UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Mad March Mumblings

merledogs

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Marion : Best thing to do when someone is saying stuff like that to you is to calmly agree with them, which is really frustrating for them because they aren't getting a reaction. Just say "yes of course I am, I totally agree with you, because obviously you are always right and everybody must share your opinion". I hope they leave you in peace Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Bonus that you got to perv at the buff neighbour though laugh.gif I hope your stress and pain levels go down and that your sleep quota goes up Group_Hug_Emoticon.gifGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gifGroup_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by merledogs

:laugh: @ the pics.

Great response Alex, I might try that some time. :biggrin:

Off to the shops, need to get back to Aldi for the things I couldn't carry yesterday and get some bits from Tescos. Then hairdresser for the afternoon, though it will be slightly more bearable now I have my phone with internet access. I could post a pic of me in my foils :laugh: On second thoughts, perhaps not. :laugh:

Grey, wet and dark here, so I am concentrating on seed prep and plans again. Looks like you had the right idea to have the day off yesterday Alex. :cool:

laugh.gif at Alex - excellent response mate!

I am feeling rather better this morning having got several hours uninterrupted sleep last which is the first time in weeks - well months probably.

I am continuing to loose weight - not sure how many pounds - but I can tell because my jaw bone is starting to emerge from my chins rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Marion : Best thing to do when someone is saying stuff like that to you is to calmly agree with them, which is really frustrating for them because they aren't getting a reaction. Just say "yes of course I am, I totally agree with you, because obviously you are always right and everybody must share your opinion".

Thank you for that one, I will add it to my collection of verbal templates for self-defence.

Alex, that was a truly startling confession hidden in your earlier post. You came out of that garden centre without buying any plants!! :ohmy:

Yantan, I am relieved to hear you had a good sleep at long last :biggrin:

snow, hope sore bosom heals asap. :GroupHug:

Today I am going to kennels to see the lab we trapped at the motorway services. He is currently in the quarantine section of a local kennels run by friend of a friend. The DW should be coming round on Monday to scan, then we can get the paperwork done and if no one claims him he can go to his rescue place after 7 days. He was in too much shock at first to scan without traumatising him more. We couldn't even get him out of the trap so had to leave it in his run. But he is slowly coming round, eating well and starting to take an interest in what is around him. I am thinking of naming him Starbuck after the place whose kind employees fed and got help for him.

I am feeling rather better this morning having got several hours uninterrupted sleep last which is the first time in weeks - well months probably.

I am continuing to loose weight - not sure how many pounds - but I can tell because my jaw bone is starting to emerge from my chins rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Pleased you got some sleep flowers.gif Wish I could motivate myself to start losing weight again rolleyes.gif

Alex, that was a truly startling confession hidden in your earlier post. You came out of that garden centre without buying any plants!! :ohmy:

I know, I surprised myself! laugh.gif I did see a new Rhododendron that I liked but am going to see if I can get it cheaper elsewhere cool.gif

Pleased that Starbuck wub.gif is feeling better.

RMF : It's wet and horrid here today, so I'm doing cleaning and washing, but as soon as it's brighter I'm going back out there.

Nice and sunny here.

Having quiet day. Have been to building society to put money in my ISA and pay in a cheque.

My friends dog is still missing :( and two local huskies went missing a coupele of days ago and both got hit and killed by a train :mecry: Run free Brad & Pinks

One of the cushions disappeared off the sofa - wonder where it could possibly have got to?

P1000247.jpg

RMF : The gardening forum is moving to another server (or summat;) today and is down. I need my fix!!!

Edited by merledogs

Lovely bit if accent colour on the dog bed Alex. :laugh:

Hope the forum comes up soon, I was going to look in there :unsure:

yesterday was such a long one, four hours at the hairdressers, and then out for a meal. It was good to go out on a Saturday night for a change though. :rolleyes:

Tis raining heare (as expected). I am quite pleased though, as I have planned to plant seeds and do a bit of cleaning of the plastic tomato houses etc. If the weather was good I would be fretting that I should be up the allotment. :wink2:

It's miserable here too Marge. I wouldn't mind but I watered all the plants yesterday rolleyes.gif Supposed to be clearing up around lunchtime (fingers crossed).

The Clematis I bought are growing like buggery, but I daren't plant them all out until the chance of frost has passed. I've put two out in a planter with an obelisk, so if it does get really cold then I'll have to cover them up with something.