UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Glad you are recovered from the pneumonia, ingipops. Thinking of you today.

Got 2 freecyclers coming for stuff today ... and also some blokies delivering a new mattress and taking the dead one away. I peeked under the memory foam topper and found springs coming through :unsure:

Alex, I hope the noise settled down early on last night. :GroupHug: I know what its like suffering noise pollution. A reason we bought our caravan to get away for it when the weather is good.

Amy, glad you found your camera. :flowers:

Lynn, sounds like a fab job for you. Could you email them too? :biggrin:

Ingi, :ohmy: glad you are over your 'cold' now!

Marge, hope the lotties enjoy your cake. :biggrin:

I am doing normal things this weekend. Going to get hair trimmed before hubby dyes it for me (purple) Then may go and have a look what gardening stuff they have left in Great Mills, before a trip to the allotment to see how the weeds are growing. :rolleyes:

We have been looking at holidays too but not our usual kind. :biggrin:

Remember the snuffly cold i got on holiday? It was pneumonia! Have mostly recovered now thankfully :)

I have volunteered to work today ..... fabulous! Though keeping busy is good idea as it's my dads birthday today and the first 'special day' to deal with since he died.

Glad you are recovered and have a Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif for today.

We've been to the beach biggrin.gif Next time I decide to visit the beach when the tide is out, will someone please stop me? rolleyes.gif I didn't realise how manky Talacre beach was when the tide's out. We had to wade through oil and sludge to reach the sea and when we got there, there were no waves, it was kind of stagnant, most odd wacko.gif We had a nice time anyway, although Beau did poo in the car going there :sick01: They all got absolutely filfthy with the sludge so have just been hosed down (and it was a bugger to get off). I took some pics so will sort through and post. Next time I'm going when the tide is in so they can have a proper play in the sea.

Afternoon

Glad you're better now Ingi and thinking of you :GroupHug:

Ugh Alex. Hope you get the neighbours sorted very soon.

I've not been to Talacre. I tend to go to Formby when the mood takes me.

Have a productive day at the lotty Marge. :flowers:

Lots to catch up on here with being away last weekend. Got peed off with Martyn's friends last night because they called round 3 times just before they all went out and unsettled the dogs for the whole night. So he's been told they're not to knock on the door again. Like a bunch of kids.

Very warm here today but we are supposed to be in for rain.

Meant to say best of luck to Lynne. :flowers:

Edited by Jacobean

I saw a lovely deerhound being walked near us the other day...reminds of when my daughter was younger and had her pony at livery at a place where they owned a deerhound, which used to escape now and then. It was a bit embarrassing wandering the countryside shouting "Fanny!" :laugh:

Mattress arrived. It is a lot thicker than the previous one and Polly finds it harder to jump on to the bed. I will have to make some kind of step. Berlingo also arrived, as seller kindly drove it up to me bringing someone to drive him back. It is now parked in the drive next to the car, and Wispa has very pointedly not acknowledged its existence. She knows it's there because she walked round it but she didn't even sniff or look at it. I don't think she approves of it.

Freecyclers also came, all the visitors arrived in quick succession so everything is done.

Am very impressed with Greater Manchester Police. Some little sh1t had smashed my passenger side wing mirror of my car leaving blood and skin behind. The first I knew of it was when I got home from work to a letter through my door telling me to call them to discuss the damage, and a leaflet from the CSI guys telling me I can get it mended now. Apparently a suspect has already been arrested!! Just waiting for coppers to come round to talk to me now!

That's good service Jayne, you don't even see them around here for car crime flowers.gif

Poor Beau has a poorly paw, not sure what he's done but he's limping on it a bit.

We are all knackered from the sea air, think an early night might be in order :tired:

Am hoping it's gonna chuck it down overnight, I've had to water some plants today which were wilting.

How can I possibly have spent £436 on diesel last month :mecry:

WOW! :wacko: that would do me months! :wacko: Do you drive a big petrol guzzler or do you just have to do heaps of miles? :flowers:

I planted some tomato plants in troughs (and a pepper plant)on my kitchen window sills today.... I wonder of they'll grow :unsure:

Am supposed to be crocheting a baby blanket just now... I do hope the baby doesn't come early as I've barely started :huh: :laugh:

:flowers: thanks for good wishes re RSPCA post.This one isn't online yet but a similar post at another centre is asking for 2 years animal experience which I don't have,will still call anyway.Would need to be a decent salary as well as it's about 8 miles away and only accesible via centre of Taunton which is a pig to drive through and often gridlocked so no way could I come home at lunch to walk dogs.

Just been folding up tombola tickets for my next OC stall,what a pian that is :wacko: