UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Januarys Jazzy Jests

Jazz

it seems all these years of tests, in and out of hospital ..... I haven't got COPD, asthma or emphasema, nothing wrong with me. I need to breathe deeper and lose weight. I said ive lost nearly 2 stone and still feel bad, he said to lose more weight. answer to why im coughing all the time and lung pain, just breathe deeper.

is this so when I have to apply for the new benefit, im not automatically entitled?

Jazz, if you aren't happy, ask for a second opinion. If they have diagnosed you as copd and you have been treated for it then look into putting in a claim as they have misdiagnosed and mistreated you for years in that case...not something i would usually advocate suing the nhs but they can't just suddenly change their mind and decide there is nothing wrong. Not sure if you could afford to or not but you can apply for a copy of your hospital notes, mine cost me £50 and there are shed loads of them...you will be asked if you are thinking of suing...i wasn't so got mine no bother but it did make for interesting reading for me as i found out i should never have been operated on and that what was being said to my face was not always what was written down...did make me angry but i did at least find out what condition i had...nobody had thought to write and tell my gp Lol. You should be able to get the form online and you just need someone who has known you for 2 years i think to sign the form...they will get a phone call to check they are genuine, you usually get the records within 2 weeks and you have to collect from the hospital or pay a fee for delivery i think, you should then be able to see who diagnosed you and how they came up with that....there are boxes to tick and you can just have the notes or you can have copies of every test you have had....blood, urine, xray, ct, mri, the xray is only available from when the xrays process went digitalised...i thought beings as i was paying, i was getting my moneys worth Lol.

If you can't afford it, ask your gp to look back to when you were first diagnosed, they should have the letter on their computer system and my gps are really good at printing stuff out for me and letting me read the letters on screen...hopefully yours will be too

I have to wait 2 weeks for the GP to get the letter from the hospital, then ill ask what the hells going on and for a second opinion. your right, they cant change their mind after years of tests and treatment. im down to 10 stone, lost nearly 2 stone, how much more does he want me to lose to help a condition he says I haven't got? didn't like him lol

thank you for your advice. I will be asking for my notes

Your welcome, I had 3years being told there was nothing up with me, it was in my head, then i found out I should never have been operated on and got diagnosed by a chap at a hospital in Oswestry 3 minutes after he met me...he knew when he shook my hand. Hopefully your Dr can shed some light on things

Suzeanna, i am hoping today has gone well and your blood pressure wasn't too high and that you also managed without too much discomfort

Jazz, maybe they have some new target to meet or something? who knows what goes on but i have come to the conclusion that some people really shouldn't be Drs...they just don't seem to have the compassion for it, it is like when i asked my consultant after my op failed would i still make it into the army in his opinion..he said i couldn't walk, let alone run and the only i would make it would be as a nurse...i cracked up and my mum was proper crying, i am the least caring person to humans known to mankind...give me an animal, i am fine, ask me to care for a human and i lose my temper with them Lol

I did a good jack in the box impression, had to keep getting up and walking around! I've been weighed (arghh) measured, ECG, blood pressure taken and bloods. Blood pressure was high but she didn't seem concerned. I saw the consultant I saw for my diagnosis, not the one who is going to actually do the op as she had a private patient who had to be brought back in. We had a laugh together, she said I'm the most well informed patient she's had and although she is doing her job and duty by telling me what follow up procedures she thinks are necessary, she's happy that I know my own mind and if I choose to ignore it, then fair enough. I was hoping to get away with an axillary dissection rather than a clearance but she explained why I can't and although I'm not happy about it, I've signed the consent form. The staff nurse who went through all the admission stuff with me remembered me from the time before and when I asked her did they get many women coming back, she said oh yes. Even after chemo, rads, tamoxifen etc? Yes. Soooo, maybe I'm not so awkward after all.

Yantan, I was out just over three hours, and although I don't know about noise as we didn't leave a camera up, there was one tiny bit of scrabble evidence by the kitchen door, sitting room was fine. Candy was so excited to see me though, she wailed and yapped for about five minutes bless her. Thanks for all the good thoughts ladies x

• Like 3

Jazz, if your chest pains are caused by being overweight and not breathing deeply enough, how come I am nearly 2 stone heavier than you with a tendency not to breathe deeply enough and can do 5 miles at Wispa's forced march pace? Plus I am a fair bit older.

• Like 1