UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Mundane Muppetry

merledogs

I hope you really enjoy your trip Yantan. I joined you in the no sleep club last night, still awake at gone 2, eventually dropped off only to wake at 5 and that was it.

My OH's birthday falls whilst we are on the cruise..he phoned me when he got to work, laughing but with a little catch in his voice to say that there is a banner across his departments door saying Happy Birthday Phil! and they've decorated his desk. He wasn't expecting that but I had an inkling, as someone from his work phoned me on Wednesday asking for suggestions for a gift for him. Considering most of them are in their twenties and thirties and he's one of the three older guys there, it's nice that they think a lot of him.

Griff, I know they say don't go to hospital at the weekends but please, if you feel any worse GO! Thanks for the suggestion of the acupressure bands, I have read about those, might give them a go.

• Like 1

How nice of Phil's colleagues :)

The lack of sleep must have got to me because I quite forgot to announce that today is Archie's 13th birthday.

He's out walking with the DW through Whinlatter forest. His outdoor bed is all set up in the garden, the front doors are propped open so he can come and go as he likes, fresh dish of water sitting out there in the shade and the sun is out and it's glorious so he will likely spend a happy day doing what he likes best being outside. He has a rump steak in the fridge for his birthday tea and a hamper of treats en-route - I hope they deliver them today. They've been travelling since Tuesday!

Suzeanna, that is lovely.....how nice of the staff to do that, when it was my mums 50th i had to drag myself on a bus to town, go and meet her and help her carry back all her flowers, presents and cards...she was older than the rest but it really does give them a nice feeling to know people think so much of them

Yantan, please give archie a big birthday hug from us. The webcam is a splendid idea....my cctv is one where you can view online or have pictures sent to you...i find it brillinat, i caught the trampy workmen the other day throwing his sandwiches outside my house...i called up and grassed on him Lol

Griff I can watch on my phone and tablet. It will record too :)

Archie is back and is currently munching on fish skins in the garden.

Taken a couple of years ago but it shows him doing one of his favourite things - paddling in water. Also his tail, it never stops wagging and even wags in his sleep.

Archiemotiongif.gif

• Like 2

He certainly looks as if he's enjoying himself! Happy Birthday Archie and may you have many more.

OH phoned on his break, they had a fuddle for him (in case anyone's saying a what? It's a food muddle, where everyone brings something), one girl had made a cake, and they gave him a £50 Amazon gift voucher, he's very happy.

• Like 2

cracking video Yantan

Awwww that is absolutely lovely Suzeanna

can't tell if it is drugs or exhaustion but i want to sleep but can't lie down and flippin Deags i whinging...she wants to be in the garden but she barks, then i have to try and haul myself off the sofa so i am being mean and making her stay in. Just looked at getting a boyleg swimming costume, i am goig to have to be brave and try the pool...not something i fancy but there you go, costume is cheap, the postage is nearly as much as it so they can do one...will make my mum go tot he shop Lol

Happy birthday Archie :)

Enjoy Alex :flowers:

Look after yourself Griff :GroupHug:

I think Murtle might be in South Africa at the moment - am sure I saw her post something about the Kruger National Park on Facebook.

I have taken echinacea all winter, stopped taking it last week. Now I have a chest infection :rolleyes:

Oh no Jayne...I believe garlic is good for chest infections....just make sure you take the middle shoot out so you don't get stinky breath lol

Ahhhh I see, so long as murtle is o.k

Bit gobsmacked here, my cousin is 21, she has just had £500 spent on her!!! I am shocked

I am sleeping on a wooden board, hope it helps

• Like 1