UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jingles

Jazz

Forgot to say, 2of my bloods have slightly improved and two have got worse lol....it's one of the crap Drs who looked at them and put down patient seen...he hasn't seen me, hasn't spoken to me about them, going back Thursday so will ask advice then

No news on the missing lamb, but the case is still open and may be connected with a spate of lamb thefts. Easier to nick one and raise it to sell on black market than raise them legally with all the work of lambing.

Luckily all the Trust's sheep are present and correct. They are in less accessible places which helps. All Herdwicks and Hebrideans, great for wool.

• Like 1

what a nice lady. nothing sinister was found. its what he said it was. a letter is going out today. although im having days with the runs, im to still have the laxitives. mmm yea. shes given me her direct number to ring with any problems. awwwww

apparently it was recently renovated and health and safety concerns were raised...such a horrific thing to happen. That plastic cladding stuff is a nightmare too..they have added it to several tower blocks here to tidy them up and yes they look nice and a lot better but not good in a fire

It's dreadful isn't it. I feel for all those caught up in it. The reports of people throwing kids out of windows in an attempt to save them really got to me. I thought they were re-running footage from 9/11 when I first turned the TV on

You have our Cumbrian Herdwicks on the reserve Owl - how fantastic. I love them. There is a firm who make carpets from Herdwick wool and they are supposed to be fabulous as the quality of the wool is so good. Also we have a cooperative of women in the county who spin the wool and make a range of things from it, popular both with locals and tourists alike.

Archie saw the vet this morning who really tested his joints and range of movements and nothing seemed to hurt or cause problems. The vet says he has fab muscle tone for his age. He thinks his limp is more likely due to soft tissue damage and/or ligament damage given his examination and that fact that Archie got better after a period of restricted walking. He doubts it's arthritis but without further investigation, involving an anaesthetic, he can't be 100% sure. We are only going to knock him out if absolutely necessary. He's back to restricted walking but can swim as much as he wants - the DW will be taking him for a dook tomorrow and Friday. Oh and he's back on the painkiller/anti inflam medicine.

There have been continuing concerns raised by the residents which have been ignored. Fire extinguishers were out of date. Also another block in London built at same time with same materials had a bad fire, I think in 2009.

I lived in next road to Latymer but that was just before those blocks were put up.

Yantan, my vet highly recommended Nutraquin + for Cleo who sometimes had a limp after her cruciate repair. She said some people were able to stop Metacam when using it and it doesn't have the potential side effects of anti inflammatories. It is not a prescription item but you can only buy it from a vet.

Cleo is fine at present on the turmeric golden paste but if it stops being effective I will look further into it.

Murphy is also on it as he had an intermittent slight shoulder roll - as a youngster he insisted on jumping down off higher ground in the garden onto stone chips and I think he damaged/strained his shoulder - but it does not recur now he is having the paste.

At 121/2 he decided to do it again the other day before anybody could stop him. Age doesn't bring sense

• Like 1

Thanks blackmagic. I did try Archie on turmeric golden paste but after getting him to take a few doses he just refused to take any more. I was putting it in smelly pilchards to disguise the taste & smell but he knew. I'll see about getting him some Nutraquin +. Is it easy to administer or to disguise the flavour if necessary?

Gosh Owl! Can you still picture the area from when you lived there? I hope they've got everyone sorted with a bed for the night. It seems to have really brought out the community spirit.

No Jazz, nutraquin is different, i saw no difference at all with Diesel on nutraquin apart from to my bank balance...i guess different things work for different dogs, i had her on glucosamine, chondroiton msm and boswellia...the boswellia is good, also there is coconut oil which i had her on, i also used a magnetic collar and an electromagnetic pulsed unit with her...that was expensive but worth every penny!

https://www.snowdenhealthcare.co.uk/medicur

she used to get the zoomies after using that Lol..if you had been near i would have loaned you one of mine but i don't want to put something that expensive in the post

That looks interesting, Griff. I just googled it and read some studies. I am wondering if it might help my chronic ankle problem, which is tendon and ligament damage.

I can remember my road in London but it will be very different now. It was just off Portobello Road, which was very much the centre of the hippy community. No idea whether it has gone up or down in the world, but would think up as it was old Victorian houses.