UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Jingles

Jazz

I haven't posted recently but have been reading.

I think you are going on holiday soon Yantan. Have a good one.

I hope things have settled down again for you Owl. You can only ignore people like that.

Still restricted by sciatica although it is very slowly improving but I am able to drive now, thank goodness as Jim still cannot drive due to the tablets he is on at present making him light headed and dizzy.. He has his op to remove one of his adrenal glands on 3 Jul so should be able to stop them after that. He really misses driving.

We have been having some warm weather so the garden has suddenly sprung into life. Unfortunately, that includes the weeds and the grass.

Neither of us are able to cut the grass at the moment but luckily one of our neighbours is cutting it for us. He has a summer job grass cutting to supplement his crofting income. However, it is growing faster than he is cutting it at the moment!

My son has just told me that my 5 year old grandson has accidently ordered books on his mother's kindle. One of them is Dummy. The Comedy and Chaos of Real Life Parenting. Quite appropriate.

hahahaha Blackmagic, that is hilarious about your grandson!!! Kids are so damn clever nowadays

Hope you feel better soon Jazz

been to the Drs and picked up my blood results, they were worse than i was expecting...quite a shock really, i don't feel too bad which is odd as i am supposed to have an infection somewhere. Got another shock too, i thought the consultant was o.k with my pulse being high it's 120 and above constantly...i got the impression all was fine but he has written to my gp requesting that it gets investigated further so more tests, did get a letter about my scan on my foot, going on 22nd but need to be there at 10am so will be up at about 5am

Griff, when I ended up on the critical cardiac ward after my first attempt at an op failed because my heart was too fast and hopping around, they said the rate had to be 80 or less before they'd let me out, so I can see why your 120 is a worry for the medics. I'm surprised they aren't hurrying to investigate.

Sciatica is a nightmare, blackmagic, glad yours is retreating at last. I started mowing the lawn today but there was a sudden bang and the mower stopped, a previous repair in the lead has pulled apart I think.

OH has been in the wars..Sunday afternoon his eye suddenly started watering really badly (not his operated on eye, thank heavens) and the next day he looked as if he'd been punched it was so swollen. On Tuesday I told him he should go to A&E ...four hours later he was seen and referred to the eye clinic for 2pm. The doctor he saw there said it's a corneal inflammation, possibly bacterial...eye drops every two hours, cream four times a day and go back the next day. Yesterday doc said there was a slight improvement, cut back the drops to four times a day and see him again in a week. Philip has gone to work, but says it's a bit of a struggle as the cream makes his vision blurry. Poor guy, it's one thing after another for his eyes at the moment! I go back to the lymphedema clinic tomorrow, no doubt she'll mutter because I haven't been wearing the sleeve but I honestly think it's the wrong size and I'm not risking doing more harm than good.

Suzeanna, just tell the lady you find it really uncomfortable and is it possible to try the next size up...if she says no then say o.k, i will set myself a target of wearing it for an hour a day and incrase by 10 minutes every other day...in my opinion some wearing of it is better than none!

Oh...didn't realise it was something to be worried about....it has been like it for ages as a nurse at the hospital mentioned it yonks ago but she didn't seem bothered and nor was i Lol, it was only when i have been checking my blood pressure for my meds review that my gp picked it up (i don't bother checking my blood pressure usually), i have several episodes of arithymia, had my holter done last year and that was picked up and i do feel it quite often..i was just pleased they found i had a heart Lol

Here you all are! I was still posting in May's thread - duh, then I realised we were in June.

Some people are having rotten bad luck in the health department so I wish all of you/them better times ahead.

Off to Norfolk today on holiday so catch you all later. I will be checking in from time to time to see how you are all doing.

I love Norfolk, nearly moved there years ago

ooo im fostering 2 yorkies from the 10th. poor family, hes got to have brain surgery, and shes broken her foot, so im going to have them while they recover

That's good that you can help these people, Jazz.

Have a great holiday, Yantan.

We spent yesterday tracking a recently retired Army dog who has taken to the woods and decided to be an outlaw in Sherwood forest. This is a major challenge as she will be 10 times smarter than the average dog n the run, and has a completely different mindset.

Lol...why do i now have the vision of a dog dressed as robin hood?? lol

Awwww Jazz, i am sure the family will be relieved to know their dogs are being well looked after....that's the only thing i fret about when i get bad...the dogs and cat and what the heck my dad is feeding them and teaching them bad habits Lol

• Like 1

they had tried different places, no joy, but got my friends number, who thought of me. if I couldn't help they were close to giving them away, but they are their babies so they didn't want to but no choice. they are doing a doggy food shop and having it delivered here. they are tiny yorkies, coming for 8 weeks. how much do they eat? lol

the doctor is ringing. haven't kept food in since wednesday

Good for you Alicia taking in the Yorkies. I don't think they eat much but they'll probably prove me wrong.

Owl I hope the missing dog in Sherwood forest gives herself up very soon.

I am lying in my bed in our beach house listening to the waves breaking on the shore not 30 yds away. Tis bliss.

We had a nightmare journey down though and it took 8-and-a-half hours. We'd just crossed into Norfolk when the heavens opened. We had to pull off the road at one point because visibility was so bad. There were mini rivers running down the road!

We got to the beach house and were delighted to find out just how well appointed it is. HOWEVER! The lovely sandy beach right there in front of us does not allow dogs on it between May and September!!!! We do think the rental agency could have given us a heads up on this especially as we declared we were bringing a dog and paid extra for him. The saving grace is that the garden, mostly laid to grass, is fully fenced in and Archie loves it. At least we can sit out there and look at the beach we can't take him on. Fortunately there are some dog friendly ones with no restrictions not too far away so if the weather perks up we'll just pack the car with buckets and spades, the windbreak and a pic-nic and off we go.

The house owners left us a plate full of delicious home-made scones, home-made jam, a filled biscuit barrel, a bottle of prosseco (is that how you spell it?) milk in the fridge, an amazing assortment of teas, pods for the coffee machine, ice lollies and a box of Cornettos in the freezer. Never been this well provided for before!

Right I must try and get some shut eye otherwise I will be too tired to laze about tomorrow.

• Like 1