UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

Snow, sorry to hear of your loss :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Owl, i hope the lurcher turns up safe and well and is soon back home...too cold for sleeping out.

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: fergus :GroupHug: hope scoobs had a better night and in turn you had a better night

oooooooooooooooooo that pharoah hound is tooooooooooo cute!

Merledogs, please be careful :flowers:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning :tired:

Michelle I hope you had a decent night's sleep and gentle squishes for Fergus Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I'm going to a high security psychiatric hospital today which contains the likes of Ian Brady and Charles Bronson. Should be fun wacko.gif

Doesn't sound fun :unsure:

Thanks everybody for your good wishes, but we are so out of practice with puppies (Cushna was our last and she was a doddle :wub: ) - total lack of sleep - somebody had to get up twice to wee and wouldn't settle by himself in his bed by our bed - I've spent the night with him either snoring down my ear or trying to get me to play :laugh: :rolleyes:

Has beautiful pup got a name yet? Bracken was a nightmare as a pup and thankfully Fergus came along a month after him which took a lot of the heat out of it for us as they played with each other. They can be so hyperactive. I used to pop Bracken in his bed at certain times of the day for time out to give him a bit of a rest before the next onslaught. There may well be tearing of hair out along the way but they grow up so quickly so enjoy these precious months. I don't envy you having to stand outside with him several times a day saying go wee wees oh you good boy or whatever in this weather :laugh:

I'm off work. Wonder what time the boss will ring me. :rolleyes:

Fergus is getting on better with his buster collar but we'll have some nice bruises before he's done from when he forgets and charges through like a bull in a china shop. Guess that's the norm.

I see Fergus has discovered the use of the buster collar as a demolition device and attack weapon. Those things should come with complimentary shin guards.

Still icy underfoot. Luckily Wispa seems happy for the moment with limited exercise, a few short sessions of retrieve in the garden, and many hours snuggled in a heap of blankets on the sofa.

I'm worried about the Worksop hound as well but we can't do any more until we find out where he has gone.

i think if he is a pharoh hound he needs an egyptian or arabic name :biggrin: Azizi means precious or gyasi means wonderful (and he is a bit wonderful :wub:) here is a link to a site with egyptian male names and meanings

http://www.names-meanings.net/names/male-egyptian

with regard the sleepless night, both of my pups have been really easy, i have no idea if what i do is right but seems to work, we give them a hot water bottle under their blankets on the bottom of their bed, before bed they get some of their dinner allowance mixed with some warm water so they get something warm in their tummy before bed, they seem happy enough to sleep through to the mornings, hopefully he will settle down in the next few days :flowers:

been to the vets with both dogs this morning, vaccs time and a blood test on both..... back with the cat this afternoon... very expensive day!

merledogs, i hope you make it their and back in one piece!

Oh the joys of puppyhood :laugh:

Bloody hell Alex what are you going to that place for? Are you hoping to get your boss's name on the list? unsure.gif laugh.gif

It's one of the sites we manage and we're meeting the site manager. Have had a lovely toasted bacon and sausage sarnie from the canteen and the best coffee I've had in ages. We're in an office away from the main building thankfully, but the blokes have been making jokes about strip searches and having a little walk round cos they like fresh meat :rolleyes:

i think if he is a pharoh hound he needs an egyptian or arabic name :biggrin: Azizi means precious or gyasi means wonderful (and he is a bit wonderful :wub:) here is a link to a site with egyptian male names and meanings

http://www.names-meanings.net/names/male-egyptian

with regard the sleepless night, both of my pups have been really easy, i have no idea if what i do is right but seems to work, we give them a hot water bottle under their blankets on the bottom of their bed, before bed they get some of their dinner allowance mixed with some warm water so they get something warm in their tummy before bed, they seem happy enough to sleep through to the mornings, hopefully he will settle down in the next few days :flowers:

been to the vets with both dogs this morning, vaccs time and a blood test on both..... back with the cat this afternoon... very expensive day!

merledogs, i hope you make it their and back in one piece!

Our bridge Pharaoh girl was called Aswan - thanks for the link I'll have a look (but they are actually the national dog of Malta :unsure:Kelb tal-Fenek who are a little upset that people think it's Egyptian.

We did all that, but I think he's a little unsettled as he has been in 4 homes in 4 days :( - hopefully he'll adjust soon.

Oh the joys of puppyhood :laugh:

It's one of the sites we manage and we're meeting the site manager. Have had a lovely toasted bacon and sausage sarnie from the canteen and the best coffee I've had in ages. We're in an office away from the main building thankfully, but the blokes have been making jokes about strip searches and having a little walk round cos they like fresh meat :rolleyes:

Some benefits then - can imagine you smiling with gritted teeth :laugh:

Alicia the only notable Maltese I can recall is Dom Mintoff so you could your gorgeous boy Dom or Dominic after him (or simply Malteser rolleyes.gif laugh.gif )

Mintoff was known as il-Perit so might Perit be a candidate? Perry for short. I know I am carp at this naming lark rolleyes.gif I do think the lad should have a new name to disassociate him for his pretty poor start.

RMF: I have just been mugged by Archie to share my mackerel on toast laugh.gif

well i never knew that, i assumed that as the name was pharoh hound they must have been something to do with egypt, thankyou... i like learning new things :flowers: so sad to think of such a young dog having passed through so many hands in such a short space of time.... i do agree that if you can think of a better name for him a new name for anew start is a great idea :flowers: the only other thing i could think of you trying would be a clock wrapped in a blanket and hidden in his bed..... the heartbeat thing :unsure: (needs to be a clock with hands) or perhaps a DAP diffuser :unsure: