UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

October's Ornery Oration

merledogs

CONGRATS MERLEDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yantan, i agree, meet the girl and see what you think and what archie thinks..... would you need to be careful with regards things like insurance etc?? you know how dog walkers have to have insurance?

Hi Phoebejo

Think it's time for a break, since I've been working since 5.30 am! :tired:

Am definitely going to be taking some of those hours back tomorrow, cos I have a few errands to run as well as taking Max in for his dental.

I feel a shopping trip coming on this weekend to the big M&S at Warrington (or Wazza as it will now be known) for a new work wardrobe.

We've seen the vet and it is grass mites that are irritating Archie. He's a jab which should relieve the itchiness in the next couple of days.

I also picked up a product called Calmex for use during the firework season (boo hiss) Has anyone tried it before?

I have more to tell about the nasty neighbour but will have to come back later as my pasta needs to go on!

Merledogs - So happy for yooooooo!!!!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Yantan - will be interested to hear how you get on with Calmex - haven't used it but sound interesting.

Jazz - you are not going to be bored with all those workmen round!

That's Monday over then! x

• Like 1

Thanks Griff. I thought it was worth a try rather than keep giving him diazapam which I am not really happy about him having. Had I known we were going to get funder tonight I could have tried the little man on a Calmex but it was here and gone before we knew it. Well Archie knew it that is but soon came round as there was only a couple of rolls of funder.

I'll report back in due course.

I'm off to bed now, night all :)

• Like 1

can you knit???? there is a balaclava you can make for dogs to help with firework noise and thunder etc...... i have mutt muffs for diez and i did find she was better wearing the mutt muffs and having a prescribed drug (although i hate how wobbly she gets) i want to try the balaclava as it would stay on better than the mutt muffs

http://www.bathcatsanddogshome.org.uk/uploads/documents/1285417837_dogbalaclava1.pdf

might not do the dogs street cred much good though!!!

Jazz, i hope you get your leg sorted.

busy week for me, chemo tomorrow, breathing check wednesday and then hospital friday... the sister who does my chemo rang today and i told her i still haven't had my scan so could i still have my treatment and she said yes as they don't know how long i will need to wait for my scan.... i will have to go private again but the rotters keep losing my discs with my scans on....wouldn't mind but the scans cost £500 and the discs belong to me

• Like 1

I used calmex last year when Charlie had had his cruciate surgery the week before bonfire night, since my vets refused to give Charlie any diazepam when he was on cage rest. We dosed him up and he did seem slightly sleepier and chilled, however that could have been the tramadol that he was on! Best thing we have found to calm Charlie down is dorwest herbs skullcap and valerian - totally knocks him out!

I think I have definitely been out of the dating loop for waaaay too long - Peter keeps wanting to speak on the phone etc, which is fine, but not all the time. He interrupted my hack out on Blue tonight and Corrie! He wanted me to go around to his tonight, but he has his little girl around tonight, so I definitely want to meet him on his own before meeting his daughter!

• Like 3

Congratulations Alex, thats fantastic news!

Sorry I haven't really been keeping up too well, hands haven't been great and today OH and I went to York for much of the day. It's our 20th anniversary tomorrow...where does the time go? anyway...I hope anyone who has been feeling ill is feeling better, any sick pets ditto

• Like 1

Evening

Congratulations Suzeanna and hope the hands are better tomorrow

Hope they give you something for your leg tomorrow Jazz

Wishing safe arrival for baby Snow

Hope you're feeling better tomorrow Marion. I would meet the girl and see what you and Archie think of her. Could you go out on a walk with her holding him and then you have a sit down and see how they get on together?

Griff all the very best for your appointments.

Gooster he seems a bit full on before you've even been out with him. What on earth do you want to meet his daughter for before you've even been on a date. How is he supposed to introduce you to her. Hope he calms down a tad.

Alex I am over the moon for you. Hope the job is everything you want and more. We can meet up some time soon cos I live literally 2.5 miles from Birchwood and work 10 mins away from there too. Sadly I only have half an hour for lunch but we can work something out

• Like 1

Moaning :tired:

can you knit???? there is a balaclava you can make for dogs to help with firework noise and thunder etc...... i have mutt muffs for diez and i did find she was better wearing the mutt muffs and having a prescribed drug (although i hate how wobbly she gets) i want to try the balaclava as it would stay on better than the mutt muffs

http://www.bathcatsa...gbalaclava1.pdf

might not do the dogs street cred much good though!!!

Am childishly snorting at 'mutt muffs' EmoticonLaugh.gif and how cute is the pic on that link? :wub:

suzannea - hope your hands are better today and 36_22_12.gif

Gooster he seems a bit full on before you've even been out with him. What on earth do you want to meet his daughter for before you've even been on a date. How is he supposed to introduce you to her. Hope he calms down a tad.

Alex I am over the moon for you. Hope the job is everything you want and more. We can meet up some time soon cos I live literally 2.5 miles from Birchwood and work 10 mins away from there too. Sadly I only have half an hour for lunch but we can work something out

I'm sure we can sort something at some stage :pinkie:

Jayne - I agree with Michelle, he does seem a bit full on. Tell him to slow down and maybe just speak to him once a day.

Edited by merledogs