UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Januarys Jazzy Jests

Jazz

Jazz - cataracts don't go away on their own. I suspect that since you were tested at a high street practice last time, they have better equipment to check the health of your eye than home visiting opticians. I used to do home visits and the extent at which you can check the health of the eye is so restricted compared to what you get when you are in normal practice. The chances are the cataract is still there, they just can't see early stage ones with portable equipment.

there arnt many with ground floor rooms. ill wait for my diabetis to be sorted then go into it again as they could have changed again. thank you xx

ive got the dentist t 3 'pull it out' thoughts please as I cant eat, drink or sleep well with this ruddy tooth. ta

My aunt, who is 83, had to have her elderly cat, Charlie, pts last week. Then her rescue dog, Joss, was taken ill at the weekend. My aunt put it down to him scarfing down something he found when they were out walking but, just to make sure, she took him to the vet yesterday morning. During the examination the vet found a suspicious lump & booked Joss in for a scan at their HQ today. They found a large cancerous mass which was inoperable. My aunt chose to let him go to the Bridge tonight.

So it's been a terrible time for her. She still has our friend's Border terrier, who she took in last year, when our friend moved to a nursing home in Cornwall to be near her son & his family. She's always been a second mum to little Sophie from the very off as she offered to be a back-up in case anything happened to our elderly friend. Sophie is now 11. I just hope nothing happens to her.

By the way Sophie has a weekly Skype session with her original mum, which our friend very much looks forward too. She'll be 97 in March.

I'm off to the dentist in the morning for the first of 4 appointments to get a denture made. It's not a full one just one to fill the gap left by having to have 2 back molars out due to an abcess. Dunno how I will get on with it once its ready. It's not a bridge. Has anyone else have experience with such a thing?

How's everyone else and their furries doing?

That is so sad, Yantan. Very hard both on your aunt and little Sophie. It is sweet that she goes on Skype with her mum.

I have a partial plate and do ok with it. Depends on how good the dentist is who makes the plate. My first one was a disaster but the recent one has been brilliant.

Wispa is fed up with me as I have been out too much without her. MOT yesterday, failed. Work done today, passed :)

• Like 1

We are ok. Blue has gone out on pretty much full loan over the last 10 days. I just haven't had the time to devote to him since starting working in Wakefield. There is a girl on our yard with a young Welsh pony, her pony is naughty and has thrown her off a few times, so her mum wanted a more dependable pony for her to ride. In return for Grace riding Blue, they are doing his jobs every day and paying for his hay. I pop up a couple of times a week to see him :) it's a win win situation for all of us :) Blue is getting love and attention every day and I have more time. Walter and Jessie had the vet on Saturday for their injections. The vet was really happy with them and laughed when he read the notes from the vet last year about the fact Walter likes food and is a bit greedy :laugh: They have both stayed at the same weight, so he was pleased.

Getting my wire changed on my brace on Thursday. Not looking forward to that as my teeth are painful for a few days afterwards :(

Hope you get on ok at the dentist Marion :)

Sad news about pets crossing over to the bridge :(

• Like 1

so sad to hear about the cat and dog run free at the bridge.

Cliffy is fine except his sight is failing fast but he is still pretty active and full of beans.

Arm looks like I self harm due to the ministrations of kitten launching herself at it in an attempt to 'kill' it before then falling asleep upside on me purring away to herself

It's good to hear Cliffy is still living it large! Archie is too although there are signs of ageing too.

Well the dentist couldn't take an impression because none of the "standard" rubbery things they use to lay over the teeth to take the impression would fit my teeth! He took roughish impressions of my upper and lower teeth and will have the techie people make me a custom rubbery thing (I am sure they have a much better name than that!) so that he can get a good impression next week. It has to be spot on.

I am appearing here courtesy of my new laptop. Yay!

It's good you have someone riding Blue and otherwise looking after him Jayne. He's not sulky with you is he when you go to visit?