UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Novembers Numb Nuts

merledogs

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have fond memories of Melton and meeting you, Keith, Cherry and the late great Spike wub.gif there.

Did you bring a pork pie back?

oh yes, I remember too, around about 2005 I believe? Yes we brought a couple of pork pies from olde pork pie shoppe and some sausages from the shop next door. I am not a great lover of pork pies or sausages, but I will have a little taste. :biggrin:

I had roast potatoes and homemade Yorkshire puds for tea, I would have had meatloaf as well but someone (me) tripped up and threw it on the floor :glare:

:ohmy: oops!

You'll be glad to know I haven't set the kitchen on fire since for at least a couple of years now laugh.gif

Glad to hear it! :wink:

I hate having to defrost the car in the mornings Michele :(

Forgot to mention that, just before we got to Rutland yesterday, Keith realised he had left the dog's leads at hoime. Luckily we found a Wilkinson shop, so were able to buy a couple more

:rolleyes:

Got to the hotel and found that I hadn't brought my black shoes to go with my black trousers, so I would have to wear my brown boots instead. Turned out ok though, because I also forgot the black trousers! :laugh: The only thing I could change was my top when we went down for dinner. :unsure:

Marge please tell me you had another pair of trousers :laugh:

Reminds me of the time I travelled to Lincs one night after work for a meeting the following morning. Decided to stop off at home on the way for a comfie pair of shoes to drive in and put my trainers on. Yes you've guessed it had to wear a suit and trainers the following day. :laugh:

Marge please tell me you had another pair of trousers :laugh:

Reminds me of the time I travelled to Lincs one night after work for a meeting the following morning. Decided to stop off at home on the way for a comfie pair of shoes to drive in and put my trainers on. Yes you've guessed it had to wear a suit and trainers the following day. :laugh:

Nope, I had the jeans I arrived in,with muddy hems on them as I had been walking round Rutland Water. I didn't mind them getting muddy round the ankles at the time, because I thought I had clean trousers to change into. :laugh: I did consider going down in my jim jams, nice red ones with white dogs on. :laugh:

A bit of scrubbing, cleaned them up :rolleyes:

Congratulations bobs mum :flowers:

Love that pic of Cherry and Jack. They look as if they own the place. Like kittycat I wish I could take mine to stay somewhere civilised but I think we would be ejected rather quickly.

It has been foggy, drizzly and miserable here today but we are happy bunnies :biggrin: We have been doing so much tracking lately with no immediate result that we sometimes get discouraged. But this morning we were up in a village on the moors outside Sheffield after a teensy ickle Maltese who had escaped on Sat night and was seen scurrying round a village a couple of miles away. Wispa got a nice fresh scent and took us at a forced march through the village and up into farmland where it was pretty rough. That tiny dog who had never been cross-country on her walks had gone along squelchy slippy footpaths, through fences and stiles, through a field of cows, through deep mud which she must have skipped lightly over - unlike us - and out to another road. Then we got a phone call to say she had been found and was at kennels. The place where she was picked up was exactly where Wispa had led us to. Wispa couldn't understand why we were jumping about and hugging her when we hadn't found the dog yet, but off we went to kennels where she met little Poppy and of course recognised her from scent.

I was particularly happy because we had with us a man who wants to learn how to track missing dogs, and I was a bit anxious that I wouldn't be very good at teaching anything. Needn't have worried as Wispa did a perfect demonstration and he learned a lot from her. Next time out I will ask him to handle her, then at some point later on we will get his young patterdale x to work with Wispa who is usually very tolerant of pups and hopefully will show her what to do.

Morning :tired:

Marge laugh.gif

Steph, that's my trick rolleyes.gif

I've meant to say each time I've posted that I'm glad you got Scottish power sorted Alex. Honestly I have the attention span of a ..ooh look a chicken rolleyes.gif wacko.gif wink.gif

Thanks flowers.gif

Well done bobs mum flowers.gif

Well done Owl and Wispa flowers.gif

Remember the marathon audit I did? Well I am now doing a follow up audit rolleyes.gif I just want my life back!!!!

Edited by merledogs

morning all :flowers:

its freezing. back doors open and the dogs are in here asleep. watch what happens when I shut the door ......

Haha, little darlings laugh.gif

Archie and I are meeting up with his friends, Cara, Kibbie and Mica and their mum shortly for a walk so I'd better go and get on.