UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

Morning all. Very wet here but the forecast is that the afternoon will be brighter.

I fostered a cat with a thyroid problem who was in a poor state when I got her. Her mum had dementia and often forgot to feed her or when she did it was often with the wrong or rotten food. I never managed to get much weight back on her but that was part of the thyroid problem anyway. She was 18 when she came to me and actually found a permanent home, a few months later, with a lovely lady who made it her mission to take in elderly cats. She had a lovely home there and lived another 3 or 4 years.

Archie went off with the dog walker this morning and had a lovely, if wet, walk along a circular trail on a nearby fell. He's sleeping it off now.

Awwww Owl, i am sorry to hear that the pigeon didn't make it

Lol...archie has a great life

Jazz, hope your tummy settles

Dex slept the whole night through with his night light!! i don't think it will be a permanent thing but he slept the night thats good! we have dealt with his thyroid before, we had to have his right hand side one removed and due to his age and then he would end up calcium deficient, not an option this time round

Poor pigeon! At least it got a chance Owl.

Awww Dex :heart:

Sitting here watching the birds come to the bird table is better than anything on telly. Crows have such a bad name but they daren't land to eat if the pigeons are about as they will see them off. The pigeons are backed up by the collared doves who come like to hang about to take advantage of the protection the pigeons give them. The crows also get a hard time from the little birds who all gang up on them. The little 'un's mob them and screech at them and it doesn't take much for the crows to fly off. Big bad crows indeed. What a bunch of pussies!

shes pulled a nail out which has got infected, and hurt her knee. so painkillers, ABs and £64 bill

they have quoted £600 to spay poppy (7kgs) and take out the 3 lumps. another vet has quoted £860! and that's vets 4 pets, the cheap one! im still ringing round

No tattoo....booooooo, martin didn't take my number and had to go to a funeral so will call me tomorrow to rebook..gutted

Oh no Jazz, that's a lot of dosh...i would leave it to the rescue..maybe if they call they could get a better rate??

ive even rung easypet care, who charge £110 to spay her, for the 3 lumps and that, £550!

ive told the rescue, ill let them think of something, or fundraise for the 600

While a spay is a known operation I do not see how a vet can quote to remove lumps without examining the dog and seeing exactly what is involved.

Murphy had three lumps removed a couple of year go and the charge was £120 - £10 cheaper than the quote.

• Like 1