UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Any Antics

Jazz

Jayne, I can't understand how people can be rude during an eye test. I always have a chat with the lady when I go and we usually have a good laugh. It doesn't kill anyone to be pleasant for the duration, surely?

Glad Snow got her bed, hope all goes smoothly for her. Worst part of ops is the anticipation, I've found.

• Like 1

You'd be surprised Suzeanna. I tested a lady once who was a lawyer. She spent the whole time I was asking her history and symptoms staring at the bin in the corner. She was awful. Patients show up 15 minutes late for a 20 minute appointment, don't apologise and then go mental when we say we can't see them. Every day I question why I chose this job :laugh: :rolleyes:

Day off today. I have attempted to hang a curtain rail. It's a little bit too short (there is enough to cover the window, but not much overhang) so I'll have to see if it works ok. The cats are driving me mad at the moment trying to 'help' which is involving one of them hiding behind the one curtain that I have hung already and then launching themselves at the other cat as they walk past and then wrestling in my new curtain :angry: some of the header thread has come out, so am trying to rethread it, but I only have a plastic needle to hand. I think I need a brew.....

I managed it in the end - had a busy day today. Changed my bedding, sorted my car insurance out, done the curtains, done all my ironing, prepped some veg for stirfrying (I blanch the veg and freeze it in portions).... Sure I've done something else too, but I've forgotten! Time to sort Blue out and then head to the gym for Pilates and boxing :)

Hope your back is feeling better soon Griff - there's nothing worse than a bad back :GroupHug:

Glad you got your bed today Snow :flowers: hope you are in and out in super quick time

Sri Lanka has been having a heatwave the last few months , hottest summer since the last freak heatwave in the early 80s , we were at 39 degrees today and all of us are melting during the field work. Its so bad Sri Lankans are getting heat stoke ! Monsoon season arrives in the next few weeks and every one is really looking forward to the rain

My lovely house keeper Srima is also in hospital with Dengue fever , she lives in the same village as me and her husband had it last year and he was very poorly for a month :(

Not sure if I mentioned this but Mark and I travel to Malawi next week for a 6 week stint with Mission Rabies, I have never been to Africa before so I am very very excited

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

Good luck snow, glad you got in. About time too.

Hope your back improves soon, Griff.

Good thoughts for your housekeeper, Sam. I think you are amazing to go on to Africa and new challenges.

The thought of even a holiday in Europe would make me sick with panic. A pity really as I remember some nice places I went to as a teenager with my family. I did go once by myself to Amsterdam when I was 30 and about a million things went wrong. Had a good fortnight in Norway around 1980 with mum and sister. Lovely scenery and people, and I managed to survive mum's non stop fussing reasonably well. If I ever venture abroad it may be there.

Oh no :( Hope Srima is on the mend soon Sam :flowers: I can't imagine looking forward to rain - living in Manchester, if we get a week with no rain it's a bonus :laugh: Today we have had hail, sunshine, rain and wind :rolleyes:

The gym was ok - Wednesday isn't my favourite day, but it's ok :)

Thanks for everyones good wishes however I am home after being cancelled at 5pm you can't imagine just how pissed off I am, I had an utterly lousy experience which I'm not going to go into publicly, I also found out my surgeon was intending to remove bits of me I had no fecking clue she planned to do, had nothing to eat for OVER 24 hours and nothing to drink for almost 12 hours, had no visitors because family were told NOT to visit as I'd be in theater only no one told me that, so I ended up billy no mates and spent the entire day fecking alone only to be told at 5pm they'd run out of theater time and I was being sent home. To say I'm upset is an understatement all I wanted and still want to do is cry but for some reason I don't seem to be able to I think I'm still a bit shell shocked tbh.

Aw Snow that sucks. To get so near yet end up with nowt happening no wonder you are nissed off :(

Sam those temps are my worst nightmare! I love to be cold. Good luck for the Africa trip. The thing I retain to this day, 35 years since I was there, is the smell. Not a bad one I hasten to add but almost like you could smell the heat if that makes any sense.