UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Normal Niggles

merledogs

I am sure they will ring soon Jazz - sometimes they wait a couple of hours so they have more news for you. I know when Ted was in hospital for 3 weeks, they never used to phone first thing. I also know that when we have to phone patients from work, we don't phone first thing - just in case they are still in bed :)

Am working in Wilmslow today - they have the oldest computer system in the entire world. It's based on DOS (if anyone actually remembers that!). Hopefully getting my phone sorted at lunchtime - the Vodafone shop is just over the road from where I am working :)

Ha ha ha Jayne, Yes I do remember DOS I used to support a DOS based system, I loved it. It was so simple and did what it said on the tin, though very different to programmes today! Does that make me old?

Haven't read back properly but have seen poorly doglets so hope they are all getting better.

We have one day left of animal spotting before returning to the land of humans, but we are exhausted and so will rest this afternoon as we were up at 3:30am again to go bush walking! We did a night drive as well last night do we're only back for bed at 11pm.

How is the Owl Chalet coming on?

I love your dog walking arrangement Yantan :-)

Xxxx

they always ring in the morning to say how they slept, if they ate their breakfast, what they have done and what the plans are for today, then they ring after 5pm to say what they have done.

but she hasnt rung yetttttt

my nice man is here to lay the tiles in the hall. hes done half so the adhesive can go off, but I cant get to the kitchen aarrgghhh

Good progress to be on all 4 :)

No, owl chalet assembly team has not got back to me :mad: so we are still hunkered down in the bunker. Well, that is what it is starting to feel like - an air raid shelter. We are snug and cosy and have our stereo, radio etc but after 3 months it is starting to feel claustrophobic. It was easier in September, I would just leave the door open into the garden most of the time, but too cold to do that now.

DOS system? Hey, I worked with Plan and Cobol and had to learn machine code, and computers were the size of a lorry with punched cards and ticker tape stuff. Can't get the hang of modern IT at all.