UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh Marge fab. I really wish I could draw but I'm hopeless.

Having had a go last night, so am I :laugh:

I don't know what to suggest about the parrot. We once had a lovely cockatiel that we handled frequently from very young, so it wasn't a "screechy" one. Our two dogs got used to him and every night he had free flying time. He would land on the dogs and nibble the fur on their ears. He also got free rides round the room when they moved :laugh:

Those dogs passed away and we got Spike. Not good, in fact there was one near-death experience when Spike very nearly swallowed the poor bird. We rehomed Sunny to a friend who had an aviary and he has resided there ever since. I don't know whether our dogs accepted the bird because it was a baby, but it was a whole different story with Spike :unsure:

I hope Timmy improves :flowers:

JAck threw up this morning, but nothing since then, we did have to stop him eating wild mushrooms on our walk this afternoon!! :ohmy:

What a strange night. All of us, (me Keith, Jack and Cherry ) Woke up thinking it was morning as I had left the light on downstairs. Turned out it was 3.15am, so we had a cuppa, though I couldn't get back to sleep much before 5am. Slept in, so it was a mad dash to the allotment AGM. It was fun though,didn't quite end in a punch up, but some people are definite stirrers! :laugh:

Had a nice walk to see some swans and other birds not far from home and Jack as well as Cherry had some offlead fun in the adjoining field.

I found myself buying another camera online, a cheapie for my handbag. Haven't done much research, just like the price and the colour. :laugh: I have also ordered another card, as mine are all old and need replacing, also a spare battery. I like 7 day shop, but I won't look there for the forseeable future. :rolleyes:

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=113067&PHPSESSID=7s9flng8fnq4kf9j31qijlbk01

So sad about Gary Speed mecry.gif

I found some Zantac in the cupboard so have given Timmy some of that. He'll be sleeping downstairs tonight cos I have work tomorrow and need a decent sleep. I'll have to cover the rugs with old towels and fleeces in case he needs to go.

Archie gets colic Alex and my vet told me to give him an indigestion remedy to help settle it down so I think you have done the right thing flowers.gif

Getting the liquid stuff into Archie was a bit of an ordeal but after a bit of trial and error we finally settled on fruit flavoured Rennies because he likes them laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Morning :wavey:

Sorry you had a crap nights sleep Alex, I couldn't cope on four hours kip :( Glad Timmy is feeling better :flowers:

My Sister is going looking at a house to rent today so if anyone can spare some Fugee Power to will this along I'd be most grateful :biggrin: she could be out before Christmas :elefant:

Oooh Marge fab. I really wish I could draw but I'm hopeless.

I've got a dilemma and I really don't know what to do. Parents are looking for a new home for their African Grey parrot. Martyn has said he can come here if I want him to. We were supposed to be inheriting him so it's made me think boo hoo I thought he was coming here but oh hell not exactly great timing. I'm worried our household as it stands might be too potty for him, he could be stressed/frightened and because I don't know parrots I might not realise and he could have a heart attack in fright. I don't know how the Viz will behave. I think they'll both just think great another pet. Scoobs will more than likely think dinner has arrived. Would he get used to a bird being in part of the house he didn't have access to or would it stress the hell out of him because he would want to get to it and couldn't? I know next to nowt about parrots. Martyn used to have birds of prey and has handled this one. He clipped his claws today.

I have parrots and budgies. Its a matter of strict regime to ensure bird safety. Debbie has marauding cats so I have to make sure that the door is closed when Rio is free flying. Your Affy will need a room that isnt hugely busy so you can introduce him slowly as even just moving house will be immensely stressfull for him. Then just let him see for himself from his cage untill he is happy enough with it all. When he comes out of his cage just make sure predators are out of the room ! Always remember he will prefer to eat your wallpaper and mirror frames to parrot food and you will spend more on his five a day than yours !!!

Edited by Trallwm farm

Getting the liquid stuff into Archie was a bit of an ordeal but after a bit of trial and error we finally settled on fruit flavoured Rennies because he likes them laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Timmy gets his gob held open and a syringe squirted in, he doesn't have a choice in the matter laugh.gif

My Sister is going looking at a house to rent today so if anyone can spare some Fugee Power to will this along I'd be most grateful :biggrin: she could be out before Christmas :elefant:

Sending tons of fugee power flowers.gif

I'm not feeling too bad at the mo cos I've been mad busy, but no doubt will hit me later on when I stop wacko.gif

I think I may have an admirer :blush: laugh.gif

I've just confirmed with my tree-surgeon neighbour that our big bay tree is to come down mecry.gif

I love that tree and it provides such a great home for the birds but my loopy next door neighbour is claiming the roots are undermining her house wall. You never know which way she is going to jump so rather than have to face any future problems over it if we take it down it hopefully that will stop her in tracks. You can't reason with her and even if it was proved that the bay tree wasn't at fault she will would bang on about it forever more.

Looking on the bright side we will have a lot more space and ever so much more light in our tiny garden once it's gone. I need to get a fencing panel up though against the boundary wall so we don't have to look at her or her bloody awful problem lodgers going in and out.