UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

December Random Merry Fumblings

merledogs

Is this the pic? :flowers:

Christmasshetlands015.jpg

Yes thank you !

Tiny little thing better than she was yesterday and actually eating now. The babies have been wormed and now the mums have adlib food Im hoping they can produce enough milk for the babies who are desperately nuzzling their mums. This baby and one other would have died and it was still touch and go untill last night. Hopefully the worst is over but I now have to delice the whole lot.

We have more snow on the way, can't get out of the village (steep icy roads) and are running out of dry cat food. We have lots of wet, but if this keeps up I am going to have to walk to Callington and buy some more. It's 8 miles there and back, I may die of exhaustion.... mecry.gif

That is one very cute pony-guineapig... I hope the teeny tinies pull through, glad they at least have plenty to eat and shelter now.

Victoria can you order the food online and have it sent to an address a driver could get to?

Hmm. I can't think of anyone that I know who lives closer than Callington AND on a main road. There is only one main road anywhere near us, and even that is a good 40+ mins walk each way (we did it today to buy some looroll and in the snow it was close to 2 hours!). I don't think the garage where we bought looroll would be up for being a delivery point.

However, I *could* try ringing the Callington pet shop and seeing if I can talk them into bringing the pet food to the nearest point on the main road : I spend loads there so I think they might do it.... It would still be a long walk with a heavy bag, but not *quite* so bad!

Edited by cycas

Hmm. I can't think of anyone that I know who lives closer than Callington AND on a main road. There is only one main road anywhere near us, and even that is a good 40+ mins walk each way (we did it today to buy some looroll and in the snow it was close to 2 hours!). I don't think the garage where we bought looroll would be up for being a delivery point.

However, I *could* try ringing the Callington pet shop and seeing if I can talk them into bringing the pet food to the nearest point on the main road : I spend loads there so I think they might do it.... It would still be a long walk with a heavy bag, but not *quite* so bad!

Have you got a sled? Would be easier to drag a heavy load over snow rather than carry it.

Have you got a sled? Would be easier to drag a heavy load over snow rather than carry it.

Alas, I don't. :mecry: Who would have thought a sled would be such a handy accessory in rural Cornwall! :laugh:

ooh thinking on though, I do have a bodyboard (like a little surfboard you lie down on)... :rolleyes:

Morning :tired:

Bootiful wub.gif

The falabellas are so sweet wub.gif I will make a donation towards their food/lice treatment when I get paid this week flowers.gif

Thank you ,Im very grateful. the population doubled

when these came in. The foal has a huge shaggy coat just to survive the mountains but underneath there is just skin and bone