UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Jazz's mum Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I managed to refrain from buying Rhodos today (see, I know the lingo now laugh.gif) but only cos a) they didn't have any in B&Q and b) 'cos I had to go food shopping so didn't get to Bents.

The shower head holder broke the other day so I was hoping I could just get a replacement part, but unfortunately not for the rail I've got so I had to buy the whole rail thing again. I couldn't get the identical one so I had to buy a new one which is the same shape but was priced at £59.99 wacko.gif It was nicer though and was brushed nickel finish instead of shiny silver like my other one. When I got to the till it only came up as £39.98 though biggrin.gif I might have treated myself to a new head (and it's not often you can say that laugh.gif) as well.

I had a bit of a fright when I thought I'd left my Blackberry in the basket I was using. Rushed back in, but couldn't find it. The very nice man on the returns desk lent me his Blackberry to ring mine to see if anybody had picked it up and would answer, but no luck. We were at the stage of getting the security guard to check the cameras when I thought I'd just double check the car again, and there it was. I hadn't even taken it into B&Q, oops :blush: rolleyes.gif

Josie laugh.gif Watch out when you're poo picking, it's got teeth! laugh.gif

I've put up the new shower rail (twice cos the first time I put the holder on upside down rolleyes.gif) and changed the bed. Settled down for the night now and looking forward to getting into clean sheets later. Might have to have an early night.

Thought of you on our walk this morning, Alex. We explored a new bit of woodland and it was full of 10 ft high rhodos in full bloom.

It must be the only imported plant to have a gundog breed specially designed to work through acres of it - the Clumber spaniel.

I was going to say you should come to Clumber Park, but I fear the sight of so much of your fave shrub might cause you to faint in ecstasy.

Edited by owl

Evening. Well I got my wish and have finally left awful job (yesterday) that had me in tears at times and stressed at best for over a year. Have got stinking cold but looking forward to my newish job. I'm going into the office tomorrow or Monday as boss won't be in on Tuesday so she's setting me up on comp and handing over a load of work. Things are in a right muddle due to a humungous cockup with the accounts and I'm going to be extremely busy unravelling it all but I'll be happy :biggrin:

Lots of :GroupHug: as I know plenty are needed.

Well done Michelle, and happy unravelling :flowers:

After a mostly good day apart from a nagging headache, a very stupid thing has happened. I have lost some half dozen pairs of newly laundered knickers. Have checked all laundry baskets, washing machine, backs of radiators, Wispa's bed, anywhere they could have gone. I must have got distracted while putting them away and left them somewhere very stupid. :angry:

Evening. Well I got my wish and have finally left awful job (yesterday) that had me in tears at times and stressed at best for over a year. Have got stinking cold but looking forward to my newish job. I'm going into the office tomorrow or Monday as boss won't be in on Tuesday so she's setting me up on comp and handing over a load of work. Things are in a right muddle due to a humungous cockup with the accounts and I'm going to be extremely busy unravelling it all but I'll be happy :biggrin:

Lots of :GroupHug: as I know plenty are needed.

:GroupHug: Being off work - due to work related stress/bullying - I can totally understand your thoughts.

Morning Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Thought of you on our walk this morning, Alex. We explored a new bit of woodland and it was full of 10 ft high rhodos in full bloom.

It must be the only imported plant to have a gundog breed specially designed to work through acres of it - the Clumber spaniel.

I was going to say you should come to Clumber Park, but I fear the sight of so much of your fave shrub might cause you to faint in ecstasy.

I would have been in raptures biggrin.gif You've just reminded me that they grow wild in Worsley woods, so must have a little walk up there soon.

Michelle - good luck in your newish job flowers.gif And I assume it was you who sent the Synflex? If so thank you very much from Max and I :liebe94: I shall make a donation to Oldies Club if that's okay flowers.gif

Owl - I hope you manage to find your knickers, so that you don't have to go commando laugh.gif

Alicia (KatsnGreys) Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

RMF : Rhododendrons were on earth as far back as 50 million years ago. They truly are prehistoric. I shall be going to Bents today to buy more.

Edited by merledogs

Tomorrow we are doing a multi agency exercise here at a Local Train station , so thats us ( railways ) and the Ambos ( Ambulance ) and Fireys ( Fire Fighters ) and Coppers ( Policeman )

Exercise went well , Fireys have their names on their trouser pocket so I spent a lot of time looking at Firemans legs ( had worse days at work )

so does it sound like there might be a permanent job there? would you take it?

Not whilst Mark is working full time in England no , I love my job but I love him more wub.gif

mothers had a mini stroke. its effected her speech. not a lot, but enough to know there is a problem. she says thats all its effected, and hasnt called the doctor as she knows what to do.

Jazz what a worry for you Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif , I would think she should see a doctor if she has had a stroke in case there are any further issues.

That must indeed be a huge weight of your mind , bad jobs suck the joy out of the rest of your life don't they. Good Luck in your lovely new job flowers.gif

Lost the 2nd block of text I was trying to post which was wishing Owl well in finding her knickers and hoping Kats and Greys is getting the support she needs from her employers and they dealing with the issues Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

quote name='lil_angel' timestamp='1306528092' post='923020

Ive booked a cottage for a few days break with my parents and Louie next month Am also planning on going away for a week to Madeira with a friend from Uni

Enjoy :biggrin:

quote name='safneo' timestamp='1306528915' post='923023'

We are having a weekend away in Cornwall and taking MIL ashes down to scatter 'back home'.

:GroupHug:

RMF: I have had my first shower in three weeks. My new shower room is all done except the ceiling. I am a very, very happy bunny

Happy noo shower :biggrin:

mothers had a mini stroke. its effected her speech. not a lot, but enough to know there is a problem. she says thats all its effected, and hasnt called the doctor as she knows what to do.

Pink thingy still about, but she has swallowed the teeth!!!!

:laugh:

:GroupHug: Being off work - due to work related stress/bullying - I can totally understand your thoughts.

Love the noo dog bed Alex.

Glad the BBC have seen sense Owl :wink:

Morning all

had a very busy day at the lotty yesterday and was fit for nothing when I got home.

Off to Ashbourne to a dog show today at a garden centre

HERE

Went last year, and had a lovely walk round the grounds, as well as a nice garden centre (which allows dogs in too). Alex, there are huge Rhodos in the grounds :wink:

Thanks for that link, it has some useful info on it about other events. I would have joined you at the dog show but I am doing a transport run. Thankfully I don't have to go commando as the missing pants mysteriously turned up this morning in the underwear drawer which had already been repeatedly searched.

Thanks for that link, it has some useful info on it about other events. I would have joined you at the dog show but I am doing a transport run. Thankfully I don't have to go commando as the missing pants mysteriously turned up this morning in the underwear drawer which had already been repeatedly searched.

Those other events do look interesting don't they? I think Jack might like diving for a duck! :laugh:

Might see you later in the year then :flowers: