UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April's Alluring Orations

merledogs

I used to really like MSE, I hadn't used it for a while and have been back on there recently...I don't like it now :mecry:

However some of the boards really show what a me me me society we live in :ohmy:

I do look at the website but never really got into the forums there

I am guessing its all about saving money ?

I do look at the website but never really got into the forums there

I am guessing its all about saving money ?

Saving money and / or making money.

There are how do I claim the right benefits, how do I fix my PC, how do I live old style, how do I repay my mortgage really quickly, comping forum, etc

I think I should just avoid some of the forums and use the others!

I think reading some of them just makes me despair of people!!

People entering competitions to win prizes that they then can't use cause they live miles away from said location. People *grabbing* things because they are free, not because they need them. See, I should just stay off some forums shouldn't I :laugh:

Saving money and / or making money.

There are how do I claim the right benefits, how do I fix my PC, how do I live old style, how do I repay my mortgage really quickly, comping forum, etc

I should get my eyes tested as I read that as camping forum and thought that was a bit odd but maybe a way of saving money laugh.gif

How about - Ghost dog strikes again.

Nice one! I went out so didn't start a thread, but I will now start one in Doggie Chat for HLGS to post the pic there if she will. Then if anyone else wants to caption it they are welcome.

I have received some very useful advice on MSE, but find the whole thing so huge and it moves so fast that I find it too daunting and impossible to negotiate.

In addition, I find some people on there are just out to make rude and unhelpful remarks, and can be quite vitriolic in the comments they make about people .......... some of whom may not have done the most sensible things, but glasshouses and stones come to mind. As for the pets area ............ sometimes I have felt moved to comment, but sometimes it has to be "just walk away Mrs B, do not let your fingers touch the keyboard Mrs B" :rolleyes: In a way the horribleness is a shame, because there are some truly lovely people there.

Trying to work out whether I am actually hungry and want any dinner - which is worrying - I always want dinner!

I have received some very useful advice on MSE, but find the whole thing so huge and it moves so fast that I find it too daunting and impossible to negotiate.

In addition, I find some people on there are just out to make rude and unhelpful remarks, and can be quite vitriolic in the comments they make about people .......... some of whom may not have done the most sensible things, but glasshouses and stones come to mind. As for the pets area ............ sometimes I have felt moved to comment, but sometimes it has to be "just walk away Mrs B, do not let your fingers touch the keyboard Mrs B" :rolleyes: In a way the horribleness is a shame, because there are some truly lovely people there.

Trying to work out whether I am actually hungry and want any dinner - which is worrying - I always want dinner!

Thank you Mrs B - that is how I feel. I joined many years ago when it was smaller and sometimes, though not always seemed friendlier - maybe that's cause it was smaller!!

Where did the weekend go? We had a traditional bank holiday, went to B&Q yesterday for an argument.

Sorry Jules that tickled me cos I've done that before today too :laugh:

Well done Charlie :wub:

Lots of :GroupHug: for Andrea and family. Have you considered a hospice at some point as they are very good?

2 days to go. Am waiting impatiently for someone to send me an email :tapfoot:

I used to really like MSE, I hadn't used it for a while and have been back on there recently...I don't like it now :mecry:

However some of the boards really show what a me me me society we live in :ohmy:

They have just informed me account is now active. I guess they googled me and found I was real. This reverse snobbery is draining. Im on the Frugal challenge if anyone wants a laugh before I get banned again

I did my first "proper" ttouch case study this evening. Was with a member of my obedience club so not too scary, plus had back up of another practitioner as we needed more people for groundwork exercises. Went really really well. From a very pulley working gsd to a gsd that could walk with owner on 2 points of contact towards a field full of bunnies.

Was also able to do a bit of ground work with Talyn while we gave her dog a rest. Tal was a superstar and really did some nice balanced walking and showed just how far he has come and also how much he has recovered after having Aldo here which affected him really quite badly.

I'm liking this ttouch lark

Ingi!!! Its lovely to see you here again. :biggrin: Look forward to hearing all your news!.

Murtle, I find a lot of the forums that I used to go on when smaller, go the same way when they grow too big. :(

Jazz, the pain relief MIL was on was totally inadequate. Paracetomol. :( Can you get them to up your mums? :GroupHug:

Michelle, she was in a hospice to start with for assessment, (apparently they are not the places they used to be - final care) then she went home as was her wish, with a full time carer. Then her antiquated boiler packed in so no heating/hot water, hence being placed in emergency care home. :( The hospice staff come to see her in the home now. Nothing much anyone can do that the nursing staff do except prescribe meds. Nursing staff are fabulous in the home and we couldnt have wished for better care for her (having heard so many horror stories).

Alex, I hope you did have that nap this afternoon and didnt start clearing out the attic or redecorating your lounge as you are prone to :laugh: I promise to post photos of the new caravan in the next day or so. Just not had time to download any of hthe many hundred that are still on my camera. :rolleyes:

Edited by safneo

People entering competitions to win prizes that they then can't use cause they live miles away from said location. People *grabbing* things because they are free, not because they need them. See, I should just stay off some forums shouldn't I :laugh:

I agree with both of you. MSE is too big and noisy for me, I just don't get the whole 'grabbing' thing either Murtle. I visit quite a few other frugal type blogs and forums, but they are gentler and more considered, if you know what I mean. I'm trying to live a life with less 'stuff' not more, I don't want it even if it is free :rolleyes:

I have my Dolly Parton tickets :elefant: I'm really tempted to wear a tribute outfit but a) I'm going with my OH and he won't dress up, and b) I'm a bit worried I will be the only one in the whole audience :laughingsmiley:

Morning :tired:

Michelle - hope your email arrived flowers.gif

Jules - your OH would look a bit silly with a pair of enormous funbags strapped to his chest laugh.gif

Hello Ingi :wavey:

Alex, I hope you did have that nap this afternoon and didnt start clearing out the attic or redecorating your lounge as you are prone to :laugh: I promise to post photos of the new caravan in the next day or so. Just not had time to download any of hthe many hundred that are still on my camera. :rolleyes:

Look forward to the pics flowers.gif I did have my nap, but got woken in the middle by a colleagues asking if I could give him a reference.

RMF : Pay day today, whoopeee :pinkie:

who goes on 'approved foods' the cheap food site? they have karma sutra biscuits, and boobs chocolate. think there is other adult bits, but havent looked :rolleyes:

on the subject, did anyone buy the go ahead fruit bars? they are square, with oats and fruit, no yoghurt topping. they are ruddy lovely. they havent got any more and I cant see anywhere else that sells them