UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May's Meandering Monologue

merledogs

Have a certain letter to write today and wondering what to say tomorrow. But I'm not worrying about it.

The words "up" and "yours" spring to mind laugh.gif

I am debating whether to do energetic-type stuff or whether to make some lunch and chill with a book.

Alex, how is Beau's eye today?

Have a certain letter to write today and wondering what to say tomorrow. But I'm not worrying about it.

Quite right, enjoy the day and let tomorrow look after itself :flowers:

I am like a whirling dervish today, have got loads done so now I'm away for a ride out with beloved pony, followed by some lolling about with a book later.

Just seen the news about Osama Bin Laden. I can understand the desire for revenge but seeing the US celebrations makes me feel uncomfortable. It will probably lead to more 'revenge' attacks and I doubt his death will change very much, I expect he had his succession planning in place.

I've yet to start doing anything. About to start clearing up the chaos I caused yesterday when chopping everything back. Feel like I always tidy up one thing to cause a disaster elsewhere.

I haven't seen the news. Can't help wondering how they are so sure it's him they've got. I can't celebrate the passing of someone. He believed what he believed in (and I'm not saying he was right). I just wish people could find peace together or just leave each other alone.

Alex, how is Beau's eye today?

Just seen the news about Osama Bin Laden. I can understand the desire for revenge but seeing the US celebrations makes me feel uncomfortable. It will probably lead to more 'revenge' attacks and I doubt his death will change very much, I expect he had his succession planning in place.

His eye is much better thanks flowers.gif

His death has left a void, but whoever fills it will not be the icon that Bin Laden was. I for one am glad he is dead. I would rather that than the alternative, which is bringing him to trial, which would take years and drag on and probably result in him being executed. You live by the sword, you die by the sword, very true in this case.

Michelle : If you Google there is a photo of his dead face (not for the faint hearted) and it certainly looks like him. Apparently they used facial recognition technology and DNA to identify him. I imagine they would have made VERY sure it was him before making the announcement, which is why they waited a few days.

Edited by merledogs

I have watched the news today about Bin Laden and I was unsettled by the celebrations and I fear that as a dead Martyr he will continue to influence his followers and the cycle of violence will escalate

As many of you remember I have seen first hand how that level of hate can be transferred from thought and word into deed , I don't know what the answers are but I know it takes years to find peace after your life is touched by such violence

my god!

someone got a 3yr old female akita off freecycle on saturday, its too much for her and 3 small children, so is giving it away again

:mecry: Poor dog and idiot people :mad:

I have a lovely afternoon, my friend came round with her two collies and spent the day here :biggrin:

I have watched the news today about Bin Laden and I was unsettled by the celebrations and I fear that as a dead Martyr he will continue to influence his followers and the cycle of violence will escalate

As many of you remember I have seen first hand how that level of hate can be transferred from thought and word into deed , I don't know what the answers are but I know it takes years to find peace after your life is touched by such violence

I absolutely agree

Oh well I tried ... just checked my inbox to find an email and photos from my boss of their new border terrier puppy my guess is shes from a breeder ... will just have to change tactics and convince them to at least have her spayed when shes old enough, meantime I shall look forward to puppy cuddles tomorrow. Welcome home Daisy :wub: