UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Having spent 6 months enjoying 'early retirement' having been made redundant aged 50, I have 18 hours to prepare myself to going back to work!

I applied for 5 or 6 jobs a week, and had to turn down one interview, as they needed somebody who could 'work under pressure' and that's not me. Then I was asked to go to an interview for a 4 hour a day job sharing admin post, but again 'thanks, but no thanks' (bugger - I thought I'd done a really good interview and would have loved the job!)

Got a phone call from the company this morning - one of the two ladies they had taken on was a bit of a technophobe and was struggling, so could I start ASAP, like tomorrow!

EEEEEKKKK!!!!

Went to Cornwall to scatter MIL ashes at her favourite place 'back home'. We met up with her brother and his wife who Paul hasnt seen since he was a boy and so I hadn't met before. We took her to her favourite place where she always holidayed, had a drink in 'her' pub, a walk round 'her' campsite, then scattered her ashes in the wind.

:GroupHug: Andrea. I know what you mean about things being surreal, my friend Carol was an identical twin and it can be quite un nerving to bump into her sister, who looks and talks like her and has the same mannerisms.

quote name='gooster' timestamp='1306790863' post='923126']

to everyone in

Charliegoo got his 60,000 point award at flyball today,

WTG Charliegoo :wub:

RMF : I could SO be a lady of leisure.

me too :rolleyes:

They have banned dogs this year.:mad: I'm not going for the first time in about 30 years. I cannot leave the dogs at home all day.

Hope you enjoy your week off :flowers:

I went to the gym this morning - I ran for about 12 minutes...I'm so tired now

I wouldn't be able to do even that much, I couldn't run if my life depended on it! :laugh:

Got a phone call from the company this morning - one of the two ladies they had taken on was a bit of a technophobe and was struggling, so could I start ASAP, like tomorrow!

EEEEEKKKK!!!!

Good luck! :flowers:

Hope your hols get sorted Mrs B. where is the land of Tigger? :unsure:

Jules and Julia! What are you like? :laugh:

I've had a fab weekend, done everything I wanted to do and managed two days out. i have spent today potting out, potting on plants in the tomato houses and garden. also planted some seeds. didn't think it would take all day though, :laugh: but I have really enjoyed it.

Marge : Am v jel (as they say in Essex laugh.gif)

I've had a response from the council re my noise complaint. Just in time because nice weather is forecast for the weekend. Don't expect they will do anything before then, but if they make noise at least I can record it in the diary.

Evening. Have only just got in as took boss home as she suddenly realised she had no way of getting home without her car :rolleyes: She got the train to London this morning for a meeting and got back late afternoon into the office and clean forgot :laugh: Although I've worked there before they are dealing with lots of different things now so I need to be shown an awful lot of stuff.

Have had a pleasant day. Met 3 people I hadn't before and everyone was lovely, as expected. So refreshing.

Well done charlie goo

Tut to those whose names begin with Jul :laugh:

Best of luck with the new job K9Fran. Glad you got the job you wanted.

I don't think I'll be doing much tonight. I is cream crackered.

On 2nd July I will be jumping out of an aeroplane for a sponsored charity parachute jump :ohmy:

That is a wee bit brave. At 18 I really wanted to do this, now it gives me the heeby-jeebies just thinking about it. So you'll be fine!

Houndzrus, Tigger is an Irish boy. And has more than a touch of the blarney about him when he's with the ladies!

I am clean today :biggrin:

And Jules, glad to hear it! :laugh:

I've been to Aldi and spent too much money on cack :rolleyes:

I read it as crack too. Was going to ask if you had had another pants day at work! :laugh:

Having spent 6 months enjoying 'early retirement' having been made redundant aged 50, I have 18 hours to prepare myself to going back to work!

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your job. I want to work part-time! :biggrin:

Marge, how do you manage to fit so much into a weekend? Do you have a diary that you schedule it all into? :laugh: Maybe I should start getting up earlier. :rolleyes: or just stay up when the dogs wake me instead of letting them out then going back to bed!