UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Jawing Jollily

Jazz

its cat food but lasts till 2018

the treats are for kittens and cats

the lady will give them different food so they arnt fussy. wont get the chance to be here lol

ive got a rash under my boobs and the skins coming off oouucchhhh

I had no idea what brand to get when I went to get Walter and Jessie's first lot of food. Royal Canin was on offer, so I got some of that. I tried swapping them over to a holistic/organic food that P@H did, but Walter went on hunger strike :laugh: I have also tried them on Whiskers - that gave them the runs. So I've given up and am sticking with Royal Canin. It suits their tummies and Walter loves it.

My little darlings used to go mad for one brand of food and I then, usually after I'd just stocked up on it, they'd decide they didn't like it! I used to vary their diet by giving them cooked chicken from time to time, raw liver warmed up to mouse temperature but not too often as too much is bad for them, prawns, O.M.G they went mad for those, pilchards in tomato sauce & a little cheese now and again amongst other stuff I have forgotten about. All my cats came from bad situations and many of them had been starved so I wanted to make it up to them and show them not all humans are horrible cruel creatures.

Our Dex got put on a diet by the vet for his skin, the vets then started selling hills so we switched him over......his skin flared up again so back to the royal canin, we give him that with applaws now, he seems happy enough with that set up

I'm feeling really guilty about Rosie. She'd slowed down a lot, both in walking and wanting to play, and generally got a lot quieter. We'd put it down to getting older, as cavs are notorious for getting lazy as they age. Now she's on the heart tablets, she's dropped about four years! Back to being her lively gobby self (we did appreciate the quieter bit, she's always been very vocal) and I'm wondering how long her heart was playing up before the symptoms became overwhelming. When she had her booster and check up last year he did say she had a stonking heart murmur but it didn't require treatment, so any time from then on, I suppose. Some of her behaviour we put down to her losing her best mate Dylan, but perhaps it was more than that. I'm kicking myself, we could have lost her through not being on the ball, I should have known better.

Suzeanna I wouldn't beat yourself up :flowers: When you see your dog every day you often don't always notice changes and when you do it's very easy to put it down to other things, like missing Dylan. We've all done it I am sure.

And you can go the other way. 2 or 3 years back one of the vet's at our practice told us Archie had a heart murmur. Not a bad one but, given his age, we slowed him down, stopped him doing his agility, didn't walk him quite as far, didn't encourage his silly and very energetic play quite as much. Then the following year at his annual MOT a more senior vet told us that he categorically did not have a heart murmur. We felt awful having put the brakes on his activities which he loved so much. We just let him get on with it now. No one has told him he's 13 so he acts like a puppy and long may it continue :jammin:

• Like 3

Don't beat yourself up Suzeanna - sometimes these changes happen really gradually. If they are getting on a bit as well, you would put the changes down to old age.

Moved on to Gili T now. Apparently it's a tropical Ibiza - already seen plenty of signs offering magic mushrooms and spliffs :shock: One place even had a magic mushroom milkshake! I've lived such a sheltered life :laugh: I wasn't going to dive again, but since everyone here is hell bent on getting high and drunk, and that isn't really my thing, I've booked a dive for tomorrow morning :)

• Like 1

good job im stalking the admissions lady at the hospital. rung up to see where the pre op check is, its Monday, but haven't had the letter. looks like I wont get a cancellation for Friday, can still hope someone takes ill lol

Suzeanna, don't feel bad...we all miss things with our pets......every single one of us, ain't none of us perfect, point is, you have her sorted out and she is loving life

Jayne, don't blame you for going diving...that isn't my thing either

Jazz, still crossed everything for a cancellation for you

Just been to town and ran into Steve,had a bit of a chat and then he drove my bus back...he does make me smile