UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

February's Fascinating Fandangles

Mrs B

Thank goodness your dogs are safe, Suzeanna.

It's truly vile up here, but at least we are warm in the house. Early night I think.

I am down to 2 snails, one small and one huge. They are both fairly ancient. The 2 other small snails slowly ground to a halt during the week, nothing wrong with them except age, went into their shells more and more and finally didn't come out. The remaining small one is quite lively, but all by itself as the huge snail (different species which prefers a warmer temperature) went into hibernation 2 months ago. They have a heat mat and are in the warmest room, but it still decided to double glaze its doorway and switch all systems to standby until springtime. All right for some :laugh:

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wind has decided that the shed didn't need it's felt cover on the roof anymore!:rolleyes: Hope that we don't get any rain tonight.

Got greeted by the greyhound scream of death when I came in from work. Blue walloped his shoulder in the rush to get to the door. If I wasn't grey before I am now!!!!

Just took the girls out for last P. It's worse than ever out there and I'm really glad I managed to demolish the annoying wind chimes earlier. The wind has also decided that the tractor shed didn't need a door anymore and has turned it to matchwood. Nothing in there except a very decrepit old Fergie, so doesn't matter really.

This house has no west-facing windows which means you can't see much of the superb view from inside the house. Tonight this is a good thing, as the gale doesn't sounds so bad hammering on the wall as it would on glass.

Morning :tired:

Suzanne - what a shock! ohmy.gif Glad it ended with them all home safe Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

We have lots of big chunks of cement on the driveway, I think some roof tiles may have given up the ghost but it's too dark to see, and it's way too windy to be getting a ladder out :unsure:

I hope it's nothing too bad Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

They have a heat mat and are in the warmest room, but it still decided to double glaze its doorway and switch all systems to standby until springtime. All right for some :laugh:

If only we could do that laugh.gif

Got greeted by the greyhound scream of death when I came in from work. Blue walloped his shoulder in the rush to get to the door. If I wasn't grey before I am now!!!!

For Blue's poorly shoulder Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif Hope the rain holds off for you.

It's pizzing down here, the dogs didn't want to go out for a wee but I'm a mean mummy cos I made them laugh.gif :devil:

RMF : I had two cats and four dogs on the bed with me last night. This does not make for a peaceful night's sleep rolleyes.gif

Morning.

I hope everyone's pets and belongings are safe this morning. I seemed to be dodging flying wheelie bins all day yesterday. I thought I had concussion, after my car door blew back and hit my head when I was getting out of it at work yesterday afternoon. I was glad to finish work though and had a nap when I got home. Thank goodness it's Saturday today!

Reuben puppy is scared by the combination of wind & darkness.

He did the deepest bark we've heard yet, tried to look as fierce as possible then ran into the kitchen with his hair all stood on end weeing in fright. It was rather funny. :laugh:

Thinking of Nige & Archie. This so reminds me of our last few nights with Jester when I was constantly listening out for him and only sleeping in fits and starts. :mecry:

Have finally got out of bed, going to feed Cliffy n Tessie then bring Archie down off my bed for a special brekkie of raw liver.

It's raining here so will be sitting on the couch doing nothing for a while. I really want to take Archie out and carry him to his favorite scenting spots, and hopefully meet all the other dogs walkers here so they can say their goodbyes and remember my gentle bear one last time, oh here I go again :mecry: :mecry:

My gentle sweet bear :wub:

Picture050.jpg

Nige Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Ouch for Marge Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

I was waiting until it stopped pizzing down to take the dogs out, but it was never ending so I took them out and we had a very soggy walk. The stream was higher than I've ever seen it and flowing fast. Taffy jumped in, expecting to land on his paws on the bottom like he normally does, but it was too deep and the current dragged him downstream. Thankfully the stream is fairly narrow so he clambered up onto the bank, for a moment I thought I was going to have to jump in and rescue him.

It was raining to hard that the water was falling at top of the drive and I had a little stream running down the drive.

We're all drying out in front of the fire now.

Have finally got out of bed, going to feed Cliffy n Tessie then bring Archie down off my bed for a special brekkie of raw liver.

It's raining here so will be sitting on the couch doing nothing for a while. I really want to take Archie out and carry him to his favorite scenting spots, and hopefully meet all the other dogs walkers here so they can say their goodbyes and remember my gentle bear one last time, oh here I go again :mecry: :mecry:

My gentle sweet bear :wub:

Picture050.jpg

he is an adorable little dog