UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Februarys Fantastic Fabulisms

merledogs

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been involved in some contract negotiations with a couple of suppliers at the request of my boss's boss, who is a board director (we've done the conference calls together). After our conference call this morning he said to me : "We're on the same page Alex, I think we work well together, you're really good at this" and "thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it". Made my day - it's nice to be appreciated by someone at least (but especially by him) cool.gif

well the day off got even better - not!

Luckily the lid to the dogpoo bit was frozen on (it feeds into the toilet outlet and then down to the sewer) so I lifted the manhole to drop the collection straight in - to be met with a manhole half full of ****. Took up the next manhole along - so was that, neighbour and I checked next one - yup ... in fact even higher! Checked next one and that was half full....... we managed to rod it so there is a slight movement of "water" and I have set up the caravan loo (pump frozen but watering can put there to flush it) cos we don't want more coming along and sticking to what is in front of our places until it is flowing away from them!

Great joy! you know what - I am quite looking forward to the leg wax this afternoon now, it will be relaxing compared to this morning!

suzeanna... continued good thoughts for little rosie :GroupHug:

Jazz..... whatever you do remember to pack your pants, my mum jetted off to cyprus... got their, unpacked no underwear :laugh: :laugh: luckily they knew a cypriot fella who could point her in the direction of a shop who stocked plus sizes..... didn't half make me laugh when she rang me :laugh:

Awww well done alex, could your boss's boss not give you a job working under him directly? better still he could give you your bosses job :biggrin: bet you'd be better at it!

Buddyboy, enjoy your leg wax and i hope that is the end of your troubles.

been out.. now back, very cold and the dogs are winding me up :rolleyes:

RMF : I discovered this morning why my house has been freezing cold all week - the blimmin' heating's been off

:ohmy:

Well, the vet gave Rosie a thorough once if she gets worse as the day goes on or brings up her water, back to vet today, otherwise back tomorrow.

I hope Rosie will be ok. :flowers:

Why is it that EVERY time I have a day booked off the **** hits the fan

Hope to get car back tonight - been away since Tuesday to have a new clutch fitted .... but when they stripped it down it appears the flywheel was very very poorly so had to wait for parts .... any offers of an alibi while I rob a bank to pay for it please?

Hope the car doesn't cost you any more money once it's fixed. Looks like the **** hit somewhere else too! Fingers crossed it all get flushed away soon. :flowers:

I've been involved in some contract negotiations with a couple of suppliers at the request of my boss's boss, who is a board director (we've done the conference calls together). After our conference call this morning he said to me : "We're on the same page Alex, I think we work well together, you're really good at this" and "thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it".

A little appreciation goes a long way.Well done! :flowers:

my mum jetted off to cyprus... got their, unpacked no underwear

luckily they knew a cypriot fella who could point her in the direction of a shop who stocked plus sizes..... didn't half make me laugh when she rang me

:laugh:

i've been to the GP and he doesn't think it's heart trouble (The thought had never entered my head! :unsure: ) I have probably strained my muscles because of the prolonged coughing over the last few weeks. He's told me I have to be patient! :rolleyes: Signed off for another week, but to go back if I get worse. On the plus side, for the first time in weeks, I have an appetite and the smell and taste of food doesn't make me want to vomit. I have just made a cheese omelette and it was delicious. :biggrin:

wow Houndzrus i bet you are getting right pee'd off with it now.

i certainly am, the worst thing has been getting one thing after the other, so not expecting the change in symptoms. Also, a few months ago i booked to see Calender girls at the Birmingham Hippodrome with three of my friends. we were meeting up and going on the train and having lunch before the performance. It's tomorrow, and I can't go now. :(

One ticket up for grabs if anyone wants it, the matinee performance. My friends are very, erm, friendly, so would make you welcome. :guitar:

(obviously, you could just go straight to the theatre, no need to traipse round Brum with them! ) :wink:

So sorry you are still poorly Marge, but pleased that at least you can taste stuff now flowers.gif

I had a long chat with my boss about various work stuff and made sure I told him what his boss said about me. He was in a good mood for a change, probably because we've already brought in half our monthly target in the first three days.

I went to B&Q after work and purchased some trellis, some plant food, a ratchet screwdriver set, some garden stakes and of course I couldn't get away with not buying some plants rolleyes.gif so I bought some Sarcococca confusa (sweet box) which I decided to get some of yesterday and which is flowering and smells absolutely divine wub.gif One for the garden and one for a container to put by the patio doors so I can smell it when it flowers. They are only ickle ones so they are staying inside for a bit - in fact I'll probably put them in the greenhouse for a few weeks until it's warm enough to plant them out.

I have pizza in the oven and am about to drink lager biggrin.gif

:laugh: :laugh: Merledogs you do make me laff....... i am sure you need to join plantaholics anonymous :biggrin:

oooooooooo i got a wicked bargain the other day, its a coat with headphones built in and i bought it for going out with the dogs.... it was £6 and to be honest i thought it would be cack, went out tonight and it is freezing out there..... i was toasty warm!! good job as i took laney out who lost a shoe, then i had to take diez out and then go and look for said missing shoe :rolleyes:

Merledogs.... i am with you, i am already on the lager :laugh:

Alex how did you survive without heating :ohmy:

Jazz hope you have a lovely hen night!

Marge, hope you are feeling betterer in the morning and feel up to sitting in Costa / Starbucks till your show!

Snow, I hope you are healing well still.

My brain is frozen so I know I am forgetting things. I am bloody cold. We only have small panel heaters, they were great till this cold spell. I don't think it's right waking up to minus temperatures, though I am grateful they are outside and I am inside!

Loobie, are you able to start packing his things up? or seeking advise on evicting him. There is no reason you should be living in your house like that. Your life is now, not when horrible son chooses to let you get on with it. Take heart in the fact you have some amazing friends and fugee support with what ever you do.

xx

Alex how did you survive without heating :ohmy:

Jazz hope you have a lovely hen night!

Marge, hope you are feeling betterer in the morning and feel up to sitting in Costa / Starbucks till your show!

Snow, I hope you are healing well still.

My brain is frozen so I know I am forgetting things. I am bloody cold. We only have small panel heaters, they were great till this cold spell. I don't think it's right waking up to minus temperatures, though I am grateful they are outside and I am inside!

Loobie, are you able to start packing his things up? or seeking advise on evicting him. There is no reason you should be living in your house like that. Your life is now, not when horrible son chooses to let you get on with it. Take heart in the fact you have some amazing friends and fugee support with what ever you do.

xx

Morning

Marge I really hope you are beginning to turn a corner and start to feel better now. :GroupHug: Please do take care. Plenty of fluids and rest up.

Jazz enjoy your weekend :flowers:

Alex so pleased you finally got some recognition and well deserved :flowers:

Hope Rosie is getting on ok. :GroupHug:

Scooby is a tiny tot so I'll walk him/carry him as far as he wants to go really. I don't think he'll take to a buggy cos he'll try and jump out of it if he gets a smell or sees something. I say this if I could secure him in and he gets worse I guess it might work. I'm pondering about wheels for him. I don't think hydrotherapy would work for him as I assume he wouldn't use his back legs.

Morning :tired:

House is never properly warm because a) the radiators are old and inefficient and in some cases too small - need to have them replaced and b) the cat flap is constantly open, so it always feels cold out in the hall and kitchen (hence why I didn't click that the heating was off). I only have the heating on for short time twice a day cos I don't see the point in heating the whole house (half of which never gets used in any case) when we spend all our time in one room. I have a calor gas heater in the front room which keeps that room nice and toasty. Even though it's a big room (23 ft by 13 ft) it's nice and toasty with the heater on low.

Hope Jazz enjoyed the hen night flowers.gif

Michelle - you can get covered buggies which zip closed, so he wouldn't be able to jump out (but would still be able to see) flowers.gif

We are allegedly getting snow later. I hope it holds off because I want to put some trellis up.

Edited by merledogs