UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

Lol too right Jazz! if they don't want me to drink it, they should't buy it Lol

Blood test today, had no text reminder but checked again online and it's still booked so will head off in a bit...once i've decided what to wear

Mum has recently been diagnosed with giant cell arteritis.... her CLP level was 143 :-(.... she is on 60mg steroids for over 2 months, they cant reduce them as the level shoots up, it is currently at 22... they want it to be 4.... she has rhumatoid arthritis, grade 3 COPD and osteoperosis.... she is having weekly blood tests... she's in with dr/a & e/ opticions on an almost daily basis... but... the last 2 days she has gone yellow... anyone know if thats normal? dr doesnt seem concerned... she's currently unable to eat or drink much too, its horrid

i don't go on forums much at all Jazz

louise, hope your mum will be o.k.... my crp was 400 and odd when i was diagnosed, i had 60mg daily steroids for weeks as well as steroid infusions fortnightly..i have never gone yellow, yellow is jaundice isn't it? what's her LFT doing? if she gets abdominal pain too i would be off to get a medic to look at her, what meds does she take for the RA? only asking as some of those can cause jaundice and i know you are supposed to get help quickly. Not an ideal long term solution but i was told if i couldn't manage to eat chocolate is good as it has calories and fat

• Like 1

This is the only forum I actually participate in but I am a lurker, pretty much, on 3 or 4 others that I look in on most days. I look in a lot on Twitter and Instagram but mainly to look at other peoples pets and scenery. I really only re-tweet stuff mainly to do with animal welfare and a bit of LGBTQ. Oh and I'm on Pinterest which I go on in phases. I'm not really into it right now.

Sorry to hear about your Mum Louisebt. That sounds a heck of a lot she has to suffer. I hope they medical people can ease her symptoms and pain.

Oh Jazz I absolutely HATE that bloody song although I have watched the film and quite enjoyed it.

Tis pizzlin down here, just for a change ha! We did manage to take Archie to the beach yesterday in a window of fine weather. We had lunch at a garden centre there. Archie was welcomed inside to an area especially set aside for customers with dogs :) He was given a chew and there was a big tub of nice cold fresh water on hand.