UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

Good luck with it all today Jazz.

It's turned to winter here today.

We met a little Staffie girl today who had endured horrible abuse from her previous druggie owners. She is frightened of dogs but Archie worked a little of his magic on her and she did loose her wild eyed look and was able to stand within a couple of feet of him without shaking and wanting to run away. She loves her family who adopted her about 3 years ago and they love her right back.

• Like 1

Jazz, feel for you...i haven't been sleeping but for very different reasons...i wake in the middle of the night, can't get off again and then i do fall asleep again eventually at about 7am and get an hour and back up and feel awful Lol....today i slept until 10am after being awake most of the night...thank god for books Lol

Awwww hope things go o.k with the rehoming

We had extreme rain after a rather pleasant afternoon. I was so sorry for a cyclist that I stopped and offered her shelter in my car until it eased up, but she said she could not get any wetter and lived not far away.

Yet again I am Known to the Police. Reported a psycho on a quad bike, illegally on the reserve and then went on to main road with no plates. Going at tremendous speed, and definitely deranged as wearing a very long scarf flapping around close to the wheels. Hope they caught up with him.

• Like 1

I took the dogs out with my scooter and was a drowned rat when I got back. right down to my undies. they loved it though

fosters are still here. hope they don't draw blood till one goes. poppy is so lovely. I could easily keep her

no I don't, I don't need another dog

keep saying it and I might believe it

Awwww Owl, that was a really kind thing to do..stop and offer shelter to the cyclist. At least you are known to the police for a good reason and not for criminal activities Lol

Oh dear Jazz, hope they don't fight again

had an awful experience yesterday whilst out on our walk, 2 out of control Labs charged at deags...she was sooooooo scared she flattened herself to the floor growling, i had to pick her up, she was so scared she actually messed herself!! i was livid, the stupid cow who owns them can sauntering down the field...it took literally 5 minutes, me disabled, holding a dog who has pooped herself in terror not able to move because of her sodding dogs, she eventually gets them onlead so i just glared at her waiting for the apology...nothing!!! then i get the ..oh they are friendly they just want to say hello!! at this point i may have lost it but i did not swear!!! i basically told her my dog was terrified and if she couldn't control her dogs then they shouldn't be off the lead, we then proceeded to show her what training, time and effort can do Lol

Well done on both accounts Owl :flowers:

After being such a good boy with the scared Staffie the day before Archie disgraced himself yesterday morning. We were on our way to the park a little after 6am when a man and his Golden Retriever came around a corner just as we we were reaching it. Archie snapped at the poor dog and made a lot of noise although he never actually physically touched the other dog.

I was taken as much by surprise as the owner and his dog were. I stopped to apologise and ask if the chap's dog was OK and he was very frosty with me, which I can totally understand. It was most unlike Archie!

I came to the conclusion that, with his hearing loss and his sight not being great either, he hadn't seen or heard the dog until it passed him inches away and Archie just reacted through fear. I shall have to watch for that and told Holly the dog walker about it this morning, even though she nearly always drives the dogs to out of town walks. She is always telling me what a good boy Archie has been when she brings him back - and I want to keep it that way!

It's dry here so far but the sky is pretty grey. Well I've had me lunch break so back to work for me.