UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Moaning :tired:

there is something up with my 2 month old laptop..... i think it has a virus or something, everytime i try to scan it using wither avast or the microsoft malicious software tool it just jams up and i have to hold the power button down to crash it and restart... have tried scanning it in safe mode too....will have to send it to be looked at i think

That doesn't sound good. I hope you get it sorted :flowers: You can do a free online scan with Trend Micro Housecall here. Also, do you have AVG? When I had a virus previously it was the only thing that found it :flowers:

I have a lifetime ban from 3 pubs in 3 different counties in Wales, quite an achievement for a teetotaller, but a pub in Derbyshire has given me a tab. I have found my niche at last.

Now I really want to know why you have been banned from three pubs!

My doc gave me some new painkillers, and touch wood, after taking a couple I'm typing with no twinges at all, it's a miracle. Just hope it lasts!

Glad to hear that they are working :flowers:

RMF : Last day of freedom and then I'm back to being a wage slave.

Edited by merledogs

Good luck Alicia - I'm thinking positive thoughts for you :)

I like AVG too.

Mmmmm, I'm another one wondering why the Owl got banned from 3 pubs!

I might go to the garden centre just out of town when Archie goes out for his walk as a neighbour said they have lots of different types of wild bird food available at good prices and I need some more for the bird table. I shall get The Archibald a new plant pot if I go. He has 3 buckets of toys but nothing beats a plant pot! When my friend came over to stay from the US last year she brought him one in her luggage along with a squeaky buffalo. He had great fun stuffing Billy buffalo into the plant pot and then shaking it like mad. He's a nutter!

Oh Jazz, they can be feckers for doing stuff like that! can you go in at short notice? if so tell them to pop you down for cancellations

Yantan, archie sounds a funny little chap, i be there is never a dull moment with him around!

well i installed the avg..... got stuck on the same part again

it is this bit that is causing the problem but i haven't a clue what the heck it means

c:\windows\system32\modemui.dll

i guess i will have to take it to the comp shop but i am paranoid about people having access to my info

bought diez a new medicur box as i have lost her other one.... bargain, should be about £180 and i got it for £50 inc delivery!!!!!!! they are in use in nhs hospitals now

having my pre opcheck,sign the forms, nicy nicy, knock on the door, nurse comes back in, its cancelled. surgeon isnt available. I have a breakdown, nurse gets upset.

come home, ring secretary who is now on speed dial,she has had 3 calls from the nurses, so shes spoken to the surgeon about how upset I am (no really!) and will ring me back

well i installed the avg..... got stuck on the same part again

it is this bit that is causing the problem but i haven't a clue what the heck it means

c:\windows\system32\modemui.dll

i guess i will have to take it to the comp shop but i am paranoid about people having access to my info

bought diez a new medicur box as i have lost her other one.... bargain, should be about £180 and i got it for £50 inc delivery!!!!!!! they are in use in nhs hospitals now

According to my OH, system 32 is a Windows system file, the other bit means modem user interface...dll is dynamic library link. He says sounds as if a file is missing.