UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Must admit- although I represented one of her former victims _ never realised how much it took from you and how hard it was to deal with.

:GroupHug: having been on the receiving end myself, I know how hard it is.

Piddling down here. Fergus just decided he needed a wee, I opened the door, he shuddered flashed me a look and has gone back to bed. No-one else has made a move yet. I've had a moan from Bracken for disturbing him.

Piddling down here too, but I am so pleased for my plants! Dogs have had a lie in, can't imagine why they're tired :rolleyes:

Alex, you could go through as many characters as you like, Cinderella, Shrek, Red riding hood, or how about favourite celebs??? :unsure:

Don't know what to do today, might go to the national herb centre. My boss told me about it last week and reckons it's a good little walk with the added bonus of plants etc. I just mentioned to keith that they did home made cake, so that's him interested, :laugh: LINKY

Thinking about Spike today, it would have been his 15th birthday. :wub:

DSCF8388.jpg

it would be perfect if the rain only fell overnight :rolleyes:

made a boo boo yesterday. :rolleyes: I ordered some cocktail sausages for the dogs online by just clicking the picture of gorgeous browned fings on Tesco's website. They came in a packet, different to usual and frozen, but I took them on our day out anyway. Come treat time, two hungry hounds awaiting the opening of the packet, only to find 28 RAW sossigiss! :ohmy: I know they would have eaten them anyway, but they had to wait until I cooked them at home, to eat them. :laugh:

im sorry you are being bullied. can you go higher to sort it out? :GroupHug:

trudy and ruby won a load of toys at the dog show yesterday, so I dropped them into a pile, and they have been sorting out what they want. I bought a lloooaaddd of chews too,keep them happy for months.

ruby got 2nd in best puppy and 2nd in scruffiest dog. every dog wins a prize, so as it was really a GSD show,loads of smaller rope toys to choose from. also, a kong, but its in the shape of some wood tied together, know what I mean, no idea what to do with that lol

aha, its a dental kong. so what are they playing with the most? the cardboard around the toys lol

corrrrrr

I put freddie in the hall with a bone. he wanted to come in.

one quick move, trudy grabbed the bone as big as her, mouse grabbed rubys bone, the size of her head. freddie and ruby are wondering what happened lol

It's started raining in the night and hasn't stopped - yippee! We haven't had anything except occasional passing showers for about 3 months here and the situation has been dire. We all enjoyed a lie in, which is rare indeed.

My sympathy over the bullying, hope you can get some support somewhere.

The wild Rhodos are R Ponticum. It is considered a thug and a pest by forresters

http://www.countrysideinfo.co.uk/rhododen.htm

All the Rhodos in the woods at the RSPB HQ at Sandy in Bedfordshire, have been removed because they were considered a "weed". They looked wonderful at this time of year but the grounds are being restored to a more natural state, so the Rhodos had to go. :mecry:

Thanks for all the good wishes- unfortunately it's my manager who's the bully - caused me to stop being a Union rep earlier in the year and she's been fully supported by HR - who have told me that I'm the only one who has a problem - ignoring the fact that I'm the 3rd person to be ill due to her treatment. :mecry:

:( :GroupHug:

Happy Birthday Spike :wub: Never forgotten :wub:

I am officially dirty today :ohmy: I went rushing out for a horse ride this morning intending to get a bath when I came home but I still haven't got round to it :blush:. Might just wait until tomorrow now :cool: . I am also wearing clothes that I grabbed off the top of the dirty washing basket :ohmy: except for my joddies which were clean :biggrin:

Alicia, sorry to hear about your mum. Can you speak to her doctor and get her checked out? She probably needs meds to keep her from having further problems. :GroupHug: The elderly can be very stubborn! I think a lot of it is down to fear of what they might be told. :(

Michelle, I am so pleased for you. I hope your new job is all that you are expecting it to be. :flowers:

Katsngreys, :GroupHug: I know how awful it can be too.

Alex, have you bought any Rhodos while I have been away? :wink:

Marge, I see you have been busy at your allotment. Its coming on really well. :biggrin: Really must concentrate on ours now other stuff is out of the way. Happy birthday to Spike. :wub:

Went to Cornwall to scatter MIL ashes at her favourite place 'back home'. We met up with her brother and his wife who Paul hasnt seen since he was a boy and so I hadn't met before. We took her to her favourite place where she always holidayed, had a drink in 'her' pub, a walk round 'her' campsite, then scattered her ashes in the wind. Thankfully the rain had eased for a while. It was a bit surreal but we laughed about it as we could imagine what she would have been saying, aided by her brother being her double in pretty much every way. He looks like her, sounded like her and even sense of humour was the same. Strange as they hardly ever saw each other. The sun came out afterwards for a brief while and we think she might have been pleased with our effort to return her to a place she loved. :biggrin: It was nice to catch up with Pauls family too and we enjoyed our trip, despite being stuck in traffic most of the way there and back and it pizzing down 90% of the time! :rolleyes: We went for a quick visit to Looe afterwards but didn't get time to go to the Eden Project. Another trip to Cornwall is on the cards as there were so many places we wanted to visit. :biggrin: We are now trying to dry out our wet awning.

Edited by safneo