UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August's Aspirations.

suzeanna

Never seen frozen....don't know the words to the song!!

Got all dressed up to go out last night, half way there...the car breaks down..awesome, told my dad not to drive it but what would i know?? I am only a qualified mechanic lol

Ahhhh i know that bit of the song Lol

Having a nightmare here...god knows whats up with my mum but i am feckin sick of her snapping and moods, last night and this morning was the last straw. Went out with my dad...the car broke down..well it didn't break, the warning light for the temp kept coming on and i decided he should drive it no further...basically we were going to see friends and ended up heading up to our local, for some unknown reason we have to be back at 10pm..no clue why but there we go, anyway 5 past 10 and she starts calling..just as we are walking through the door....she then says the cats been sick and was cleaning it up, i thought he had been sick on the throw so all i said was leave it and i would clean the throw tomorrow..she went absolutely mental, so i walked out and was crying...a because she had yelled at me again for no reason and b because i was questioning if the cat was going to be o.k , dad went in and had a go at my mum, told her to leave me alone and he wasn't going to america with her...this morning, he got up, said hello to her and she had a go at him and said he should get his facts right...and refused to talk to him, i called her and said all i was trying to do was help and she had a go at me for no reason and dad was just sicking up for me...she turned round, said she didn't care, she was at work and hung up on me...my dads had enough and so have i

Could it be stress or depression Griff? Is this out of character for her? I was going to mention menopause but if your parents have been married nearly 40 years she's probably gone through that a while ago.

I'm trying to find a holiday cottage for New Year. It's not easy. We don't want to stray too far as the weather might be bad. Also as the days are short anyway we don't want to be sitting in the car for hours only to arrive in the dark. The ones we fancy are already booked or if they aren't then they are astronomically priced!

Things that come to mind re your mum Griff...pressure at work, or unpleasantness at work getting to her? Money worries..if not now, for the future? She must be getting towards retirement age (if they don't move the goalposts again) and the money they'll have when they retire might not be as much as she hoped for? Rather overdue midlife crisis...the thoughts that come to us all, well, certainly to me...is this it? all the things I'd planned to do and haven't, and now never will? That can get you down if you let it. She could even, much as I hate to suggest it, have decided that she and your dad really are just together through habit and she can't afford to start again on her own. I really do hate to suggest that one, but I did read the other day that what they call "silver divorcees", people aged over 60, are separating and divorcing in bigger numbers than ever before. Can you catch her on her own (and in a calm mood) and ask her to tell you if anything is troubling her, without getting upset or mad? Of course, it could be worrying about you that's getting to her, worry can make you bad tempered.

I don't know Yantan..there you are living in part of the country people want to go to and you want to get away from it! Have you ever considered house swaps? They are very popular apparently and you don't have to be living in a mansion.

Edited by suzeanna

I really don't know...i pulled her up on it a couple of months back and she was o.k for a week or so. They were supposed to be going on a big tour of America carribean cruise etc so no money worries and she deffo won't be worried about the future...it could be work i guess...have spoken to her since and she was fine with me

Suzeanna it's because we do live in a part of the country everyone wants to come to that we want to get away. New Year is murder here. You can't move for people and the feckin noise on NYE is truly awful. No we don't fancy a house swap, couldn't be doing with strangers in our house. When I had the holiday cottage I looked into swapping that for another holiday cottage but nothing came of it.

I think you could be right about Griff's mum worrying about her (Griff) I worry about her and I've never met her so dawg knows how her mum copes.

I would suggest the Peak District as there are some very quiet areas but if there was snow you could be stuck there for weeks!

Haha! We wouldn't mind getting stranded there because of snow but if it stopped us getting there in the first place then we'd be bummed! I always wanted to visit the Peak District until I read it gets the highest number of visitors of any of the national park. That put me off! It's bad enough here! We will come to visit one day though but probably after Archie's day. He doesn't like travelling very far in the car any more which is why I am looking in southern Scotland within a 2hr drive from here :)

Ooh look I see a patch of blue sky! Hurrah. We have had nowt but rain and grey skies for the last 2 plus weeks.

Lol Yantan...you don't need to worry about me...honest!!! at the moment i am A ok....i am happy and healthy!

I hope you find somewhere to go new year, completely different but i lived in Skeggy, was hell in holiday season...wasn't great out of season as everywhere closed but it just turns into muppet central, you want to go for a drink and have to put up with the drunken eejits brawling in the street

i was a coward....legged it to training to avoid sitting in an atmosphere...come home and all is good Yay!!! Had a rescue dog to train...OMG, i loooove him!!! he is so bright and friendly, a staffy cross

Edited by griff