UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mays Manic Mutterings

Jazz

Yantan...you can get a product called sticks like sh*t....like no more nails but better, glue the b*gger on Lol

Vaping isn't allowed in the legion where i go...nobody seems to mind but they do have a heated smoking shelter

Suzeanna, i hope the sleeve will be o.k

Jazz, hope your test go well next week

Just been round to my neighbours to give her her mail and keys...she was so appreciative, especially as her bro in law was supposed to go round each week and never went once!! she has given me some singaporan coffee, a box of chocs, a snoopy tshirt and a bottle of calvin klein perfume!!! too much

• Like 1

Suzeanna we might be able to cover the gouge in the stone but it's got an uneven surface so it may not be possible to ensure the sign fits tight and wouldn't break whilst being screwed into place. The spot I chose was the flattest part. Good luck getting the sleeve fitted. I hope it's not too uncomfortable.

Griff I was wondering about that Gorilla glue but, as above, I don't think there would be enough contact twixt the sign and the wall. I'll ask my brother to sort it for me but no doubt that will mean waiting a loooooooooooooooooong time for him to get round to it.

That was very generous of your neighbour, shows how grateful she felt so take it as a compliment.

• Like 1

Vaping sounds very complicated, but it would have saved a lot of people's health if it had been invented sooner. Also would have made my life much better, as migraines gave me a bad time for many years. No one realised that the trigger was nicotine smoke. It was bad enough at school with staff smoking, but when I got to uni the students were smoking as well and the air in lecture rooms was like a public bar.

Had a breakthrough last night with the collie and lamb on the run. Very fresh scent, both dogs bouncing with excitement.

• Like 1

oooooooo Owl, i do hope they are found soon...nice to know they are surviving though

Suzeanna, i know you asked the nurse about fake tan and she said no, i wonder would the bodyshop bronzer be o.k? there stuff is kinder than normal stuff isn't it? i should have a bottle that has been used once somewhere if you wanted to try...let me know and i can have a look for it for you

Today I assembled a garden polytunnel

https://www.qdstores.co.uk/products/poly-tunnel.html

Managed fairly well except that the instructions had one vital step missed out. But I managed to work out what to do. Thought I would have it done by end of day, but it needs 2 people to get the close fitting cover over it. Neighbours are kind and lend me a hand when I need, but they all went out for the day, and this evening it started raining. Hope to get it sorted tomorrow.

I hope you get your polytunnel finished today Owl. By the way - nicotine smoke also triggers my migraine.

I've ordered some Gorilla glue too stick the "please shut t'yat" sign to the wall. We'll see if it lives up to it's claims! We really do need to have it in place as twice yesterday the gate (t'yat) was left ajar. It's not so much the worry of Archie getting out but there are so many idiotic owners here who walk their dogs off-lead there's always the chance of one of them darting into our garden. If I happened to let Archie out at just the wrong time he would take no prisoners!

Another grey, wet day here. What happened to the sun?

Went to Leics to track a little pup who was missing 5 days without trace. We started tracking and next thing a cyclist had spotted him. He hid from her but came out for his people. So went for a nice walk on Breedon Hill then came home. Been resting but had better get moving and ask neighbour to help me with polytunnel cover.

Awww Owl, congrats on finding the pup and pleased neighbour helped with the poly tunnel

Hi Jazz

Mum rung Steves house last night to say he'd not been in touch about where/when he wanted to pay the money, she has informed him that if he pays late she is starting legal proceedings against him to get the car back. I just don't get how people can live with themselves...all i can say is i truly hope there is karma out there, but wondering why i keep getting all this crap in my life..i thought i was a nice person..obviously not!!

You are nice, just too nice to realise how nasty some other people can be! Thanks for your offer about the fake tan, I'll just stay pale I think. Keep reading about how hot the sleeves are, and now they say there's going to be a heatwave. Think I'll move into a freezer at tesco!

• Like 2