UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

my son went on the Norway cruise 2 weeks ago

I tried the skullcap and valarean pills for honey, but they arnt they type you can break up, so she spat them out. ill go broke finding something that works to calm her down so she can be groomed, or just her eyes cleaned

Afternoon. I've had a day off today so haven't done an awful lot. I took Timmy to the vet for one final blood test before his bone marrow biopsy. Meant to go to the doctors to pick up a prescription but forgot, so had to go out again. Have just eaten crap and conked out on the sofa for about 3 hours. Just changed the bed and opened the window in the bedroom to get some fresh air in there. I have a ton of gardening to do this weekend but thought I'd just have a nothing day today and start on that tomorrow. Weather hasn't been great - very overcast but sun has come out now. Washing on the line as my stupid tumble dryer, which I've had less than six months, decided to develop a fault. For anybody thinking of buying a Hotpoint Aqualtis - I wouldn't bother. It takes up to 4 hours to dry a load of towels, whereas my previous bog standard one (also a Hotpoint) did it in an hour and a half. I'm going to get it fixed and then get rid and get another bog standard one again.

suzeanna - I hope it's the least worst option.

Hope you get good blood results for young Timmy and that your tumble drier is mended soon

Yantan, that is good service

Nice to hear that doggies are enjoying the warm weather and making full use of the gardens

no work on the bathroom today...knew this would happen, well he needs to make up the time now Lol

Hope your dryer is mended soon. My dryer is one of the ones affected by the recall, just after I had booked the modification in on 1st June, it started tripping my fuse box, so I haven't used it since. Been without it for about 3 weeks now and it's driving me mad! I have nowhere outside to hang clothes and Walter and Jessie like to play on the clothes airer, so all my clean clothes end up covered in cat fur :rolleyes:

Last week, pets at home sent me an email with a £4 voucher for Walter and Jessie's food. When I tried to use it, the code didn't work, so I tweeted them on Twitter. I then got a message asking for my email address so they could get back to me. I got an email on Tuesday asking me for my postal address so they could send me some vouchers. Today I got home to £15 worth of vouchers :biggrin: Well worth it!!!

• Like 1

Jayne, ours is affected too, we have an indesit, they have been offering us a new drier for £60...my mum says she is thinking of taking it up, they keep saying expected june for repair but we have heard nothing, problem is we took out cover on our existing drier after the first year, if we get a new one we will end up loosing a year unless they allow us to stop it and then restart it. Well done on the vouchers!!!

Gosh May has been a busy month and I am only part way through catching up. Owl I am glad that you are real!!

Thanks for asking Griff, And your answer Jayne. I had an improtu visit to South Africa for my aunts funeral and then spent a few days with each of two of my cousins and a day on my own in the Kruger park. One of my cousins lives an hour from two of the gates. Sad reason to go but lovely to catch up with my cousins and families properly as opposed to visiting whilst on holiday.

Back home now and Ben is off for 3.5 weeks so on my tod!

Sadly Butter is poorly again but I am Keeping positive thoughts for him to help him.

Ooo and we are having a new window created in our kitchen tomorrow, which will hopefully all

Go well as I will be out running a marathon!! xxx

Edited by murtle
  • Like 2

Murtle, sorry to hear your news about your aunt but I am glad you have spent quality time with your cousins. Hope the window fitting and marathon running goes well and very sorry to hear Butter is poorly again...fingers crossed here for him!

Moaning :tired:

I have a nedache but I'm cheered up because it's a lovely morning.

Every morning when I open the curtains the feral pigeons are sitting on the bird feeder waiting for brekki. They are quite literally the early birds. There are three of them which have been coming for food for the past few years. I love them :wub: and they look v healthy. My neighbour dislikes them (and he has a penchant for killing things he doesn't like) so I made sure to drop into conversation that I like them. Hopefully he'll keep his air gun away from them :mad:

Edited by merledogs

We have feral pigeons feeding here too Alex. I love them too even tho they make rather a mess on my car and in the garden if you know what I mean :ph34r_anim:

Years ago because we didn't have much money we ended up buying a cheapie White Knight dryer. It served us well for 15 years so when it finally went to the white goods department of Rainbow Bridge we bought another and that was 8 years ago. It dries a full load in 80 minutes or less depending on what it is. It's used 3 or 4 times a week, year in year out, as we have no outside drying space. I won't hesitate to buy another one when this one conks. You can buy spare parts from them very easily although we've only ever needed a new belt and an elephants trunk in 23 years. It's a British company too :)

Murtle it's nice to see you back. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt :GroupHug: Sending positive thoughts for Butter :wub_anim:

Nice result Jayne :flowers:

• Like 1

we have wood pigeons here and the odd racer turns up, they do make a mess...literally everywhere but we all go don't we Lol just we are a bit more domesticated....well in some cases

Bath is out, 95% of the tiles gone, pipework is going in...yeah!!!!!!!

Oh forgot to say i may have met someone...we will see, after last time i am letting him do the running Lol, he is deffo single too so that is a better start Lol

• Like 2

Griff: Whaddya mean - you FORGOT to tell us???

The garden chairs from my buddy have arrived. Ruby and I tried them out and we were damn near asleep within minutes as they are so very comfortable. The only thing is that we really don't have room to store them in the house so we are going to have to buy a shed! LOL. Well Ruby has been after one for ages for her cycle so we can kill two birds with one stone (I've always hated the saying. Anyone got an alternative that means the same thing but avoids the killing of animals?)

• Like 1