UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

I've tried root beer and I thought it was awful.

Well Ruby decided to clean the cooker using the steam cleaner yesterday. She only bloomin' went and fused the whole house! We managed to isolate the cooker from the rest of the electricity supply so everything is working - bar the cooker. Fortunately it's duel fuel so we still have the gas hob in use otherwise we'd be a creek without a paddle but can I find an electrician in town who answers a phone? Can I heck!

Another lovely day here. I have the front door open, fly screen up, Archie's mats & dish of water are set out in the garden so he can come and go as he pleases so I don't need to be getting up and down 93782943 times a day to let him out and let him in.

Had the awful news yesterday that my friends fella was killed on his motorbike, i met my Steve and shortly after she met her Steve, i gave her a nudge as he was a lot older than her and she wasn't sure what to do...i said as long as he was good to her, made her happy and looked after her then it didn't matter what anyone thought...she is devastated, she should have been on the back of the bike and she says she wishes she was...i am so upset

No Yantan, you don't. We had both been very hurt by men in the past, i took my leap and she followed suit Lol she was so very very happy and i just hope she is going to be o.k, she is such a sweet kind girl and i just wish i could take her pain away

Edited by griff

what a shame. you have to enjoy every minute of life ((())))

fell against the door frame and hurt both arms. good job it wasn't onto the floor though. I was only laughing yesterday, shadow the GSD was good for helping me off the floor, but no good merlin the yorkie trying to help lol

My plumber nephew texted me the number of an electrician he's worked with before that he said he'd happily recommend. Rang the sparky and he answered! He's calling sometime before finishing time today, fingers crossed. It's not what you know, it's who you know :biggrin:

Oh Griff, your poor friend, how absolutely awful. Nothing anyone can say is going to make any difference to her at the moment, but at least if she knows you are there if she needs you it will be a help.

I've had a busy morning on the phone. Philip got a letter on Saturday from the Hallamshire saying could he please contact them, as per their previous letter, to make an appointment for his pre op consultation.What previous letter? We never had one! Anyway he rang this morning and he has to go in on the 7th April for the pre assessment thingy. One little snag, he needs someone with him because of the eye drops and I had a haematology appointment on that day. Phoned them, managed to get that appointment changed to this Friday. I'd already booked for a blood test two days before the original appointment, so I had to ring them and change that to this Wednesday instead. My seroma is filling up nicely again, and although they said oh ring and we can drain it anytime, I rang and actually no they can't due to clinic being full. They've said come at 12.30 on Friday and I may have to just sit and wait. Haemo appt is 11 and they are always always late, so hopefully I'll be done there in time to belt down to Mammography for 12.30. Of course they are a good distance away from each other.

OH is doing strange hours this week and he's training on a new account coming in, he's going in from 4.30 until 10 today and tomorrow, Wednesday off, then he can do the evening again the next two days if he feels he needs extra time, or go on his ordinary shift. We had to have our main meal at 2, seemed very odd as we normally eat in the evening.

Suzeanna I am sorry things have turned so complicated for you both re: your appointments. I hope the timings all work out OK.

Electrician texted me to let me know he's running later than expected but should be here by 4.30. I am just amazed to be kept up to date. If he manages to sort us out AND not charge the earth we'll use him again as we have building/electrical works in the pipeline.

And yes I know I said "no more" after the kitchen/bathroom extension but well ... that was back in 07/08 and I know I did say a FINAL "no more" after we had a new concrete floor, ceiling replaced and walls replastered in the sitting room back in 2013 but we keep finding things to do!