UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mays Manic Mutterings

Jazz

when whatsapp went down the other week i seriously didn't know what to do with myself Lol...wrong...so very wrong!! wen my dad asks one of those questions that would bug the heck out of me, i just grab my phone and google...no more waking up in the middle of the night with the answer Lol

awww bless little Archie...he has an awesome social life doesn't he?

• Like 1

Griff yes Archie does have a great social life. He has made so many doggy friends since starting with the dog walker too, which is why we still have the DW 2 days a week so he gets to see them.

I've just ordered him some of his favourite wet food to take on holiday - Nature's Menu Country Hunter. We go 2 weeks tomorrow. I've probably just put the kibosh on it being sunny by adding some sun lotion to my Superdrug order :rolleyes:

Ruby is in Vienna with work and she's playing hell because she can't get a cup of tea. The only tea available seems to be Earl Grey and she hates that. She also hates coffee so is stuck with water and fruit juice.

Last day of TPD bargain hunting today - I have spent a small fortune in the past 3 weeks after midnight tonight the new law comes into effect and you can't get decent sized eliquid tanks or non complaint (new regs) eliquid anymore. Loads of flavours will disappear forever, and vaping is going to get more expensive for new vapers. Thankfully I have 2 litres of nicotine in the freezer which is enough to make my own for about 6 years, and I've stocked up on my tanks and coils. Vendors are currently selling off juice at bargainous prices so I've bought litres of ready made so called "premium" juice at rock bottom prices which will mean my nicotine stocks will last even longer.

Griff we are going to Norfolk and have rented a bungalow on the coast, just open the garden gate and the beach and sea are right there.

Snow nice to see you! How are you? I am pleased that you have managed to stock up but most of what you said has gone right over my head :oneeyed02:

Archie has gone for a walk down by the lake with the DW so there will be lots of chances to do paddling and swimming. It's lovely and quiet here. We always get a lull between Easter and Whit. Mind you it will be bedlam the week after next.

edited coz I spelt quiet as quite - doh.

Edited by Yantan

I love Norfolk

it went over my head too lol

the shrink has dismissed me from his clinic, as im back to fostering dogs and feeling happier

had my blood test for next weeks tests, so in for the day as its freezing and wet out

Oh its lovely here - I've been out and back for my mammogram this morning and it was already quite warm at 9am. Hoping it stays dry at least next week when I'm on holiday - it won't matter too much for some of the things we have planned which are indoors but we're spending a day at Monkey World (I'm really excited about it!) and that will be mainly outside.

The law is changing at midnight about eigs and vaping, sadly big tobacco lobbied the EU and they passed a set of laws and regulations which will very seriously affect anyone who wants to quit smoking and start vaping. Its a flawed stupid law which has absolutely no foundation other than to protect the tobacco companies who were losing revenue as more and more people world wide quit cigarettes and took up vaping. Currently you can buy e-liquid in large bottles but as of midnight you will only be allowed to buy in 10ml size bottles (think the size of a bottle of food flavouring) you'll also be restricted in how much nicotine they can contain. You'll no longer be able to buy 72mg strength nicotine which is what I have in litre bottles you'll be restricted to 20mg strength in 10ml bottles as you can imagine thats going to put the price up considerably. They've also decided to make an arbitrary tank size of 2ml whereas all mine are 5ml - this means people will be walking around with bottles of eliquid to keep topping up throughout the day - makes no sense at ALL. They also decided that every single flavour has to be licensed and set a ridiculous fee so small producers have had to drastically cut back on the wide range of flavours they have had available as they simply cannot afford the license fees. So the sales are for those juices that won't be made any more and those who were made before the regs came in but are in larger sized bottles. I'll be OK as I said I have my tanks and nicotine all stocked up but new vapers won't have the same wide range of options that I had when I quit smoking.

Thanks for the explanation Snow. Is vaping a safer option than cigarettes? You will LOVE Monkey World! We've been a couple of times and were there last year at the same time you will be this year (if that makes sense?) Say hello to Hananya and Oshine for us. They are our adopted chimp and orangutan. Just a word to the wise - although they have a couple of eateries in the park they are very much of the burger & chips type so if you aren't into fast food then they have plenty of pic-nic benches dotted around if you take your own food, The ice cream they sell is fab.

Jazz glad to hear you are in a happier place :flowers:

I went to monkey world when jim the owner was still alive. he was lovely, talking to everyone, but Alison wouldn't talk to anyone. mike, Jeremy and john the vet was there though, don't know how they got any work done as they had to stop every 2 steps to have a picture taken lol

Thanks for the explanation Snow. Is vaping a safer option than cigarettes? You will LOVE Monkey World! We've been a couple of times and were there last year at the same time you will be this year (if that makes sense?) Say hello to Hananya and Oshine for us. They are our adopted chimp and orangutan. Just a word to the wise - although they have a couple of eateries in the park they are very much of the burger & chips type so if you aren't into fast food then they have plenty of pic-nic benches dotted around if you take your own food, The ice cream they sell is fab.

Jazz glad to hear you are in a happier place :flowers:

Yeah much much safer than smoking Marian in fact Public Health England are promoting vaping in a big way as are Cancer Research and even ASH!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review- thats from the Government - 95% LESS harmful than cigs

An expert independent evidence review published today by Public Health England (PHE) concludes that e-cigarettes are significantly less harmful to health than tobacco and have the potential to help smokers quit smoking.

Key findings of the review include:

the current best estimate is that e-cigarettes are around 95% less harmful than smoking

nearly half the population (44.8%) don’t realise e-cigarettes are much less harmful than smoking

there is no evidence so far that e-cigarettes are acting as a route into smoking for children or non-smokers

The review, commissioned by PHE and led by Professor Ann McNeill (King’s College London) and Professor Peter Hajek (Queen Mary University of London), suggests that e-cigarettes may be contributing to falling smoking rates among adults and young people. Following the review PHE has published a paper on the implications of the evidence for policy and practice.

The comprehensive review of the evidence finds that almost all of the 2.6 million adults using e-cigarettes in Great Britain are current or ex-smokers, most of whom are using the devices to help them quit smoking or to prevent them going back to cigarettes. It also provides reassurance that very few adults and young people who have never smoked are becoming regular e-cigarette users (less than 1% in each group).

However, the review raises concerns that increasing numbers of people think e-cigarettes are equally or more harmful than smoking (22.1% in 2015, up from 8.1% in 2013: ASH Smokefree GB survey) or don’t know (22.7% in 2015, ASH Smokefree GB survey).

Despite this trend all current evidence finds that e-cigarettes carry a fraction of the risk of smoking.

Public Health England are also backing a new campaign for employers to allow vaping at work.

I've never noticed anyone using one. Given the figures showing it's a hell of a lot safer it's crazy that tobacco lobby have been allowed to influence the EU like that. We won't need to stand by that legislation though when we leave the EU, providing the British govt. don't decide to enshrine it in British law.

I've just tried to drill holes in the new wall to put up a "please shut the gate" sign. Cheesus the stone is hard. I used a masonry bit and put the drill on the "hammer" setting. First off it wouldn't bite so it kicked off to the side so I have made a lovely gash in the stone :banghead: :rolleyes: Then I got it going but couldn't get enough force behind the drill to keep pushing. I breathed in the dust & brought on an asthma attack and now my arms are tingling with the vibration and my already sore shoulder is complaining very loudly. I wish now I'd just asked the builders to put the sign up for me when they had their drill out putting up the wooden side fence. It sucks to be old. I could do this stuff no bother when I was younger.

Yantan, can you position the sign so it covers the gash?

Went for my session of manual lymphatic drainage this morning and she showed me the simple version to do myself. Do it twice a day and go back next Friday when she can show me how to put on the dreaded sleeve.