UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Any Anecdotes

Jazz

my mum has left a message for the lad to call dogstrust head office as they may help, he is going to ask the police to get him done and add it to his bill.

Neighbours can be such pains in the arses, the lad next door to me makes a right row with his banging about and music, it was so bad the other afternoon my dad hammered on the wall and told him to shut up...my dad never does stuff like that Lol. the people at the end have now started parking their car in front of our house, yes it is a public road but it is manners not to park in front of peoples houses and even my awful neighbour respects that, i think they think my cctv will protect their car...errrrmmm nope, i am not wasting my electric on them, my camera will not be on at all

Just taken Ana for a wash. I gave the men strict instructions not to get any water on her roof. They obeyed this. What I didn't bargain for though was water coming through the seal between the front and the back windows :rolleyes: :laugh: I got soaked. The men were mortified. I will have to wash her the hard way in the future - gutted as I hate washing cars and these guys only charge a fiver for a wash and dry and you get an air freshener too!!!

Had my hair done this morning, 6 inches chopped off and I decided I was fed up with my roots growing through so fast with the blonde plus I've been blonde for about 5 or 6 years now so fancied a change - so now its red, really dark red, I keep walking ast mirrors and glass and catching my reflection and thinking omg who's that? LOL

• Like 2

Jayne, when you go to get your car done next, ask them just to clean the bodywork, then they can polish the glass or you can do it yourself at home, i use autoglym fast glass

Snow, your hair sounds lovely

I have made a cake for my mum and dad and one for my mate phil who was whinging i didn't take him any last week, he will crack up that he has a whole cake

It has gone really cold hasn't it? I was chatting outside the gym tonight and just had flip flops on my feet (i did also have jeans, a vest and a jacket on..:.) and I got really cold. My fleecy pjs have been dug out of my pj drawer as well :(

I will remember that tip about just getting them to do the bodywork - I was traumatised! I used to get a bit wet when they jet washed the landy, but I got soaked today! I might just ask Dad if he would like to clean Ana for me once a month - he is good at cleaning cars :)

awwwww feck, the pup has kennel cough! i have been up all night trying to settle her, giving her spoons of honey and being covered in puke for my efforts...lovely, we will be off to the vet today which will be fun

i agree, it is freezing, not sure if it is because i have had no sleep but i have a jumper on and i am still cold

Phil was chuffed with his cake, until i told him he'd to share with his son

Oh.Deep.Joy. They have put scaffolding up at the neighbours on the other side of us in preparation for builders to come in. That's builders working on both sides of us now :( Plus the house 2 doors down has been sold and will need significant upgrading and so there will be builders starting there before very long :(

We are all a bit pi$$ed off as we've lost permanent neighbours, due to divorce, and the house has been bought to turn into yet another holiday home. The last 4 houses sold on this street have gone from having permanent residents to holiday homes. It diminishes the neighbourhood feel. Of the 30 houses on the street 12 are now second homes with one other in limbo. It's been sold but we don't know if the new owners will be living in it or turning it into a holiday let. When we first moved here 14 years ago only 4 of the houses were second homes.

Afternoon its a rather nippy 29 degrees here according to my phone

Yantan , its hard living in a tourist area isn't it because the local economy depends on tourists but at the same time you want to have a local community if you live there . We choose to live outside the main resort area here when we moved for that reason but at the same time I understand why locals needs tourists and I live next door to a small hotel myself

Yantan, i feel for you.... my neighbour... who we get on with had an extension built, first we knew of it was when the digging started, she never said a word, never warned us of noise or anything

Hi HLGS, only 29 degrees tsk tsk

back from vets, have tablets for her, she was verrrrrryyyyyyy excited, pee'd on the vet table Lol, she is very slender and i said i struggled to get weight on her and i was told that she was lovely a slender and it made a refreshing change for the vet to see a dog who looked good instead of overweight, i can now stop worrying she is too thin, she weighs 14 kilos now. She has been in two taxis and we are going to try and go to the vets at least once a week just to get her used to being there and being handled