UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November's Naughty Natterings

merledogs

Very smart Defender :bigdrive3:

No luck with ickle border terrier but not our fault - we took up the trail where we left off yesterday and followed it for a couple of miles, relieved that the pooch kept veering left and was doing a circuit that should have taken him eventually back to the area he went missing from. But alas, the trail started off down a bridle path then came to an absolute dead stop. Wispa tried air scent and ground scent but it had gone completely. When that happens it usually means the dog has been picked up. In this case it would have been a walker or a rider, no vehicles are allowed on the estate without express permission and they are very strict about that. We were politely challenged the moment we first parked up. As soon as we said who we were, the estate staff were very helpful. They have all been watching out for him. Wispa might have been able to follow a carried dog by air scenting if it was a fresh scent but we are talking 3 days old.

It was an interesting trail as at one point it went through a police dog training area full of the most challenging and peculiar agility equipment you ever saw.

What a lovely link Marion I've got some of Nick & Nog like that must dig them out and see what difference 10 years make.

I've just about finished my Xmas shopping, just my SS stuff to finish off (got some bits today) and then sort out Robs pressies. Bought the lights for my new tree today, was supposed to have gone and got them yesterday as I'd reserved them in Argos but I ended up waiting in all day for the boiler man and he didn't come and by the time they rang to say he wasn't coming after all I couldn't be bothered to go get them so I re reserved them this morning and found that they'd come down in price by £10!

Have yet again been in Home Bargains and yet again having gone in for just 1 item came out with a bagful of bargains I just couldn't resist. Mind you thats Nogs fault, last time I was there I bought a pack of cheapish dog treats called Fold Hill Chewdles Chunks they were 69p for a decent size bag and Nog went absolutely NUTS for them, other than for fresh food I've never known Nog get so excited over a dog treat, if he could turn backflips in excitement he flipping well would when he see's me get these out, so of course they ran out and of course that meant I HAD to go back to Home Bargains to get some more (cough) so I've bought 4 packs this time 2 beef & 2 chicken. I just googled them and have been pleasantly surprised to find that they are a decent quality treat from an ethical producer http://www.foldhill.co.uk/the_story so I'm even happier to let Nog have them now. (But he's NOT getting any of my Thorntons or Butterkist bargains LOL)

Just had Cozzie the Ozzie's dad on the phone. Been back to vet with the little fella today as legs not improving. Xray showed minor chips to bone on one hip and complete dislocation on the other side. Looks as if surgery may be needed. He has either fallen or been clipped by a vehicle, vet thinks.

I love your new car Gooster, they were my favourites to work on..... i did like the range rovers but a defender to me is a "proper" 4x4..... the defender 90 50th anniversary edition was my favourite with the chrome tread plates on the tops of the wings etc

Merledogs, i am glad kinky cat is happy with you, seriously if she isn't pushing to get out i would keep her as a house cat, do you think the OAP will whinge if you keep her? also is she microchipped?? i am just thinking that if she does go back to them and she ends up in a state and you don't see her somebody else may ring the rspca or have her to a vet themselves

Owl, sorry you didn't find the terrier and very sad to hear cozzie isn't doing so well, i send both him and his dad good thoughts

Snow, i am a hooooooooge fan of homebargains!!! cheap booze, cheap pet stuff, cheap snacks what more could i want...... my dream set up would be home bargains, aldi and lidl all near each other!

my steam press arrived.... the person said delivery by 22 november, lucky there was someone in... it is fab, jeans pressed in 20 seconds, shirts etc a bit tricky but with practice will be o.k, i only burnt myself 4 times Lol

The problem for me is that Home Bargains is literally only 5 mins away from me by car and is located right by places I tend to go regularly so its all too easy to just nip in and see what they've got and utterly impossible to go in and not buy anything lol at the moment they've got loads of different large boxes of Thorntons chocolates, all different sorts including the premium new this Xmas range and they are all only £2.99 or £3.99 as presents they are absolutely ideal - but I've bought all mine already so I resisted those but I couldn't resist the bags of their luxury selection which were 69p instead of £1.99!!

I got an absolutely gorgeous soft snuggly baby blanket for Amelia for £1.99!!

I always thought these cheapy shops like Poundstretchers and Family Value etc were all much of a muchness but Home Bargains is in a completely different class.

Moaning ;tired;

Kinky stinky slept in the living room last night with Mia, Max and Beau. When I came down this morning Mia was in her bed on the table, which is next to Kinky's, but Kinky was on the sideboard so not sure if she slept in her bed. I did put Kinky on the table and gave her and Mia a fuss at the same time and there was no hissing. It'll take a while I know but we'll get there eventually. She is curled up on the cushion behind my head with her head on my shoulder :wub:

Jim (neighbour) came round last night to ask how she was and I told him she will be staying in for a while until her teeth are sorted. I will let her out again eventually because I don't think it's fair to keep her in when there is no real reason to do so and she's been used to going out all of her 14 years, but I will make sure she comes in at teatime every day, even if I have to go and get her from their house every day.

Morning :wavey:

I, too am a Home Bargains fan. I'm planning to go there today because I have a builder-free day today. The brickies can't do any more until the roof is on & the roofer is coming on Monday.

I hope Kinky cat stays put this time & realises she's better off at home than with the neighbours.

Shame about the little doggy whose scent disappeared, if access to that area is so restricted, surely someone must know who picked him up?

Gooster - nice wheels :)

Better get up, Betsy is protesting about the lack of breakfast :rolleyes:

morning all xxx

I found the home bargains website has hardly any of the stuff thats in the store, that I wanted anyway. last year I got the small bottles of hand wash for 10p each, and 5 litres of lenor for £3.99. sooo much stuff. ooo and nicky toilet roll, 9 for £2, so thick and nice

Vehicle access to that area is restricted but the point where we lost scent is on a public bridle path which goes through it. My guess is that a walker or rider took him home. He had a collar and tag but may have lost it during his rummaging through brambles. Not uncommon for someone to take a small dog home and ask around for a few days before contacting warden.

Owl my old dentist and his dog were part of the Search And Rescue Dog Association and he was out on the fells actually training the dog when they became separated. Some tourists came across the dog and because they couldn't see anyone near them they just assumed the dog was out on his own so using a belt for a lead took him off the fell with them and back to their rented holiday home. By their own admission they didn't make any attempt to find the owner having come to the conclusion that they were actually saving a working dog from a cruel farmer! When it came time to return home they took the dog with them - all the way to Essex! I don't recall just how my dentist managed to track them down but he did. He had to drive all the way to Essex to get his dog back and then drive all the way back with him.

Kinky cat might be starting to want to go out less as she ages Alex. All of mine eventually became house cats as they aged preferring their home comforts to the great outdoors. Even the most adventurous one, Cozzie, who as a youngster was out all day every day whatever the weather was quite happy to go no further than the back yard to lie on her climbing frame in the sun.