UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April All Talking

Jazz

Can I ask your advice please ?

Dogstar run a sponsor a dog /cat / spay / food scheme via our website and its here http://www.dogstarfoundation.com/sponsor-a-dog/

On the website it says

Give a Dogstar dog a better life for just £35 a year (that’s less that 68p a week). You can sponsor any of the dogs below for yourself or on behalf of someone else. You will receive a welcome pack with a car sticker and friendship bracelet to thank you for your support. You can also add your name to your dog’s ‘Just Giving’ page where you can check for the latest updates and photos.

When you sponsor a dog your donation will be used to help that specific dog or if their care needs have already been met by your and others’ donations, the funds will go to help other animals in your dog’s area.

and on just giving it says for the specific dog

Any additional monies left over will be used to care for other Temple dogs locally.

I have a very upset and irriate sponsoring demanding to know why I am advertising their dog via social media for sponsorship when the dogs needs are covered by sponsorship

I have cut and pasted the stuff as above , and tried to explain that it takes more than one sponsor to help fund the animals care but I know this is not going to end well as he is very unhappy has a lot of influence over many others online so if he express's his displeasure publicity I will have to deal with that.

My question is looking at the website page and just giving page , is it clear to you that you are sponsoring an animal that might have more than one sponsor and that excess money ( if it existed ) would help other dogs ?

Yes it is clear Sam.

Can you explain to him the total coat for that dog and then ask him to pay for all of it?!

Hope I does end well, and if not well, at least not badly xxx

Thanks guys, I am booking the removal people to go home, a week Thursday. Partially because if I don't we will out stay the lease on the place we are in and partially because I want to go home! They may be finishing work off around us, but I want to feel settled and I want our cats home. I am just hoping they will have put the flooring down 😄 xx

he hopes I can run it more professionally in the future and maybe offer individual dogs to every sponsor ( plus individual updates )

I personally run the scheme myself which is why there are 7 animals on it , if I had a team of volunteers who wanted to take on the this or any of the other jobs that no one either wants to do maybe we could expand it but until then Mark and I will continue to do all the administration ( for both countries ) , fund-raising , social Media , design , shop , government liaison , NGO reporting , staff management ,website content , planning , budgets , answering emails and Facebook messages ( and boy are they a barrel of laughs ) and fill in grant applications and thats before I place a hand on a single animal

I have never worked so hard in all my life and I have never had a job where so many people tell me what I should be doing , what I am doing wrong , what I need to do more off and personally criticise me because x charity does this better than you or y charity has this project you need to do. I would say that at least 75 % of all my incoming messages are negative in nature , I swear if this job was paid the post holder would resign or ask for a bloody big raise !

Sorry am ranting here because its Facebook related , actually thats another thing I really resent is how little privacy Mark and I have. I have tried to set my Facebook profile so a lot of what I post only goes to friends and not the causal acquaintances I have because of Dogstar. I know you cannot expect privacy on the internet but I have less privacy than I would like

The username police will be after me because i am clearly a unhappypissedoffrantinggreensquirrel today !!!!

• Like 1

HLGS, ask him if he has looked at the dogs trust, they have dogs to sponsor and i bet each dog is sponsored by thousands and thousands of people, i am not the sharpest tool in the box but even i know that you don't individually sponsor a dog. i have also just asked my mum that when you sponsor a dog do you think it is just you that sponsors the dog... she said no, therefore it isn't your error but the persons. i really do feel for you not having much privacy and it must be awful to be trying to help animals and getting problems from eejits in return, you will always find that somebody else can do it better than you and when you give them the opportunity "something" comes up, we had it when my dad was on the committee at the local legion, we redecorated the concert room and it looked lovely, as soon as it was done and we unveiled it the comments started you should have done xyz, i just said where the hell were you every night of the week then? oh yeah drinking in the bar...... very frustrating

I think he has interpreted the wording

"Give a Dogstar dog a better life for just £35 a year (that’s less that 68p a week)"

as all it takes to care for a dog for a year is £35.If he has sponsored a dog for that amount then there

is no need for anybody else to do so and you should ask for sponsorship of each individual dog.

Not a ctiticism but perhaps someone not used to the doggy scene reads things in a different way.They need it

spelled out to them.

Dog Trust say on their website 'When you sponsor a dog, your donations are used to help all the dogs in our care'

They also explain

" What is my sponsorship money used for?

Your sponsorship contributions are used to help your sponsor dog and all the dogs in our care. The money is used to cover the costs of running the Rehoming Centre, costs such as heating the kennels and washing the dogs' bedding. The money also goes towards food for the dogs, training and medical care - all with the ultimate goal of finding each dog a loving home."

So it is quite clear that sponsorship will help all the dogs.

Maybe wording that indicates that sponsorship of £35 will HELP give a Dogstar dog and his friends a better life.

The wording 'your dog's Just Giving page also implies a personal sponsorship.

Maybe 'THE dog's page'

I didnt mean to upset you, just pointed out what he might have read :unsure:

you didn't at all whats upset me is I clearly need to rewrite the whole bloody thing and all the just giving pages and all the automated thank you notices , what upset me was being told I could try harder and run it more professionally

There are days I really don't know why I bother

at all

I think he has interpreted the wording

"Give a Dogstar dog a better life for just £35 a year (that’s less that 68p a week)"

as all it takes to care for a dog for a year is £35.If he has sponsored a dog for that amount then there

is no need for anybody else to do so and you should ask for sponsorship of each individual dog.

Not a ctiticism but perhaps someone not used to the doggy scene reads things in a different way.They need it

spelled out to them.

Dog Trust say on their website 'When you sponsor a dog, your donations are used to help all the dogs in our care'

They also explain

" What is my sponsorship money used for?

Your sponsorship contributions are used to help your sponsor dog and all the dogs in our care. The money is used to cover the costs of running the Rehoming Centre, costs such as heating the kennels and washing the dogs' bedding. The money also goes towards food for the dogs, training and medical care - all with the ultimate goal of finding each dog a loving home."

So it is quite clear that sponsorship will help all the dogs.

Maybe wording that indicates that sponsorship of £35 will HELP give a Dogstar dog and his friends a better life.

The wording 'your dog's Just Giving page also implies a personal sponsorship.

Maybe 'THE dog's page'

All good points and great examples thanks but it just makes me want to weep seriously weep that people have the time to nit pick so much ( and they do ) I will reword as clearly its needed but it will have to go on a very long list of things I have to do

The Dogs Trust have an entire department who run their scheme ( we have meet them ) and it brings in 35 million pound a year so clearly there are a lot of folk who like sponsoring dogs

:GroupHug: :grouphug: Sam and Mark. He obviously needs to get a life if he is so nitpicky over a slight wording issue :angry:

I went to a wedding yesterday - I wasn't really looking forward to it as I was invited on my own to the whole day and only knew the bride, her mum and another woman there :unsure: I was driving too, so couldn't drink, which was no big deal really. I lasted till 10.30, which I thought was quite good all things considered, then I had to go and collect my mum from a different wedding. She was really drunk and wanted me to drive with the roof down on the way home (erm no....) and also nominated me to give a lift home to Pervy Pete (remember the guy who she tried to set me up with about 18 months ago?). The highlight of the day was watching her try and get in the back of my car (which is a big enough challenge when you are sober, let alone when you have drank a copious amount of alcohol). Am working today, got an hour and 5 mins to go - I actually felt more hungover and tired this morning than I would do if I had been drinking wine :unsure: