UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Askin N Answers

Jazz

How lovely your vets' are Sam. It's so nice to hear about the good people in the world.

I've got Evie coming today with her mummy and nanna :)

The police officer who came yesterday and was here for almost 3 hours taking my statement and viewing my photos and video was a super chap. Very professional.

Anyway he said that although the video I took corroborated my account it might not show enough detail for the powers above him, who decide whether or not to take a case to court, to give it the nod so he wanted me to be aware of that so I wasn't disappointed. Also the fact that the assailant's son was present meant that he would no doubt refute what I had to say in favour of his father's account. He said he might be proved wrong and hoped he would be but in any case officers would be visiting the assailant and speaking to him and if nothing else it would at least be a warning shot across his bows that our family were not prepared to take his crap.

My sister is making an appointment with the family solicitor to talk to her about possible proceedings in a civil case. I don't think that will come to anything though as I have a feeling that going that route will turn out to a money pit and there's no sense in us tying ourselves up in litigation that's only going to cause us more stress.

Interestingly enough the officer asked me if I knew where the assailant lived as they had been unable to find his address, despite checking several sources including the electoral roll. He commented that it appeared to be that the assailant didn't want to be found which in itself caused them to be a little suspicious. I told him that that would be due to the chap trying to evade people chasing him for compensation for his bad workmanship and that though I didn't know his address our solicitor did. Turned out the officer knows her well so he said his next stop would be her office to get that information. Haha!

The officer advised that whenever anyone of us went to check the gardens we go in two's and always have phones with camera and video at the ready. The necessary detail to bring a case to court missing from one video could easily be caught by someone else recording it at another angle. I doubt however that the knobhead would dare touch one of us if another is present. In any case he wouldn't kick off when my brother is there as he's twice his size and he knows my hot headed brother would flatten him - and I don't want my bro getting into trouble.

I have a plan in mind that I need to get the others on board with before it can be put into action but it could be a way to catch this guy committing criminal damage as well as trespass and theft.

OK I need to go and do some hoovering whilst The Archibald is out for his walk.

Oh this was Archie's response to the nasty man who assaulted me. He really told him!

Cheeky%20Archie.jpg

Edited by Yantan

Archie :wub:

Safe trip over to Kosovo Mary :)

I have my dermatologist appointment today - am just hoping they don't just fob me off and tell me my skin isn't bad enough for anything else. I know in the grand scheme of things, it's not awful, but I'm 30, I eat healthily, I exercise and yet I still have acne :angry: Antibiotics aren't working and I'm fed up of them now :unsure:

Snow, I'm glad Baddie is feeling better. These dogs do know how to worry us.

Suzeanna, I hope your hubby avoids redundancy. When Jim was made redundant I had two young kids but fortunately my mother said she would provide anything they needed. My biggest concern was that if we lost our house what would happen to my two dogs.

Gooster, I hope you get some helpful results from the consultant, I have suffered from Rosacea for over twenty years. It is not acne but does result in spots and red, sore skin.

There is only one antibiotic that helps it and it upsets my stomach badly so I have put upwith it.

I have tried all sorts of creams and lotions but nothing worked until someone recommended CETAPHIL. Oh boy, after three days my skin had calmed down. Every day I could see and feel an improvement. Now after six moths I can't remeber when my skin looked so good,

I use the cleanser twice a day and follow with a moisturiser. Despite my skin being greasy I find using a moisturiser improves things. I started using it to protest my skin as wind and sun made my face very sore. I use just a few drops of Simple moisturiser as it goes far.

Cetaphil do make a mosituriser which I will try when I finish the Simple.

Stay safe Yantan, don't take any risks.

Trouble free house buying, Owl.

Jazz, good luck with your op. There can't be much left to go wrong with your house!

Sam, what lovely vets you have.

Why don't you ask if Channel 4 would like to do a programme about Noel Fitapatrick treating Gru. It would be great publicity.

is he the supervet guy who does all the unusual operations ? never seen the program but have heard about it

yes he is Sam, or maybe he can do a 'Supervet Aboad' programme, where he comes to Sri Lanka and helps train up some vets for you and sees the plight of the dogs you help daily

Be great television, am sure Chanel 4 would be keen !!

Thank you black magic :) I shall have a look into that if the consultant doesn't help :)

The supervet guy is brilliant Sam - I would hope that he could find something to help Gru out.

Have spoken to the senders, they say the driver left it at the wrong address, but is going to go and get it and attempt to redeliver. I don't get how though, as the card was put through my door. I have also spoken to DPD and they said that the parcel has probably been stolen, didn't make any reference to it being left at the wrong place and said the sender would be in touch. So I have no idea where my stuff is :rolleyes:

How strange Jayne. DPD deliver to me a lot and I am always asked for a signature. In fact, as I have had a delivery this morning I just checked the bumpf and it says DPD will not leave a delivery if someone is not there to sign for it or I direct them to an alternative address, like a neighbour, so they can leave it there and get a signature. Stevie our local DPD driver is a smashing lad - actually all our delivery people are from the various companies that call here (I buy EVERYTHING on the internet so get frequent deliveries.)

Anyway I hope you get your stuff soon :flowers:

They have delivered here a couple of weeks ago (whilst I was away) and left the parcel with a neighbour. They have left stuff in my blue recycling bin before too. According to the sender, they aren't allowed to leave anything in an unsecure place unless I have said it's ok (which I didn't). No delivery man has appeared yet.

the fence is done, and the men have gone home, miles away

sounds good?

this is me....

they have left 4 foot not fenced, that's to the side of the conservatory. that's all they were told to do

he said maybe the man measured up to there .... no because the conservatory wasn't there then!

and the post to the side of the gate, isn't touching the wall let alone secured to it. the post is solid he said, rocking it

we shall see ....

Does nobody take pride in their workmanship any more Jazz :mad: :rolleyes:

Oh just noticed that I appear to have repeated the post I made this morning within the same post. I did get the message when I pressed post the first time that I was not authorised to post so tried again and it went through - twice. Sorry folks! Ah, I have been able to edit it :)

they are nice men, but didn't mention it, it was only when I walked round there and told they they hadn't finished, that he told me why

he told me they were doing the neighbours fence on Tuesday so he would do it then, but the neighbour said hes not coming next week!