UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 Diet Thread

Well done Lynn :flowers:

Alex, staying the same is still good news :flowers:

I only got to do my exercise bike today as our electricity was off most of the day. So I had no weigh in on the Wii. I think I'll do my weigh in day on Monday though as I started with earnest on Monday last

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to all those who are already on the healthy eating/ dieting/ getting fit for 2011 :biggrin:

Fab weight loss Lynn :flowers:

I know I need to get myself in gear, kick myself up the ar*e etc and get on with it but there is too much going on at the moment with my mum being poorly and I know that I just won't be able to give the weight loss/ more exercise thing a good go at the moment :unsure:

Hopefully when things are sorted for mum, however that may be, I will be able to start posting on here and joining in with some weight loss - I did manage to end 2010 7lbs lighter than when I started it :laugh:

well done Alex flowers.gif I was getting muddled with what I have lost as some was pre fat fighters so I checked the Wii Fit this morning and I can now confirm

September 10th 2010 - Sam Squirrel weighed 11.8

January 7th 2011 - Sam Squirrel weighed 10.2

forgot to weigh in yesterday ( with the toothache ) so did this morning

January 15th 2011 Sam Squirrel weighed 10.1

so thats 21 pounds :jumpy:

my bmi is now 22.11

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: weigh day today

Week 1 -6lbs

Week 2 -4lbs

Total 10 lbs

I am so chuffed you wouldn't believe it,such a fabulous start - and this is just cutting out all the cr*ppy stuff I was eating and eating lots more fruit with natural yoghurt for sweet items and an ordinary meal as before.I know I can't keep this up so will settle now for 1-2lb a week.Kicking myself for buying new trousers at M&S in New Year though as they are loose now :rolleyes:

well done , what a great start flowers.gif if you have worn them why not sell them on ebay ( I am going to sell a lot of things that are to big for me ) if you have not worn them take them back for an exchange

My WW lady says that anything up to 2 lbs a week is a healthy rate of weight loss. Obviously we lose more in the first few weeks but after that it is damaging to lose too much.

this week at our slimming club 3 new members had lost 7 lbs each ! I think the weight loss slows down after a few weeks but its a great boost to start off so well

I know I need to get myself in gear, kick myself up the ar*e etc and get on with it but there is too much going on at the moment with my mum being poorly and I know that I just won't be able to give the weight loss/ more exercise thing a good go at the moment :unsure:

Hopefully when things are sorted for mum, however that may be, I will be able to start posting on here and joining in with some weight loss - I did manage to end 2010 7lbs lighter than when I started it :laugh:

hope your mum improves flowers.gif and well done on the 7lbs loss

Well done losers!!! :D :laugh:

I managed to get to my target a couple of weeks before Christmas. Only took me 2yrs to lose 2stone. I took the scenic route! I do love my pizza and wine though. :laugh:

I am another that loves my slow cooker. Being veggie I did slimming world too as I love pasta, potatoes and rice.

Couple of tips for new slimmers...... low fat yoghurt is not really low calorie, go for the fat free ones. Muller lights (Sam I didnt think these were veggie?), Shape, fuller for longer for a thicker creamy fat free yoghurt. I love these and they are often on BOGOF too. :biggrin: They do chocolate ones too I believe, though not sure if these are 'free' such... but I know that people freeze them as an ice cream type desert. Also you can use quark and mix with frozen berries (I put a drop or two of agarve in mine too :wink:)or mix in an 'options' chocolate powder for low calorie desert. You could put this on in a meringue nest if you liked too. You can use candarel to sweeten deserts if you wish.

Also, beware jar sauces as these are laden with sugars. For pasta, instead I use passatta and chuck in some dried herbs and a bit of tomato ketchup (or puree), splash worcs sauce, mushrooms, onions and garlic. You can chuck in whatever you like..... peppers, courgettes. I even use frozen veggies if I dont have time.

Use extra strong cheese if you are a cheese lover like me and grate it to make it go further.

Sweet potatoes and Celeriac are nice alternatives and make lovely mash if you get sick of jacket potatoes and mash. :biggrin:

Alpen lights are good for SW as you can have two for a healthy extra, or have a SW mint/choc hifi bar if you get chocolate cravings.

Also have a look here for recipes if not following a specific plan BBC website

One of my yummy comfort foods is a tortilla wrap spread with tomato sauce of some kind (passatta)or left over pasta sauce, then filled with left over veggies, usually like squash/sweet potatoes, mashed, Grate some cheese over it and then just fry on both sides. You could put beans, onions, peppers etc in them too. They are really big and filling. Have with salad. I tend to have half at a time as I rarely eat the whole thing. :laugh: Obviously this is veggie version but you could add tuna or cooked chicken too.

Thanks for the tips Andrea, and well done on reaching your target weight :flowers:

I must admit I have the Yeo Valley Pots organic yoghurt cos they taste much nicer than any other I've had. They are about 150 cals but I do build them into my calorie allowance. Might try those Shape ones you mention though.

Surprisingly, I lost 3 lbs this week - that's 20 in total :biggrin:

Great tips there,thanks.Well done everyone for the losses. Very chuffed to discover I've lost 2 lbs this week :biggrin: so that's 12lbs in total since 2nd Jan.Really pleased and I am honestly not struggling with cravings and even find it easy to ignore the delicious home made cakes at work :laugh: .Another thing I find helps the sweet tooth is drinking flaovoured water,the gas is filling and the slight sweetness helps me as well.