UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Junes Jolly Japes

Jazz

Just back from our walk. It's muggy. Skies are becoming increasingly greyer so I think we are in for something. Archie's making the most of the dry weather by sitting out in the garden whilst he can. He's enjoying eating his tangly twist very slowly and deliberately in front of Holly who is standing at the other side of fence watching his every move.

It was a beautiful morning here today - have started my Bootcamp sessions today. So I was up and about at 6.15 and doing burpees and press ups in the sunshine at 6.45 :)

Got a shock when he weighed me though (as I don't weigh myself). I have put on 4kg since last time I weighed myself. Am hoping this is all muscle as I don't feel any fatter :unsure: He weighs us all at the end of the Bootcamp, so I'll see what 4 weeks of eating clean and evil boot camps does for me :laugh:

No, it's with another instructor :) He is evil. I do 2 hour personal training with him on a Thursday and Bootcamp on a Monday and a Friday.

I am trying to avoid Mr G at the moment as my feelings for him aren't going away, I only have to see him and they all come rushing back. He's never going to leave his girlfriend, so I need to move on and seeing him every day isn't helping.

Evening. Only just got in, two hours later than usual. Had a verrryyy long meeting this afternoon which went on and on. It was with my colleague/new boss though, so we managed to have a laugh and even stopped to have a chat about various historical kings, queens and events. He has a degree in history which has piqued my interest so I've been reading up and watching programmes. Sad I am :rolleyes:

Owl - fingers crossed doglet is found.

Marion - of course I will share the numbers with you - plenty of millions to go around.

Jazz re the sweets that gave you the upset tummy , are they like the Sugarless Haribo Gummy Bears ? if so GO VERY VERY EASY ON THEM !!!!!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelrusch/haribo-gummy-bear-reviews-on-amazon-are-the-most-insane-thin#.hwx3pP0PZ

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EVQWKC/?tag=buzz0f-20

Jayne I think not seeing the object of your affection is probably the most sensible course of action , its hard to move on if you have an emotional connection to someone / something and unrequited feelings are very painful indeed.

Alex your not sad at all , I brought an Andrew Marr book on the Queen recently and I am loving the history side of things , it was also a total bargain at a quid from Poundland

Broken squirrel update , I have been to a UK Physio and she has confirmed both my legs are currently affected with the stupid quad muscle tightness thing I had last year and my left knee is inflamed again and its going to need months of physio , dry needling and medical pilates which luckily I can get in Sri Lanka. Rather sadly she suggests I stop swimming breast stroke as thats only making it worse so I am going to have to learn some new strokes . Lucky its not permanent and its all fixable with treatment and effort on my part so thats a huge positive but its still a flipping pain in the arse well okay pain in the leg......

When not hobbling like I have just got off a horse I have been a busy little squirrel for Dogstar , last week we spent a day at a Dogs Trust rehoming centre which was very informative and 2 days at the Worldwide Veterinary Service in Dorset . Luke Gamble the CEO had just been on the telly on the Nat Geo T Rex Autopsy special http://natgeotv.com/uk/t-rex-autopsy and he is just the same bouncy and gung ho chap in reality as he is on TV but he did not have a dinosaur in his office thankfully.

Tomorrow I am collecting 1500 microchips from our supplier, lord only knows what the customs man will think if he sticks his head in my bag this time....

Diesel D Dawg.. 2-1-2002 to 12-5-2015... I can honestly say my heart is broken

Very sorry for your loss

Tired and have sore feet. Ran and walked 55 miles. With 5 hours break. Tired but pleased.

55 Miles , good grief thats awesome and no wonder you are tired , well done you

I think I just upset someone online. She was being ironic and owls do not understand irony. Hate when I do that. Hope I have smoothed it over. I don't just do it online either. Need to have a T shirt saying "This human only understands the words you actually say."

I am with you on needing the tee shirt ! glad you got it sorted

Cleared up here too. Hope the spaniel we are after will appear from wherever she has been sheltering.

Good luck with finding her , hope you all stay dry

Moaning :tired:

Sam - take care of yourself please. Sometimes you're so busy caring for others that you forget to look after yourself and you're no good to anybody else if you aren't fit and healthy yourself, so please take care :GroupHug:

I'm WFHing today so can get out and give the garden a good drench later. It's so muggy here at the moment.

I have an early meeting this morning in the soon to be phased out psychiatric hospital - as its on the verge of closure many of the wards have closed and staff relocated so the last time I was there I found myself completely lost wandering around long empty corridors with no signage and no one around. Its a very old hospital going back to Victorian times so kinda creepy - not because of the patients but in that old empty echoey building kinda way, I kept hearing peoples voices and footsteps but turned corners and no one was there etc. lots of those awful plastic curtain screen doorways as well - its like a gigantic maze. Not looking forward to repeating the experience this morning.

OMG Snow...would not get me in there at all!!!!!!!!!! not much keen on creepy buildings

HLGS, i hope they manage to sort your legs out, maybe you can become a champion butterfly stroke swimmer

Merledogs, enjoy your day WFHing

Gooster, hope your bootcamp goes well

Hello everyone i have missed! off to the drs for me, got to have a catch up after my appointment with my consultant, lord knows what she will have in store for me, i hope she doesn't send me for a blood test as i really can't be bothered Lol Deags was supposed to see the vet last night as she is scratching again, got a phonecall about 40 minutes before the appointment, he was stuck in an op an would we mind rescheduling... of course no problem on out part, we have been that emergency op before now but i bet loads of people whinged

Sam - take care of yourself please. Sometimes you're so busy caring for others that you forget to look after yourself and you're no good to anybody else if you aren't fit and healthy yourself, so please take care :GroupHug:

you are totally right a broken squirrel is no use to anyone !!!! I am going to schedule in all my physio into my weekly calendar and flipping stick to it and I am looking forward to getting this fixed and myself fit and healthy again.

I have an early meeting this morning in the soon to be phased out psychiatric hospital - as its on the verge of closure many of the wards have closed and staff relocated so the last time I was there I found myself completely lost wandering around long empty corridors with no signage and no one around. Its a very old hospital going back to Victorian times so kinda creepy - not because of the patients but in that old empty echoey building kinda way, I kept hearing peoples voices and footsteps but turned corners and no one was there etc. lots of those awful plastic curtain screen doorways as well - its like a gigantic maze. Not looking forward to repeating the experience this morning.

Oh lord I would have crapped my pants and thats without Jazz's jelly bears

HLGS, i hope they manage to sort your legs out, maybe you can become a champion butterfly stroke swimmer

Gooster, hope your bootcamp goes well

Hello everyone i have missed! off to the drs for me, got to have a catch up after my appointment with my consultant, lord knows what she will have in store for me, i hope she doesn't send me for a blood test as i really can't be bothered Lol Deags was supposed to see the vet last night as she is scratching again, got a phonecall about 40 minutes before the appointment, he was stuck in an op an would we mind rescheduling... of course no problem on out part, we have been that emergency op before now but i bet loads of people whinged

Not sure about butterfly but I am going to buy a kick board so I can get those legs moving !!! there is also a belt I can wear to do water jogging , it all looks nutter than squirrel poo but it works according to the water physio youtube videos I watched yesterday

that's it sam. and as I have them in the evening, no sleep.

it took over a day to get rid of the pain. ive got huge boobs, my stomach was overtaking them!

Now you know why they were so cheap !!! have you read the reviews ?

maybe best to throw them out or limit your self to one a week !

• Like 1