UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Jolly Japes

merledogs

Evening

Hope I don't miss anyone out here but have read your posts and commisserated/congratulated along the way.

Well done Louie & Amy and Alicia, Sorda & Tully :flowers:

So sorry about your nephew. Very traumatic experience for you all :GroupHug:

Pleased Tia is ok. Really sorry about Barney :GroupHug:

Marge that's one tough job you have. Hope the week improves for you and the poor man is ok and sorted very soon. There are some horrible people out there :GroupHug:

Barbara thank goodness your guardian angel was with you. That was one very close shave. Hope you're ok in the coming days. Take care of yourself as shock can be a funny thing :GroupHug: Hope everyone else got away scot free too.

I'm working long hours at the moment and it's tedious putting right others daft carp but once it's sorted it's going to be great.

I've just read back over the past couple of days...seems a mixed bag, sad stories, lucky escapes and relieved dog owners, so :biggrin: :flowers: :GroupHug: as necessary.

Owl, I hope your grass isn't too plentiful..when my daughter had a pony at livery, quite a few developed laminitis due to stuffing themselves on rich grass. I know we haven't had much rain lately but my lawn is still managing to grow quite well, and the marestails and bindweed are positively flourishing!

No, the lady who has the horses says it is just right. Our weeds are doing fine but the grass isn't as plentiful as it should be in June and is probably less rich here up on the ridge anyway.

Spins, have just been reading about your narrow escape and went cold :ohmy: Your guardian angel gave a fine performance, and I am sure was heartily congratulated and given a stiff drink of whatever they serve up there.

A young chaffinch flew straight into my car this morning :mecry: Fly free birdie.

Sleep tight birdy :lily:

RMF : only got home from work half an hour ago. Had a meeting with my line manager, after which he took us out to lunch. Didn't get back to work until 3pm, and had stuff to do which kept me there. Gave up in the end, spreadsheets scramble my brain if I look at them too long wacko.gif

Evening. Had to get the bus to work today as car back in garage having speedo looked into again. In usual fashion it's been working so they can't locate the problem. They're keeping it in again tomorrow. So far I've been the first one in the office most days. It's most unlike me :laugh:

Know what you mean about not being able to deal with a spreadsheet for too long. I've been doing that with some of the reconciliations I'm working on. It seems to dull your brain and you get nowhere after a while.

Yet again someone hasn't paid postage on a letter they've sent to Oldies Club so I've got to fork out another £1.36 to get it incase it's something we need to receive.

:GroupHug: :mecry: :mad: please take as needed.

I'm guilty of reading and not posting. :rolleyes: I get out of the habit and then don't know what to say. I lead such a boring life.

But a good bit of news for a change. (At least for me) The car passed it's MOT. Woohoo!!!!!

Evening. Had to get the bus to work today as car back in garage having speedo looked into again. In usual fashion it's been working so they can't locate the problem. They're keeping it in again tomorrow.

That's so frustrating :flowers:

But a good bit of news for a change. (At least for me) The car passed it's MOT. Woohoo!!!!!

Well done :biggrin:

Glad you are ok Spins :flowers:

Well, the social worker :run4hills: as expected when I told him my tenant was in hospital, but i have got this far without them, so it's not much of a loss :rolleyes:

On the plus side, i found out that the flat is not ready to let yet, so the housing association will keep it open to him for a while. Also managed to contact his sister, who is very willing to help out. Fingers crossed. The financial mess can be sorted when he's settled. :worried_anim:

this afternoon I will be packing up my stuff in our temporary office, as our noo one is ready. I had a sneaky peak yesterday and it looks good. We're not as open plan as some other offices in our building, so that should be a lot better for us.

Suzeanna, how are you getting on with your new tablets?

Glad the car passed it's MOT Sue :biggrin:

I hope you get yours sorted Michelle, nothing more annoying than mysterious car faults that won't show themselves when you get to the garage :rolleyes:

Marge, glad you are making progress for your client. You do a really tough job :GroupHug:

RMF: I slept through the alarm, woke up at 8.30 :ohmy:

I shot out of bed like a Harrier Jump Jet, then thought 'Wait there, I work from home and I don't actually need to be up early this morning...' :laugh:

I've stopped taking my tablets :rolleyes:they weren't agreeing with me at all. I had crippling stomach pains and had to keep running for the loo, I came out with a very fetching rash all over my neck chest and arms, my fingers were so stiff I could barely bend them, and these were all listed in the "common side effects". They did say they should only last a couple of weeks or so, but I wasn't prepared to wait and see...the having to dash to the loo particularly was very upsetting, especially as my idea of a dash is probably everyone else's idea of a quick walk! No doubt the cardiologist will moan, but hey, into each life some rain must fall :biggrin:

We've just had one hell of a thunderstorm here, coupled with lots of heavy rain and hailstones :wacko: I jumped out of my skin when the window next to me rattled :ohmy: Just hope my boys are okay.

I have been doing spreadsheets all morning so my eyes are :wacko: