UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Marches Manic Mantras

Jazz

How are you today Suzeanna?

We've scored a fab freebie. We've been planning on replacing our front garden wall for ages but after getting estimates for a wall built in fancy stone we'd reluctantly decided to go with the very much cheaper alternative of a brick dashed low wall with railings on top.

So last week Ruby was at the old factory site when she spotted that a surrounding lakeland grey slate wall had been demolished and found the slate was just sitting waiting for disposal. When she asked she was told she could have it for nothing providing she got it carted away this week. I rang our builders and arranged for them to get on the site to remove it today.

They couldn't believe that we had made such a great score on free stone and kept saying "what a find" whilst they were unloading here. There is far more than we need - they reckon there was 10 tons of it - so I told them to take as much as they were inclined to load and unload as the new site owners just wanted rid of it.

The builders tell me it's of the best quality and if we'd had to pay for our share we'd have had to spring about £1500 for it!!

So I am sitting here chuffed as a chuff thing in chuff land :smug-1:

• Like 3

That's fantastic Yantan, bargain of the century by the sound of it! You'll have to put up photos when it's all done so we can admire it (and be jealous!).

I'm doing ok pain wise, but today I feel absolutely exhausted. Philip says I've been running on adrenalin and now it's run out, and I think he's probably right. I may have over done things a teensy bit yesterday, just hanging out washing and hoovering, nothing drastic, but possibly too much too soon.

I was looking back at the lists of people who joined the Refuge when it started, and realising how very small our numbers are now..Snow rarely pops in, although she is on FB, and Alex seems to have left the planet, hope she's ok.

Will do Suzeanna re: the wall. Now don't go overdoing things. That sounds like you did far too much yesterday! Let your body heal woman :GroupHug:

Yes we are only a very few in number these days. It's quite sad really as it this used to be such a community. It's good of Rick to keep it online all things considering. Yes I was wondering what had happened to Alex. She did pop in not too long ago but disappeared again. I hope all is well with her. I miss our Snowy one too. There are lots of people from here that I miss too and have no idea what they are up to or how their pets are but I'll be buggered if I go back to Facebook. I hate it with a passion!

i've just sent Alex an email asking if she is o.k

Yanatan...that is awesome about the wall...well done you

Suzeanna, for goodness sakes woman!!! will you sit down and bloody rest! take a few days to recover, you'll regret it in the long run if you don't...end of lecture Lol

hiya snow! where have you been? what have you been up to?

there is a gorgeous dog looking like jerry, but with 2 eyes, needing a home

I don't want another dog, I don't need another dog

Have been all over the place lol I'm working extra hours at the moment, plus we had Nick staying for a couple of weekends for the rugby then they all came down last weekend so he could go to the rugby with Barita and then he and Vicky went off to that there London for a few days as Vicky's b'day treat so Nana & Grampy had Owen (and Bruno) allllll to themselves for a couple of days so we were either out and about with him trying to wear him out (not possible!) or we were at home trying to keep him amused. And I have to hold my hands up and admit to being an April the giraffe addict so I've been watching the web cam for what seems like forflippingever! I also had a bout of cantbearseditis and fatigue so I was coming home from work eating lunch and falling asleep in the chair all afternoon at the same time my arthritis seemed to suddenly get a zillion times worse - apparently its a "flare" which can happen from time to time and the fatigue is all part of it, thankfully its fecked off back where it came from and I feel really rather well at the moment lets hope that lasts for a while.

How's everyone else been?