UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

2011 Diet Thread

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to my Wii, I've lost 1lb. It's a start :laugh:

Been meaning to ask - Sam, when you get a chance could we have your pasta bake recipe please :flowers:

1lb is a great start biggrin.gif

Squirrely Pasta Bake ( I am not fantastic at weights and measures but hopefully will give you an idea )

boil 300g of pasta

whilst pasta boiling pre heat oven to 200 or gas mark what ever the hell 200 is in gas

chop up 3 peppers ( I use diff colours ) about 6 spring onions , hand full of mushrooms and 20 cherry tomatoes , bung them in an oven proof dish to cook whilst pasta still boiling

make up the topping , using a large tub of low fat yogurt ( I think its 454g ) as your base , mix in a egg ( whisked ) and a table spoon of mustard with the seeds in ( lord knows what its called ) beat it all together and then add in about 80g of low fat cheese

drain the pasta and add it to another oven proof dish thing , mix in the veg from the other dish and top it with the yoguryt egg cheese mustard topping thing

bung in oven till its done , using Grandma Squirrels measure of when its brown its done when its black its buggered ( approx. 20 - 30 minutes depending if you have a fancy pants fan yoke or not ) take out of oven and leave to stand for about 10 mins and the dig in

its even nicer the next day cold

So thats it really , its very nice biggrin.gif

Edited by Happylittlegreensquirrel

I've just done my food shopping. I noticed for the first time that Mozzas do crustless quiche lorraine. This makes me happy cos I normally give the crust to the dogs but also because it's much lower in calories.

I worked out that with the crackers I was having for lunch, I might as well buy some low fat bread and have a proper sarnie instead, which is much nicer. So I bought some Hovis Nimble bread.

I've just had some roast turkey breast (only 54p per 100g in the deli and nice and thick) with lots of salad on nimble bread (49 cals per slice), with a piece of crustless quiche. I reckon that was about 500 cals for the lot and I feel full.

I must admit that I am just guessing a lot of the time Jazz, but I try to over estimate rather than under.

Jumped on the scales (well not literally cos I'd break them :laugh: ) this morning and I am the same as I was this time last week. Time to cut down the calories slightly I think. I have been allowing myself 1500 a day with weekends off, so will try and cut back to 1400 and not eat so much at the weekend.

Fingers crossed that the plateau is due to the hormones.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: weigh day today

Week 1 -6lbs

Week 2 -4lbs

Total 10 lbs

I am so chuffed you wouldn't believe it,such a fabulous start - and this is just cutting out all the cr*ppy stuff I was eating and eating lots more fruit with natural yoghurt for sweet items and an ordinary meal as before.I know I can't keep this up so will settle now for 1-2lb a week.Kicking myself for buying new trousers at M&S in New Year though as they are loose now :rolleyes: