UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Any Antics

Jazz

What was meant to be.a relaxed day pottering in the garden finished up as a 6 mile yomp through Sherwood Forest, hot on the trail of a young German Shorthaired Pointer. Wispa and her tracking partner Finlay did very well but when dusk fell he was still ahead of us. His people are camping there tonight. Wispa is out for the count and my feet hate me.

Ooo Owl, yes I think it might have been if she is a big bumble bee. It was the fact it looked like a bumble bee, big and fluffy, that Inwantes to save it.

Suzeanna, that's a lot to be out but depending what your leccie is for may balance out in the summer?

Glad you are all well Alex.

I ran Reading half yesterday and managed to break the 2:15 barrier by getting 2:13:42 thrilled to bits!

Owl. Nowt wrong with being a posh lady, so long as you stay lovely with it xx

Yantan, we have a market sometime during the week but Reading doesn't have an individual greengrocers, there is a fishmongers, down smelly alley! There is also a couple of butchers around xx

Well done Murtle on a sub 2.15 half marathon :pinkie:

Well done also to Owl and Wispa for their tracking marathon.

Had a lovely visit from Evie yesterday. She was explaining how the Easter Bunny brought her the "pwitty dwess" she had on. He also brought her some maps and when she followed them they lead to his house where he'd left some chocolate for her. Then following the maps further and also helped by a trail of his carrots she found some more chocolate in a tree. But she was still wondering how a he managed to climb the tree, even though mummy had told her several times that he had done a really BIG hop to get up there, because she doubted a wabbit could really hop that far up so she thinks he might have had a ladder - she's so bright!

Still raining here as it has been for most of the last week - 10 days.

• Like 1

Great news about Bruce, Owl. Hope your poor feet can have a rest now!

I'm going to pay off what we owe, Murtle, otherwise I get emails saying they are going to raise the direct debit. My OH says why should our money be in their account? As you say, hopefully it will balance out during the summer. I'm home all the time, and in the winter I have to keep warm, not just for the arthritis which is worse if I'm cold, but being cold thickens your blood and I already have a problem with that, so the heating has to be on. I try to keep it as low as possible (OH comes in and says good grief, you're freezing!) but it still clocks up the charges. I've considered changing supplier Griff, but the customer service of some of the smaller companies leaves a lot to be desired.

Well done on your half marathon, Murtle. My running days are well behind me but I don't think I'd have managed it even then. I was a good sprinter, but long distance? Forget it!

I've just been asked by the guy from the organisation that owns the house next door if their builders can use our loo if the tenant of their house is not at home to let them in to use theirs. I said no. We are already being inconvenienced by their building work having to have access from our garden. I really don't want the builders, who I don't know, coming into my house for the loo. I thought it was a bit of cheek. I pointed out that we've had our builders in lots over the last 15 years and never once have they asked to use the facilities.

• Like 1

errrrrrrrrr i thought that now when you had workmen to do stuff you had to provide a portaloo if facilities weren't available, my aunty had 2 loos available and the men were in the house yet she still had to fork out for a portaloo for them. Well done you telling him to do one...damn cheeky that is

Owl, great news that Bruce decided to go home, shadow the sharpei is still missing, there have been no sightings of her for a while now...we had a bit of a drive round yesterday and kept a look out for her. Have a restful day today to make up for your marathon efforts

Murtle....well done you!!!! you should be really proud of yourself. Lol smelly alley, sounds like a dodgy scene from a harry potter film Lol

Got to get the dogs out earliesh today, there has been rain, the field will be soggy, the dogs will come back muddy and it is training tonight!!! well actually they are having a party at training, it is a year since the lady took over the classes

I'm watching the cricket Twenty20 world final. It's very odd to be watching cricket under floodlights. Can't get my head round it at all. England have lost two players already and it only started 10 minutes ago :rolleyes:

I go to Cricket here and its easier to watch at night madly !

Well England were on course for a win with one over left, bowler lost his nerve and one of the West Indies players scored three sixes off the next three balls and won it for them :rolleyes:

What an amazing 4 last balls , the West Indies really deserved the win but I do feel sorry for the English bowler

• Like 1