UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jubilee Japes

merledogs

Nah, it was just so full of 'stuff' it didn't resemble a room...

Sounds like upstairs at my place. I had to live bungalow style while Polly was with us as she couldn't get downstairs without falling. Then it stayed that way because I broke ankle. Everything not in immediate use has wandered upstairs, so my upstairs is like a normal person's loft.

• Like 1

Have Googled and apparently they can keep bullocks in the field as they are supposedly gentle (but inquisitive). It's only bulls which you can't have in there over 10 months old.

I'd love to say hello to the bullocks, but with four dogs they may get a bit too inquisitive and the bullocks won't realise that they could hurt you if they trample you. I may have to do it from the other side of the fence initially.

When I was a child we lived in a house that was surrounded on two sides by an old orchard.

A local farmer grazed his young bullocks in the field.

When a new lot arrived they were very skittish but there was always one that was braver than the rest. I used to 'tame ' them by feeding them slices of bread over the fence.

The orchard was on a slope and if they were at the top of the slope I would walk up and feed them up there.

Years later my mother told me she hid her eyes when I ran down the slope after feeding them as there would be half a dozen bullocks charging down the slope behind me. She had visions of me being falling and being trampled.

• Like 2

Sounds like upstairs at my place. I had to live bungalow style while Polly was with us as she couldn't get downstairs without falling. Then it stayed that way because I broke ankle. Everything not in immediate use has wandered upstairs, so my upstairs is like a normal person's loft.

We have a loft but the upstairs bedrooms are not used, unless we have visitors, so tend to be a dumping ground, along with the downstairs bedroom that is also not slept in. What my mother used to call ' a gloryhole'.