UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

September's Sibilant Susurration

merledogs

Good morning!!

Meeting my daughter at 9 to go looking at patterns and fabric that she has picked out - I am making the bridesmaid dresses!! All 5 of them!! Eeeek!!

The big day is 14th September 2013. One of the girls is pregnant but due date is January so to give her a chance I'll make hers last :)

Excited and terrified all at the same time. Work at the elf service is going to be harder than ever cos I'll want to be home sewing!

xxxx

Morning peeps. It looks like it's going to be another nice day here :) Both DW'ers are coming for The Archibald today as they have a full day off from their regular work. They are going to take the dogs and their cycles to the forest so Archie and his girlfriend will get a really good run! Archie may be baking biscuits beforehand as a thank you :)

Loo I hope you enjoy your day of pattern and fabric picking with your daughter :)

Alex did they give you any idea of just when the security checks were likely to be completed? Have they given you a written offer subject to the said security checks or just left you dangling?

For Jodie :GroupHug: Hope it gets nipped in the bud pdq.

Maz - not had any job offer yet, only a verbal one. They won't formally offer unless i pass the vetting procedure. No idea how long that's going to take but will ask the agency.

RMF : Have finally managed to make proper poached eggs in my pods. The secret is to keep the lid on the pan. They are yummy.

Edited by merledogs

Have been emailing all my friends at work to let them know I've left :( I'm really going to miss all my girlies particularly. I don't make friends easily and these girlies have unconditionally accepted me for who I am and we've had such a laugh so I don't know how I'm going to cope without seeing them every day. I am blubbing my eyes out now :mecry: Am seeing a couple of them on Friday for lunch and then some others on Saturday for drinks in the city centre and really hoping that we can keep in touch.

Alex set a regular date with the girls along the lines of the third Friday of the month, or whatever suits you all, to meet for lunch or after work drinks. Ruby has done this recently when a colleague, who she worked with for 27 years, retired. They meet up once a month for lunch and a good catch up.

• Like 1

As well it should be Jazz xxx

Alex, I am still friends now with guys I worked with 10 years ago. Our friendship became more than just work friends after our team was made redundant. In my experience work friendships can be taken a little for granted as you see them everyday, but when you plan to meet up it takes on a new angle. Make plans to meet up with them, and remember if you can make friends with them you can make friends with others. It just takes time and a little courage. (ps I too am not good on friendships, I am a transient person in peoples lives!) xxx

I am soo excited!

We are on the lines of a 1950's tea dress (Vogue pattern 1172) in Sapphire to match her ring. The girls are sizes 14 to 8. Patterns will be delivered to my house next week and the fabric will be ordered by the shop on Saturday with delivery expected the following week.

My daughter has bought me a new pair of scissors. I need a bright bulb for the dining room and a stairgate to stop Jack Daniel wondering in and out with his toys while I'm working and my son in law to be is going to put a rail up in the spare bedroom so I can hang the work in progress up where Budweiser the cat can't get to it!!

I told the elf service I would probably be an hour late this morning but would make it up as we work flexi time, but as it's now 11.30 I think I will have lunch and call this half a day's annual leave!!!

Hugs to Jodie. Bullies are very hard to deal with by yourself so I hope the school puts an end to this quickly. xx

• Like 1

Rant alert

I am heartily sick of people ignoring my no cold callers/no junk mail signs. There is one on the gate and one on my letterbox although granted you can't see the one on the letterbox when I have the door propped open until you get to it. It seems I will have to spell it out in detail as to what constitutes junk mail and no cold callers. Charities seem to think they are not cold calling when they send out people to try and get you to sign up to DD's. I had an argument with someone from Cancer Research the other night who said "but I'm not selling anything" when I asked him if he couldn't read and pointed to my sign. If I don't invite you here mate you are cold calling!

Then this morning I caught a guy stuffing a free newspaper thro the letterbox. His excuse? - "but it's not junk mail. It's a paper". I replied it's not one I have either asked for or paid for and that I would be expecting to be delivered so therefore it's junk and destined now for the recycling bin. So he asked if he should take it back "that would be great" I said and turned to go back in the house when he called back to me "don't you want to know what's going on in town?" FFS! This is exactly the sort of conversation I am trying to avoid by having the notices displayed!! I told him I didn't need a newspaper to tell me what was going on thank-you-very-much.

Honestly!

• Like 1

Alex I meet up every couple of months with my old friends from work (we last all worked together about 7 years ago), and we email life updates to each other as a "round robin" thing at least once a month or more often if we have "news". We all have to travel & one of the girls now lives in Yorkshire but she makes it to at least 2 of the get togethers a year. In many ways this is a closer friendship than when we all worked together as work doesn't get in the way and end up being the only topic of conversation.

Soooo I have a problem or rather Nog has the problem and I need to solve it since the problem is he's a prat and isn't likely to stop being a prat anytime soon lol Bungalow has a big picture window from lounge into conservatory, one side slides like a patio door the other is fixed, then the conservatory also has a big all glass side panel and tilt turn slide door - Noggin just cannot seem to get the hang of these doors being closed, with the result he's gone smack into them a couple of times, luckily not moving with much speed. MIL's dog Sal and Bruno when he came to stay have also walked into the closed door (as have I but do NOT tell Rob lol). Nog of course being a prat cannot exit or enter the house unless its at a gazillion miles per hour *eye roll* so far we have been managing by putting a chair or a box before or after the glass doors so he has to slow down and think about it, but obviously this isnt going to work as a permenant solution as it looks a mess and gets in our way.

I had a thought last night about maybe getting some form of peel and stick things to go on the doors, so I googled and have found an amazing shop with an astonishing selection of window art, still working my way through it but looks like I'd be spoilt for choice.... do you think this one would stop Nog?

XLARGE.jpeg

Now how do I persuade Rob that would look perfect in the lounge? LOL!!!

Heres the link to the shop: =WindowDecoration&offset=5"]http://www.yourdecoshop.co.uk/en/Shop/?typeGroup[]=WindowDecoration&offset=5

• Like 1

I am really wishing I hadn't signed the contract yesterday because I am really not happy with the contents of it. I feel like I was pressured into signing it without being given fair and proper chance to read it and take legal advice. My head was all over the place so I couldn't even think straight so when I was pressured I caved in and signed. Really wishing I hadn't now :( Feeling badly advised by my union rep as well :(