is now up to weight and a lot bigger, and was discharged from hog rescue. He is settled in a release box in the fenced off hog zone at end of garden. I have to keep feeding him for another fortnight.

• Like 1

I gave some of diesel and delaneys coats away to the pound dogs so they would be warm in winter. No dog will ever use their leads or harness again and their collars are in the living room...i am odd and actually have my dogs ashes in my tattoo on my wrist...i would have had Max's too but Steve wouldn't open the casket for himself so deffo wouldn't for me. Steve put Max's collar on Molly the same day as i had Max PTS...i don't know if it makes him feel max is still close?? He also used his lead but he lost it up the field and when he got it back something had taken a bite out of it!!

Awwww well done helping the hedgehog Owl...i do love hedgehogs, they are proper cute

Lol, that's lovely Jazz. I do my nut every christmas, the dogs ashes are on the mantlepiece...in exactly the same place as i first put them...they don't get moved, every year i have an argument with my mum who wants to move them to make way for "snacks and nibbles"...no bloody way!!! there will be even less room when ikkle Dex goes so she may as well get used to it Lol

• Like 1