UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

I *think* I'm pleased to hear I am an awesome mushroom :confused:

Luffly lunch with the luffly Cheryl, we must do it again v v soon.

I've got my spare roon advertised on spareroom.com. 2 people want to come and see it. This means I will need to hoover and clean. B@stards!

• Like 2

We've got a spare room..but Dylan wouldn't appreciate losing the bed he spends most of the day on if we rented it out! Anyway, I'd be scared of getting a weirdo...glad you enjoyed your lunch with Cheryl.

Just read that a dog needing a home is " a little in ore of his surroundings". Do you think she is being ironic?? (sure Claz will get the joke if no-one else does!)

Afternoon everybodypeeps :wavey:

Busy day today. I have a new title on my business cards - Procurement Manager. Snort, that will make my ex colleagues well jel.

Claz - please to hear you and the luffly Bejo had a nice lunch :flowers:

Glad that Archie had his walk :flowers:

'Tis nice to see some new/old peeps on here.

I've got my spare roon advertised on spareroom.com. 2 people want to come and see it. This means I will need to hoover and clean. B@stards!

Bluddy cheek :mad:

Did you watch Emmerdale??? It was so good- but I was a little uncomfortable at the scenes in the campervan - even tho I am an experienced (cough!) lady of a certain age and was watching it by myself.

It was fab! The fallout is going to be brill too apparently, so will be watching avidly tonight :flowers:

• Like 1

Busy day today. I have a new title on my business cards - Procurement Manager. Snort, that will make my ex colleagues well jel.

Get a novelty sized one printed up so you can lord it over them when you next visit :biggrin:

Work was awful today, we got bummed on our audit because a film, ONCE, started 10 mins late :blink:. Maybe if the company hadn't got rid of projection staff and replaced them with machines it wouldn't have happened! I had never been so happy to see 5pm in my life! At least the auditor isn't due back until new year!

• Like 1

I'm starting to get more than a bit worried as Archie isn't back yet. He's been gone over 6 hours and they should be down of the fells by now as it's dark. I am thinking all sorts. Maybe DW has gone into labour, Archie has fallen down an old mine shaft or gone off the edge of a cliff. Eek.

Get a novelty sized one printed up so you can lord it over them when you next visit :biggrin:

I like that - I may have an A3 sized one made up :biggrin:

Marion - six hours is an awfully long time. Hopefully he'll be home soon and so worn out you won't hear a peep out of him until tomorrow :wub:

I'm starting to get more than a bit worried as Archie isn't back yet. He's been gone over 6 hours and they should be down of the fells by now as it's dark. I am thinking all sorts. Maybe DW has gone into labour, Archie has fallen down an old mine shaft or gone off the edge of a cliff. Eek.

I hope he's home, safe & warm now. Do any of the walkers have a mobile phone you could ring to check?

I've rung their mobile but all it does is tells me the call is getting transferred followed by an invitation to leave a voice message. They are both very experienced fell walkers and they did tell me that they were going on a really long walk and not to worry but it's been dark for ages now. I never thought to ask where they were planning to walk so even if I called the police or mountain rescue out I couldn't even give them a general direction. Cara is only 3 weeks off giving birth which is an added worry - what if she really has gone into labour up a fell side!

I just don't know what to do next.

I've rung their mobile but all it does is tells me the call is getting transferred followed by an invitation to leave a voice message. They are both very experienced fell walkers and they did tell me that they were going on a really long walk and not to worry but it's been dark for ages now. I never thought to ask where they were planning to walk so even if I called the police or mountain rescue out I couldn't even give them a general direction. Cara is only 3 weeks off giving birth which is an added worry - what if she really has gone into labour up a fell side!

I just don't know what to do next.

I think I would be tempted to ring mountain rescue. They may be able to locate them from the signal from their mobile phone.

How worrying for you :hug:

Gosh Yantan, i do hope all is o.k, do you know the DW mum's last name and where she lives??? you may be able to find a number for her and see if she has heard anything..... hopefully Archie will soon be home absolutely Knackered!!!!

hello to all new and old... i am reading but not posting much, nothing much to report here..... i have just cut my hair and it is now blue and black instead of pink and black.... that is how exciting my life is Lol

I've spoken to Cara's uncle and he had a good long chat with them a couple of hours ago via mobile. It was getting dark then and they were making their way down of the fell. They assured him they were all fine and properly equipped including both of them having head torches. Her uncle has already given her a bollocking for attempting such a big walk whilst heavily pregnant but at the moment he's not too worried. He's attempting to make contact again with them.

Please everyone - fingers crossed that they turn up here before too long.